CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: Toilet flush tank what to use

Member Number
    Motorhome
    ih 630 RL

Toilet flush tank what to use

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Have read a lot of past threads about this and have been using pink flush fluid and got the black algae type stuff so how to get rid and stop it coming back?

Obanboy666 is offline Full Member
    Name: Steve.
    Spouse: Widower.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Pilote P650GJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adria home View Post
    Have read a lot of past threads about this and have been using pink flush fluid and got the black algae type stuff so how to get rid and stop it coming back?
    I had the same problem a year or so ago. I just flushed it out with a weak solution of domestos and water a few times then as Alf suggested started using screen wash which resolved the problem.
    I went back to using the pink flush fluid months ago and touch wood the algae hasnít returned.
    The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - its all that matters.
    Thanks Adria home thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    I don't put anything into the flush tank but clean water. After all I haven't put pretty coloured stuff in the cistern at home since the '60s.
    Last edited by antiquesam; 14-01-2019 at 13:45.
    Likes Adria home liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adria home View Post
    Hi ya,
    Even though I pretty much always have a good amount of Fresh water, I really don’t use my Flush at all, in fact it’s disconnected from the Pump completely as it use to use my Fresh water from my onboard tank to flush. This saves a HUGE amount of Fresh water & a bit of power as well, My Cassette lasts easily twice as long & find myself only needing to empty it every 12/14 days (Ok it’s easier for a single male to find alternative wee spots granted).
    All I do is put a bit of toilet paper on the side of the bowl to take the initial impact of my deposit then use my Hand spray bottle pre filled with diluted Bio washing liquid & give it a good 6 or 7 sprays around the bowl after I’ve done the deed, & one should NEVER underestimate Zombie Poo !...it’s Rank. But I get NO smell other than Freshly washed clothes blowing gently on a summers breeze while a puppy bounces after a leaf. I could take a Picture but my Arse Cam is Broke.
    Enjoy that image while you’re having your tea folks!.
    Last edited by Nesting Zombie; 14-01-2019 at 16:08.
    Thanks Pauljenny thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    High top van conversion
    Not got an option to use pink flush because the flush water comes from main tank

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1993 570ffb classic tabbert
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesting Zombie View Post
    Hi ya,
    Even though I pretty much always have a good amount of Fresh water, I really don’t use my Flush at all, in fact it’s disconnected from the Pump completely as it use to use my Fresh water from my onboard tank to flush. This saves a HUGE amount of Fresh water & a bit of power as well, My Cassette lasts easily twice as long & find myself only needing to empty it every 12/14 days (Ok it’s easier for a single male to find alternative wee spots granted).
    All I do is put a bit of toilet paper on the side of the bowl to take the initial impact of my deposit then use my Hand spray bottle pre filled with diluted Bio washing liquid & give it a good 6 or 7 sprays around the bowl after I’ve done the deed, & one should NEVER underestimate Zombie Poo !...it’s Rank. But I get NO smell other than Freshly washed clothes blowing gently on a summers breeze while a puppy bounces after a leaf. I could take a Picture but my Arse Cam is Broke.
    Enjoy that image while you’re having your tea folks!.
    It could be said you've provided way to much detail there zombie but it made me laugh, please don't fix your arse Cam cos I'll never look at a chocolate donut the same again.
    Regarding alge in the tank just add a bottle of bleach, leave for 24 hours and empty.

Thread Information