CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: to have gutters or not to have gutters

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500

to have gutters or not to have gutters

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    i have been mulling this over for ages.... the gutters on my van are tiny tiny and run off basically down the back of the van round the kitchen windows and down the front of the habitation cab-bed at the front and then drip off onto the metal front the truck at either side where they hit the "trim" which is coming off here and there. The guttering has come off several times when driving down tiny lanes and under over hanging trees and been removed, recovered, re-glued to the roof edge and then come off again.

so do i need them at all ? what do others think ?

the only place it seems to matter is above the habitation door, where the remaining half of the guttering drips off onto the habitation door seal. if i leave that half of a gutter in place i do have some rubber heavy duty flexible guttering which i could put over the hab door.....

but what damage, if any, would i cause the van if i got rid of all the gutters.... ?

thanks

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by delicagirl View Post

but what damage, if any, would i cause the van if i got rid of all the gutters.... ?

thanks
    If you seal up all the holes where the old guttering has been, then having no gutters will not do any harm, apart from water trying to run down the door openings.
    Likes delicagirl liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacar
    My mates campervan leaked badly from the top of the side sliding door so I glued with Sikaflex and screwed with self tappers some cable trunking minus the top cap, it worked a treat. You can get various widths to suit. Unfortunately I can't post a link from my phone but some kind soul will probably do it for you.
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by rulers as useful.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW crafter
    I did see a van once with short pieces of 15mm water pipe just pushed over them to deflect the water away from the van, seemed to work while stationary .

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Book a ferry to africa.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1997 Lunar Road Star 570 2001 BMW 1150RS
    Quote Originally Posted by guerdeval View Post
    I did see a van once with short pieces of 15mm water pipe just pushed over them to deflect the water away from the van, seemed to work while stationary .
    We did that with our old Bessacar caravan
    Be the best that you can, without causing pain to others

Thread Information