CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Reverse Monitor right hand side of dash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika EcoVip 712

New Reverse Monitor right hand side of dash

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Decided to update the reverse monitor that came with the Laika. I had it connected to the SatNav but the picture was not that good. First thing to do was find a new monitor. New 7" monitor arrived from Amazon and lasted a couple of hours before the picture went funny.

IMG_1046.jpg

Second screen arrived and this was supposed to have 2 AV Inputs. One for the SatNav and one for the rear camera. The screen that arrived was different to the one in the photograph on Amazon and the spec was different.

So searched again and all the screens seem to come from the same place they are just badged differently. They cannot even get the descriptions right or the pictures. Finally found a 9" one that look like it might work but it had 4 inputs. So it arrived today and is fitted.

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1069.jpg

There are four screws that hold the dash together so it is a nice simple job to mount the display on the right hand side of the dash. I also find it easier to see than the SatNav in the middle. The fresh air vent is a push in part with one screw underneath that you cannot see. There is room to get the vent in with something mounted above it.

IMG_1056.jpg

Two screws hold the small hole filler in place

IMG_1060.jpg
    Last edited by QFour; 08-04-2019 at 18:57.
    Likes yeoblade, Alf, watchthis, buffalowind liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 630G (X250 Maxi)
    Looks great, where did you get the SatNav signal input to the screen from?
    Swift 630G
    in the boot

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika EcoVip 712
    Blaupunkt 945 Capetown is Android Based SatNav it has the ability to output data to two external screens in the rear but can also be set to output the data that is on the screen to an external monitor so I now have a 9" sat nav. Dometic have a similar one that sells for around 1500 fitted

It is a great unit and will run Android Apps so it has a Speed Display App running that can be switched from Mph to Kph
    Likes yeoblade liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Quote Originally Posted by QFour View Post
    Blaupunkt 945 Capetown is Android Based SatNav it has the ability to output data to two external screens in the rear but can also be set to output the data that is on the screen to an external monitor so I now have a 9" sat nav. Dometic have a similar one that sells for around 1500 fitted

It is a great unit and will run Android Apps so it has a Speed Display App running that can be switched from Mph to Kph
    That's running iGo Primo as the navigation software. A slightly older version of the best satnav software in the business. The newest maps there are 2018 Q4. What version came with the satnav? Doew it include updates, or are they extra? You may be lucky enough to be able to use free map updates from the Facebook Nozatec satnav group.

Personally I find it best to have the satnav near the middle of the dash, more or less in line with the driver's vision, but to have the reversing camera screen near the driver's side door mirror, so there are fewer places to have to look at when reversing.
    Likes buffalowind liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika EcoVip 712
    Quote Originally Posted by hairydog View Post
    That's running iGo Primo as the navigation software. A slightly older version of the best satnav software in the business. The newest maps there are 2018 Q4
    All is not what it seems. The iGo software that came with the SatNav could not have the maps updated without getting the updates from iGo. This was to do with the licence etc. I tried putting the 2018 Q4 maps on but it refused to accept them as there was a licence problem. I tried loads of different licences but the licence seems to be attached to the Micro SD card that has a licence number in it. You cannot even backup the original SD Card because of it.

I have had CoPilot Truck running on the SatNav but the latest version will not run as the new one needs a later version of KitKat and its not possible to update the Blaupunkt Android Version.

What you see is iGO Israel Nextgen running with the Branding files etc. from the Blaupunkt Head Unit and it has the latest 2018 Q4 maps installed. Took some sorting but can now add maps without worrying about licence issues. Software also runs off internal memory rather than Micro SD Card.

The Speed Overlay is a separate app running in the background set to overlay the maps. It's very good as you can see it unlike the instruments on the Fiat
    Likes yeoblade, Dowel liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 630G (X250 Maxi)
    I've been trying for ages to get my iGo SD card to run on an old tablet (android asus Nexus 7) which has no SD slot.

it's running on my android in the van Ok

https://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums...2-din-android/

So can you use touch screen on the 9" monitor for satnav?
    Swift 630G
    in the boot

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika EcoVip 712
    Quote Originally Posted by yeoblade View Post
    So can you use touch screen on the 9" monitor for satnav?
    Hmmmm that would be good BUT its not a touch screen only a display and no way to get the SatNav to input from an external display.

Have you had a look at gpspower.net It's a great source of info for everything to do with iGO. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 and managed to find a version of iGO that will run. Lots of fiddling to get some of it to run and it certainly taxes the grey matter.

Last edited by QFour; 10-04-2019 at 02:17.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    swift kontiki 640

why

were you reversing for two hours?

"Decided to update the reverse monitor that came with the Laika. I had it connected to the SatNav but the picture was not that good. First thing to do was find a new monitor. New 7" monitor arrived from Amazon and lasted a couple of hours before the picture went funny."
    Likes trevskoda, QFour, buffalowind liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    I have a rev cam from china via ebay never any probs and cheap as chips
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes antiqueman liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Quote Originally Posted by QFour View Post
    What you see is iGO Israel Nextgen running with the Branding files etc. from the Blaupunkt Head Unit and it has the latest 2018 Q4 maps installed. Took some sorting
    Nextgen is far easier to install because it copes with different screen resolutions. You can also adjust the dpi settings to make things bigger on screen or smaller with more detail available, to suit your screen and your eyesight.

The live online traffic info is easy enough to get working, but I can't get online search to work any more. Does it work for you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information