CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ducato Sliding Door Partial Opening

Member Number

Ducato Sliding Door Partial Opening

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I'm sure I saw somewhere on one of the forums some sort of catch that could be fitted to allow the sliding door on a Ducato van to be locked partially open. Our drive slopes slightly meaning I have to lock the door fully open, it would be better if I can leave it half open. I think the catch/mechanism was on a German website but have been unable to find it.
    Ed

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Yes, we have one
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontiki View Post
    I'm sure I saw somewhere on one of the forums some sort of catch that could be fitted to allow the sliding door on a Ducato van to be locked partially open. Our drive slopes slightly meaning I have to lock the door fully open, it would be better if I can leave it half open. I think the catch/mechanism was on a German website but have been unable to find it.
    Yes, there definitely is one, not sure if it is an after fit though!
    It works via the normal handle, so probably has a cable or rods
    Tramping the Dream, Enjoying the Pot of Sunshine at the Rainbow end!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Vantage Neo
    German manufacturer called STOPSY.
    BTW a tennis ball is cheaper, pushed into lower track
    Thanks Kontiki thanked for this post

Member Number
    The one i,ve seen just bolts to the top sliding track easy fit I,ll have a look tonite when I get home

Tezza33 got the one I saw before
    Last edited by witzend; 13-03-2019 at 20:37.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer 584 Classic

Member Number
    I knew I'd seen it mentioned before but couldn't remember what it was called. Will have a look at the other ideas mentioned but looking at the Stopsy I might have a go at making something similar. Bit expensive at €34.95
    Ed

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar 636SB
    Quote Originally Posted by phase3begins View Post
    German manufacturer called STOPSY.
    BTW a tennis ball is cheaper, pushed into lower track
    Tennis ball for us, when not in use jammed between seat base and door pillar.

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontiki View Post
    I might have a go at making something similar.
    Seems straight forward enough just a couple of rails in a piece of stainless angle that presumably the door wheel sits in to hold it in place and by their contents it's just held in place with glue. let us know how you get on

Member Number
    Got bigger problems than the sliding door, got brand new van Elddis CV40. Problems with the paperwork to DVLA & van isn't registered yet so dealer drove it to my home on dealer plates. On the way back home wife had some water drip from the skylight, ok not sure where from but pointed out to the driver & agreed it needed looking at. Today still waiting for DVLA decided to get ladder out to look on roof, did take pictures but too big to post. The roof is covered in rust from the front to the back, probably most is surface rust but to me even cleaning it off would mean removing everything (skylights, solar panel, aerial etc) just to clean it off. How or where the rust came from to me is not relevant. Antway waiting for the dealer to respond to the pictures I sent telling him I am rejecting the van.
    Now not sure where that leaves me, I haven't driven the van yet but we part ex'd our Swift to buy this van. I can't drive my old van at the moment as its plated at 3.7t (can be down plated to the 3.5t) but didn't bother has I'd decided not to renew my license with the C1 category. Trying to find out what the situation is, I am willing to work with the dealer for a solution. The van is a dealer special edition & he doesn't have anymore in stock, these tend to be made in batches so not sure when they could get one. Do I have to accept my Px back? if so I'll be the first & second owner also I would have to re-plate the weight, also I have insured the new van for the year so whatever happens there is likely to be a cost.
    I like the van but not willing to take a chance that the rust might reappear sometime in the future.

Here are a couple of pics.
    20190314_094751.jpg20190314_101522.jpg20190314_101531.jpg
    Last edited by Kontiki; 14-03-2019 at 12:15.
    Ed

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar 636SB
    Looks like the sealant hasn't been applied to all the joints, the rust will have formed in the joints, reject van.
    Likes mark61 liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information