Wooie1958 is offline Cupid Stunt
    Name: Hey You
    Spouse: Yes M`Lady

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    Quote Originally Posted by molly 2 View Post
    Can you buy it from the main dealer and save receipt ..😋
    That`s the way to do it, give them the registration number and make sure it along with your name and address is on the receipt and you are covered.

It is a brand new motorhome so i don`t think the OP wants to buy a generic ADSA oil even if it is the right viscosity.
    Must Get Round To Setting Up A Paypal Donate Button

Member Number
    Motorhome
    ace napoli
    ACEA number is important. My Berlingo requires C2 oil, anything less will kill the engine within a couple of hundred miles.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooie1958 View Post
    That`s the way to do it, give them the registration number and make sure it along with your name and address is on the receipt and you are covered.

It is a brand new motorhome so i don`t think the OP wants to buy a generic ADSA oil even if it is the right viscosity.
    And where do you think asda buy there oil from,they would also be up in courts if it was not correct,prob made buy the big 5 co just there container,and no it will not efect any warranty,next we will be told only bp/esso/shell fuel can be used.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes Jeff G, witzend, shortcircuit liked this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by Fazerloz View Post
    The Warranty states OEM parts must be used .
    I recently bought a new works van and was informed by a Peugeot main dealer that they can no longer insist on main dealer servicing to preserve the warranty and only that compatible parts must be used
    Likes trevskoda liked this post
    Thanks trevskoda thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by witzend View Post
    I recently bought a new works van and was informed by a Peugeot main dealer that they can no longer insist on main dealer servicing to preserve the warranty and only that compatible parts must be used
    Correct as the consumer law has been changed,i used to inform buyers of my new outboards that they have to bring it back for services within warranty,now they dont have to which is a loss to my pocket.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes witzend liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    09 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Swift Mondial RL
    If you don't tell them they'll never know 0/30 castrol do one called edge
    If there was a warranty claim for engine failiure don't you think they would do oil/debris analysis to find out the cause and determine if the correct oil was used. BMW knock back claims for using non BMW screen wash. If there was a claim and it was knocked back by Fiat would it be worth the time and effort of fighting Fiat for the sake of buying Fiat recommended oil. Once out of warranty then put whatever you want in.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    What do you mean by compatible? Genuine Peugot parts or generic parts which would still be compatible but there can be a whole world of difference between them.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Who can do the work was never at question, its about the parts used.

Wooie1958 is offline Cupid Stunt
    Name: Hey You
    Spouse: Yes M`Lady

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    Quote Originally Posted by Fazerloz View Post
    If there was a warranty claim for engine failiure don't you think they would do oil/debris analysis to find out the cause and determine if the correct oil was used. BMW knock back claims for using non BMW screen wash. If there was a claim and it was knocked back by Fiat would it be worth the time and effort of fighting Fiat for the sake of buying Fiat recommended oil. Once out of warranty then put whatever you want in.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me the way things are these days the majority of companies will get out of paying any claims if at all possible

The slightest inconsistency with their T&C`s and that will be their get out clause, particularly in the case of a several thousand pound engine failure
    Must Get Round To Setting Up A Paypal Donate Button

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information