CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: Renault Master Batteries

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Dont ask !!!

Renault Master Batteries

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Embarrassingly we had to phone Robmac yesterday to ask and ideas where the battery was in our van 😂... finally found it under a plate in the middle of front cab ... oh yeah of course !!
    Not wanting to disturb the wire that are all connected to alarm and things it gave us very little room to menouvre that battery out but after a lot of cursing we managed it ...I thought batteries were supposed to be an easy job

Next thing to do is replace the manual primer pump I'm guessing that's what it is by the handbook ? does anyone know if this is a difficult job to do ?

The more I or we can do the better as I need to get know my way around this van.
    Rise free from care before the dawn
    and seek new adventures.....

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    The more I or we can do the better as I need to get know my way around this van.[/QUOTE]

Its easy just go in the side door and slowly work your way back groping as you go.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes Herbenny liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master (Self Built)
    What year is your van....................... mine is an 08.

As for the manual primer pump, I am baffled. I have changed the fuel filter on 'Millie' several times and have never had to manually prime it and to be honest, if there is one, I don't have the foggiest idea where it might be found.

Possibly, apart from coming over to join us on Phil's other forum Motorhome Build Home | Motorhome Builder, then another option for detail data and information would be to go onto either the Vauxhall owners forum www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk (the Movano being of course a Master) or possibly better still, join the facebook forum Renault Campers UK Groupe public Renault Campers UK | Facebook

Yes I agree with you the battery housing is more than somewhat of a tight fit!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbenny View Post
    Embarrassingly we had to phone Robmac yesterday to ask and ideas where the battery was in our van ��... finally found it under a plate in the middle of front cab ... oh yeah of course !!
    Not wanting to disturb the wire that are all connected to alarm and things it gave us very little room to menouvre that battery out but after a lot of cursing we managed it ...I thought batteries were supposed to be an easy job

Next thing to do is replace the manual primer pump I'm guessing that's what it is by the handbook ? does anyone know if this is a difficult job to do ?

The more I or we can do the better as I need to get know my way around this van.
    Hi Jac the manual fuel priming pump is just behind the fuel filter on your left as you look under the bonnet. its a black rubber bulb that you squeeze to bleed the fuel system. Forgot to add If you don't have this manual pump you will have a electric pump which is in the fuel tank.
    Last edited by helmit; 03-02-2019 at 22:08.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Dont ask !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by helmit View Post
    Hi Jac the manual fuel priming pump is just behind the fuel filter on your left as you look under the bonnet. its a black rubber bulb that you squeeze to bleed the fuel system. Forgot to add If you don't have this manual pump you will have a electric pump which is in the fuel tank.
    Hi Jim
    We seem to be having problems with this as there is constant air bubbles in it so and the fuel not going through we also think it has a leak... it's hard to tell so need to take it out and replace probably ... just not sure if it's going to be easy to do ourselves or take it in garage ?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Miami 740S with bidet
    From what you say Jac, itís not clear if you have a manual pump or an electric one.
    If you lift the bonnet, on the left hand side is the fuel filter, situated behind it (towards the bulkhead) COULD be a black rubber bulbous piece of fuel pipe, not quite as big as a tennis ball, which can be slowly squeezed to expel any air into the open fuel filter housing.
    If you donít have this, then I am out of my depth, but I would imagine that an electric pump would be more than likely to be self priming.
    Likes trevskoda, Herbenny, Millie Master liked this post
    Thanks Herbenny thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Dont ask !!!
    Thanks Rog ... it's hard to explain when I'm not quite sure what I'm talking about 🙄
    at the moment Paul is having to manually pump the squishy thing and it's hit or miss if it works
    😂That sentence came out all wrong, anyway it's going to the garage on Saturday for a once over.
    Likes Edina, RoaminRog liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbenny View Post
    Thanks Rog ... it's hard to explain when I'm not quite sure what I'm talking about ��
    at the moment Paul is having to manually pump the squishy thing and it's hit or miss if it works
    ��That sentence came out all wrong, anyway it's going to the garage on Saturday for a once over.
    Jac Sounds like the fuel is running back. On the tank side of the squishy thing in the pipe is a non return valve that is most likely the problem.
    Likes Edina, RoaminRog liked this post

Thread Information