CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Lorry and maybe motorhome blind spot regulations

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholsong View Post
    Well after 7 pages we know a lot about what people think about drivers of lorries, horse riders and cyclists, but have no answer to whether more mirrors will be a legal requirement for MHs.
    You have been here long enough to know by now posts degenerate into the persecution of other road users its like groundhog day.

I agree with Grath ,having been in the motor trade I cant recall any legislation that was applied retrospective .BUT there is a first time for everything, and the set of clowns in charge at the moment be a brave man to bet one way or the tuther

Channa
    Likes Fisherman liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Sprinter

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    I thought we were chatting mirrors and blindspots ,,,,SPeed limiters read this myself Maureen the Kawasaki has just increased in value I think

Channa
    Likes mark61 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Sprinter
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    I thought we were chatting mirrors and blindspots ,,,,SPeed limiters read this myself Maureen the Kawasaki has just increased in value I think

Channa

Just posting link to article that the OP started thread with, because the link doesn't work in the original post.

Now we know what we're ment to talking about.
    Likes channa liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Sprinter
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    You have been here long enough to know by now posts degenerate into the persecution of other road users its like groundhog day.

I agree with Grath ,having been in the motor trade I cant recall any legislation that was applied retrospective .BUT there is a first time for everything, and the set of clowns in charge at the moment be a brave man to bet one way or the tuther

Channa
    Can only think of one regarding vehicles, well at least as far as MOT is concerned. Windscreen washers.
    Likes channa liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    vw t5
    Well after 7 pages we know a lot about what people think about drivers of lorries, horse riders and cyclists, but have no answer to whether more mirrors will be a legal requirement for MHs.
    About 6 years ago mot regs changed for trucks regarding n/s blind spot mirror. It involved replacing mirror glass to one with greater curvature giving larger view.
    Likes channa, mark61 liked this post
    Thanks nicholsong thanked for this post

Nabsim is offline Full Member
    Name: Nabs (Neil)
    Spouse: Caz

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Geist Phantom
    I dont know if it was a legal requirement or a company policy but I remember about 20 years ago all wagons coming in to the quarries had to get reversing cameras fitted. It was a blanket rule no matter what the age of the vehicle. It may have only been quarries I dont know but HSE/Mine & Quarries Inspectors are very keen due to high incidence of death compared to other industries back then
    Don't Worry, Be Happy

Member Number
    Motorhome
    N+B Arto 69GL(2003)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabsim View Post
    I dont know if it was a legal requirement or a company policy but I remember about 20 years ago all wagons coming in to the quarries had to get reversing cameras fitted. It was a blanket rule no matter what the age of the vehicle. It may have only been quarries I dont know but HSE/Mine & Quarries Inspectors are very keen due to high incidence of death compared to other industries back then
    Well camera helps identification for the Coroner of the victim before they were squished out of recognition.

Better to have a Banksman.

Nabsim is offline Full Member
    Name: Nabs (Neil)
    Spouse: Caz

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Geist Phantom
    Well camera helps identification for the Coroner of the victim before they were squished out of recognition.

Better to have a Banksman.
    I have been out of the quarries for 20 years now so could have changed but I dont think they did away with the banksman while I was there. I agree with you but often used to see curtain sided artics backing into a print place near where I worked without a banksman.
    Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Thanks nicholsong thanked for this post

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information