CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Never had this before with a new vehicle.

Obanboy666 is offline Full Member
    Name: Steve.
    Spouse: Widower.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Pilote P650GJ.

Never had this before with a new vehicle.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Browsing the documents relating to my new Pilote c class and came across something Iíve never seen before.
    The Pilote habitation documentation states I must get the wheel alignment checked after 900 miles. Never had this before with either the numerous new cars Iíve bought or the new Swift c class I bought in 2013, as it happens Iíve done 1300 miles.
    Vehicle drives spot on, no vibration or wandering and tyre wear looks fine. I called my local fiat professional dealership and speaking to the service department he said heíd never heard of this one before. Now debating whether to bother or not, anyone else had similar with a motorhome ?
    The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - its all that matters.

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by Obanboy666 View Post
    Browsing the documents relating to my new Pilote c class and came across something Iíve never seen before.
    The Pilote habitation documentation states I must get the wheel alignment checked after 900 miles. Never had this before with either the numerous new cars Iíve bought or the new Swift c class I bought in 2013, as it happens Iíve done 1300 miles.
    Vehicle drives spot on, no vibration or wandering and tyre wear looks fine. I called my local fiat professional dealership and speaking to the service department he said heíd never heard of this one before. Now debating whether to bother or not, anyone else had similar with a motorhome ?
    Covering their bottoms.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson 510 welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by Obanboy666 View Post
    Browsing the documents relating to my new Pilote c class and came across something I’ve never seen before.
    The Pilote habitation documentation states I must get the wheel alignment checked after 900 miles. Never had this before with either the numerous new cars I’ve bought or the new Swift c class I bought in 2013, as it happens I’ve done 1300 miles.
    Vehicle drives spot on, no vibration or wandering and tyre wear looks fine. I called my local fiat professional dealership and speaking to the service department he said he’d never heard of this one before. Now debating whether to bother or not, anyone else had similar with a motorhome ?
    Surely this comes under the remit of fiat and not the converter.
    You should check the torque on your wheelnuts about that time, but I have never heard of your tracking requiring attention. My new van has a Ducato base and roller team nor fiat have not made this a requirement.
    Hope you are enjoying your new pilote.
    If we all agreed there would be no discussion, and it would be a dull boring world.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Landrover110 CSW / Bucher Duro 6x6
    Might be down to a Motorhome always being loaded near maximum , and the suspension settling so possibly affecting steering geometry . Or as previous post covering their backside if claim for heavy tyre wear !

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto sleeper nuevo
    Having the track checked is a quick and simple job . as the suspension settles the ride height of the vehicle can drop slightly .this can have an adverse effect on the front wheel alignment . ..
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Pilote P650GJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    Surely this comes under the remit of fiat and not the converter.
    You should check the torque on your wheelnuts about that time, but I have never heard of your tracking requiring attention. My new van has a Ducato base and roller team nor fiat have not made this a requirement.
    Hope you are enjoying your new pilote.
    Nothing in the Fiat documentation about it, I reckon as Harrow stated itís Pilote covering their bottoms lol. Regarding wheel nut torques, I checked at 100 miles then again at 500 miles. Iíll check them again before heading out this weekend.
    Iím not going to bother with getting the alignment checked and will just keep a check on tyre wear etc which I do anyway.
    The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - its all that matters.

Wooie1958 is offline Cupid Stunt
    Name: Hey You
    Spouse: Yes M`Lady

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    Can`t work what wheel alignment has to do with the habitation side of a motorhome
    Trust No One

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Pilote P650GJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooie1958 View Post
    Can`t work what wheel alignment has to do with the habitation side of a motorhome
    My thoughts exactly unless Pilote do something with the suspension etc that Iím not aware of.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Suntor 590 RS
    Get it done (pointless or not) and keep the receipt. If you don't, you may be invalidating your warranty.
    Likes channa, mickymost liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Pilote P650GJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyR View Post
    Get it done (pointless or not) and keep the receipt. If you don't, you may be invalidating your warranty.
    Good point about the warranty, going to book it in for later this week.
    Likes mickymost liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information