CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removing a Thetford bench toilet. (Chicken and Egg.)

Member Number
    Motorhome
    swift

Removing a Thetford bench toilet. (Chicken and Egg.)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Afternoon folks,
    Houston we have a problem.
    We have removed the old shower tray to replace with a new one. In my innocence/naivety, i thought one out, one in......no such luck. It seems that the only way to get said tray in, is to raise the toilet bench, it has a curved bit at the front, don't think we will be able to remove it out the door., though i'm happy to be proved wrong.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated, i don't even know how to dismantle the thing yet. Why is nothing ever simple.
    Please get your thinking caps on.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkslass View Post
    Afternoon folks,
    Houston we have a problem.
    We have removed the old shower tray to replace with a new one. In my innocence/naivety, i thought one out, one in......no such luck. It seems that the only way to get said tray in, is to raise the toilet bench, it has a curved bit at the front, don't think we will be able to remove it out the door., though i'm happy to be proved wrong.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated, i don't even know how to dismantle the thing yet. Why is nothing ever simple.
    Please get your thinking caps on.
    Hi On the bench style toilet once you have cut through the sealant along the bottom and sides the toilet should just lift off of the long bracket screwed to the back wall, Easier with the cassette removed. Hope this helps Jim.
    Likes yorkslass liked this post
    Thanks yorkslass thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    As Jim said, it just lifts out but you will have to open the external cassette door and disconnect the water supply and any electrical connections (if fitted).

I had to remove parts of the units to get mine out of the bathroom, they make nowt easy on motorhomes.
    Thanks yorkslass thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    swift
    Thanks for your replies.
    Thankfully there are no electrics involved, so that should make it a bit simpler.
    Just hoping if we can move the carcass that the shower tray will slot in.
    I do wonder if they build the walls, or at least parts of them, after the bathroom is installed?
    Will keep you updated,
    Likes trixie88 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner

Member Number
    Motorhome
    HYMER ML I
    All these things are a lot easier when the sides are not in place, they put EVERYTHING in there and the sides go on followed by the back, and roof panels. They look really fuuny with everything on the floor in place cupboards, toilets, showers, sinks, worktop, bed frames , the lot. Look on Youtube for the making of a Sunlight???? motorhome and it shows them going along the line in the factory. Bit like modern cars, easy to build the engine and gearbox then put it all in place. Just try working on the damn things once the shoehorns have gone away and there is no room for anything to get in there to do something, Morris minor I could sit in there and build and engine up ,, My present Fiesta was a right job to do anything. At least they are more reliable now?? hopefully.
    Likes peter palance liked this post
    Thanks peter palance thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    swift
    Update,
    The loo was fastened in just as you said Jim, and came out with a bit of brute force, it has been attached to its frame for 19 years. Shower tray still not in cos, though it's the correct one, it's marginally bigger than the one that's been removed. Time for the hacksaw tomorrow.
    Jim, Maingate, your right about motorhomes, they are a pain in the derrier.
    Likes mariesnowgoose, peter palance liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer 584 Classic
    It sounds like sh1t job
    Likes mariesnowgoose, yorkslass liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 590RL
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkslass View Post
    Update,
    The loo was fastened in just as you said Jim, and came out with a bit of brute force, it has been attached to its frame for 19 years. Shower tray still not in cos, though it's the correct one, it's marginally bigger than the one that's been removed. Time for the hacksaw tomorrow.
    Jim, Maingate, your right about motorhomes, they are a pain in the derrier.

Anyways Sue, why change the shower tray? We don't mind if you pong a bit at a meet. Joking aside hope it all goes ok.
    would it not be better to use a little dremmel to cut the tray rather than a hacksaw?
    WestRidingofYorks

mariesnowgoose is offline Official OTW
    Name: Marie
    Spouse: She's picking on me again

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i
    Pictures of before & after.... ?
    Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    There but for the grace of God go I
    Likes yorkslass, trixie88 liked this post