CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorhome vs campervan - Better heat and cold insulation on the 1st one ?

Member Number

Motorhome vs campervan - Better heat and cold insulation on the 1st one ?

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I have seen some YouTube channels and many of them that have moved full time in their motorhomes and campervans they are staying that motorhome stays far more hot in winter and cooler during sometime because of the way that the walls are made. They are claiming that campervans as they have a full metal body is by far more affected by environmental temperature.

Are those true or they are talking nonsense?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar 636SB
    As some motorhomes have ali bodies, what do you think?
    It all comes down to how much insulation is in the walls.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    New majestic 125
    The quality of insulation may be important also. After accident damage got to have a look at what appears to be polystyrene in my motorhome, not impressed. Also I guess a motorhome has more space and air to keep warm and a larger surface area from which heat may escape.

One day, on my list of things I will never get round to, I am thinking of redesigning the van interior, primarily to improve storage, install solar, remove the oven and microwave, but having a look at the insulation may be on that list.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    A lot of heat goes out through the windscreen.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes channa liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    A lot of heat goes out through the windscreen.
    Yup and most motorhomes are based on a commercial cab which leaks heat like a sieve

I would take a caravan everytime pound for pound over a mh in winter

Channa
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    Yup and most motorhomes are based on a commercial cab which leaks heat like a sieve

I would take a caravan everytime pound for pound over a mh in winter

Channa
    Fit a large heavy curtain between cab and living space,in my case one round all side and front window,but then mine is a semi a class all alloy coach build.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    My greatest concern is heat as I might be in places that have 35 celcius or more in summertime and not be able to hook up in electricity for using an aircon.

As I have seen from vans that we have at work they become very very hot in summer time and that is the reason that I am afraid that campervans that use metal at the exterior might become hotter than a motorhome wall that uses different materials.

Only a person that owned both a motorhome and a campervan can have a better experience with both and that is the reason why I am asking.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika EcoVip 712
    We have a Laika A Class so pretty well insulated. We notice the difference more in the evening. Previous MH was a Swift and Pilote both with Fiat Cabs. No insulation to talk about in either so got cold. Ours is also good in hot weather with a couple of decent 12v fans to keep the air moving.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Carthago C-Line 4.9
    Yes it is true. Iíve had both A Class and PVC models.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Galaxy Mercedes auto
    Many of my friends here are changing there motorhomes and going over to camper vans when they convert a van they do it so it cant be changed to motorhome on the paper work by leaving some things of the requirements for registering has a motorhome, that way we can park in most of the beaches or places that have signs saying no parking for motorhomes or caravans. My brother in-law told me that last week at a council meeting that soon this summer new signs could be put up in La Azohia to stop all the motorhomes parking overnight,

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information