CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: Worrying

Member Number

Worrying

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Went to the dealers today for some minor warranty work, our camper is just over a month old with less than 400 miles on the clock. Drove there fine, turned the engine off had a chat with the guy doing the work who asked me to drive it in to the workshop. Turned the key in the ignition & nothing, no power at all in the cab, leisure side was fine. We took the cover off the battery voltage ok everything else seemed ok, disconnected the earth terminal couldn't see any issues. Reconnected the earth & everything was working ok??? We are off for a 6 week trip in a couple of weeks & I would rather find out what happened, can it be it just needed re-booting? The van is a Fiat Ducato 2.3 130BHP & in the short time we've had it has been fine, rang Fiat camper assist who couldn't offer any explanation except to call if it happens when we are on the road. Just wondered if anybody else has had a similar thing happen, concerned if it were to happen again at night time on an unlit road, have to keep a torch handy just in case.
    Ed

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Does MH have an immobiliser installed?
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.

Member Number
    Besides a handy torch, would pay to have the tools to disconnect/connect
    the battery ready as well!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontiki View Post
    Went to the dealers today for some minor warranty work, our camper is just over a month old with less than 400 miles on the clock. Drove there fine, turned the engine off had a chat with the guy doing the work who asked me to drive it in to the workshop. Turned the key in the ignition & nothing, no power at all in the cab, leisure side was fine. We took the cover off the battery voltage ok everything else seemed ok, disconnected the earth terminal couldn't see any issues. Reconnected the earth & everything was working ok??? We are off for a 6 week trip in a couple of weeks & I would rather find out what happened, can it be it just needed re-booting? The van is a Fiat Ducato 2.3 130BHP & in the short time we've had it has been fine, rang Fiat camper assist who couldn't offer any explanation except to call if it happens when we are on the road. Just wondered if anybody else has had a similar thing happen, concerned if it were to happen again at night time on an unlit road, have to keep a torch handy just in case.
    I've had 2 new ducatos which this happened to . Got started by breakdown service , everything tested ok , never happened again

Member Number
    It has the factory immobiliser & an alarm, the connections were quick release type so don't need any tools to disconnect.
    Ed

Thread Information