CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Never had this before with a new vehicle.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Fiat PVC

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Fiat instructions to converters and body builders state that the converter is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the front wheel alignment since Fiat have no control over the final condition of the vehicle after conversions and alterations that could affect the original settings. It may be that Pilots decided the check should be done or reconfirmed after the vehicle has been driven a short distance under what will be it's normal laden conditions to allow the suspension to bed in and settle.
    Likes Obanboy666 liked this post
    Thanks Obanboy666 thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Wheel tracking is not always set right at point of assy but should be looked at before handing over,i bought a car with 27 th and full service history,yep tracking miles out plus rear w bearing shot and never mind plugs as rusty as the devil himself,i trust no one when it comes to cars vans,get it looked at while you stand over them watching.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes harrow liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    09 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Swift Mondial RL
    If you don't want possible warranty problems in the future get it done by Fiat and then there can be no argument. Its a drop in the ocean compared to the price of the vehicle.
    Likes Obanboy666, trevskoda, channa liked this post

Member Number
    What rear axle is on the pilot if not Fiat OEM maybe 4 wheel alignment needed if Alko

Obanboy666 is offline Full Member
    Name: Steve.
    Spouse: Widower.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Pilote P650GJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by witzend View Post
    What rear axle is on the pilot if not Fiat OEM maybe 4 wheel alignment needed if Alko
    Fiat OEM.
    The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - its all that matters.
    Likes witzend liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Fazerloz View Post
    If you don't want possible warranty problems in the future get it done by Fiat and then there can be no argument. Its a drop in the ocean compared to the price of the vehicle.
    exactly. furthermore when vehicles have all theor checks often claims are looked at favourably whne out of warranty especially Fiat

Channa

Obanboy666 is offline Full Member
    Name: Steve.
    Spouse: Widower.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Pilote P650GJ.
    Well called a local garage and he said just call in and he would check things out. No charge unless adjustment required and he will give me paperwork to confirm it has been checked.
    The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - its all that matters.
    Likes molly 2, Fazerloz liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bavaria
    Quote Originally Posted by Obanboy666 View Post
    Browsing the documents relating to my new Pilote c class and came across something Iíve never seen before.
    The Pilote habitation documentation states I must get the wheel alignment checked after 900 miles. Never had this before with either the numerous new cars Iíve bought or the new Swift c class I bought in 2013, as it happens Iíve done 1300 miles.
    Vehicle drives spot on, no vibration or wandering and tyre wear looks fine. I called my local fiat professional dealership and speaking to the service department he said heíd never heard of this one before. Now debating whether to bother or not, anyone else had similar with a motorhome ?
    I recommend you get it done. I bought a new Pilote A class in2015. Same thing, told by dealer to get a 900 mile wheel track for warranty purposes. The garage I took it to told me they had never heard of this before. However when they checked The tracking they said it was way out and needed adjusting. Vehicle handled ok so I would neve have known until tyres shown uneven wear
    Thanks Obanboy666 thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Carthago Chic C-Line 4.9
    Nothing in the Fiat documentation about it, I reckon as Harrow stated itís Pilote covering their bottoms lol. Regarding wheel nut torques, I checked at 100 miles then again at 500 miles. Iíll check them again before heading out this weekend.
    Iím not going to bother with getting the alignment checked and will just keep a check on tyre wear etc which I do anyway.
    That would be my view also.

Member Number
    Browsing the documents relating to my new Pilote c class and came across something I’ve never seen before.
    The Pilote habitation documentation states I must get the wheel alignment checked after 900 miles. Never had this before with either the numerous new cars I’ve bought or the new Swift c class I bought in 2013, as it happens I’ve done 1300 miles.
    Vehicle drives spot on, no vibration or wandering and tyre wear looks fine. I called my local fiat professional dealership and speaking to the service department he said he’d never heard of this one before. Now debating whether to bother or not, anyone else had similar with a motorhome ?
    I think there is a case that if Pilote want the wheel alignment checked so soon then Pilote should pay for it.

Every time you have the tracking checked the garage will say it need adjusting and it is very important that the track rods are set to an equal length for each side otherwise the steering wheel moves off centre.

Others may disagree but I speak from personal experience.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information