CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: Heating the water tank

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Elddis 120

Heating the water tank

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Hi all. When I was away the only problem I have with my 120 is that it has an external water tank. Whilst this is fine in most weather, when temperatures drop the water freezes. It did it in Holland and again in North Yorks. Loking for a solution, I will lag the pipes and could lag the water tank but dont feel this is a perfect solution. Then I came across this. Just wondered what you think? Not sure how much electricity id use if i was wilding. So....anyone think its a good idea. I love being out in the snow, im of in the car just now to the penines looking for grouse, but thought someone must have used these before.

YouTube
    mickwatsonphotography.com

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto sleeper nuevo
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffeecat View Post
    Hi all. When I was away the only problem I have with my 120 is that it has an external water tank. Whilst this is fine in most weather, when temperatures drop the water freezes. It did it in Holland and again in North Yorks. Loking for a solution, I will lag the pipes and could lag the water tank but dont feel this is a perfect solution. Then I came across this. Just wondered what you think? Not sure how much electricity id use if i was wilding. So....anyone think its a good idea. I love being out in the snow, im of in the car just now to the penines looking for grouse, but thought someone must have used these before.

YouTube
    . They come with the winter pack on my auto sleeper , OK on hook up but will kill the leisure battery in a few hours
    Last edited by molly 2; 02-02-2019 at 17:34.
    Likes Edina liked this post

Member Number
    What about a small pump etc to keep the water in the tank moving....
    We used to leave a tap running slowly in the outbuildings to help prevent the water freezing??

Thread Information