CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Europe adventure, loads of questions

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hobby Van Exclusive

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by SabineSmeraldo View Post
    Thanks, I sent them an email and they replied they only accept campervans anyway, not converted vans. Do you think France Passion would work with a converted van?
    We're only going to be in the north of Italy, our dog is a former Cyprus street dog so maybe they'd even get along

Any recommendations about the Dolomites? In Germany we're only going to be in the south, east and north (I am from the east).

Thank you!
    Last year, I did a brief tour of a few France Passion locations in company with a Belgian woman with a red - from memory Renault - van conversion. No problems. Travelling solo, she regularly uses France Passion regarding it as safer than wild camping, though she does do a bit of that as well. Just order your guide, windscreen sticker and membership card in plenty of time.

Tom

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Ford Transit
    Quote Originally Posted by TJBi View Post
    Yes, as suggested above, France Passion has some excellent locations. The WildCamping database also has some superb wilding locations in France as well as a range of aires. For a comprehensive range of aires, CAMPINGCAR-INFOS is very good.

If you have a Mk.7 Transit, hope that you've at least done the lock upgrade and protected the OBD port (or that they had been done by a previous owner).

Tom
    Do you think deadlocks are definitely necessary? Not sure about the OBD port, will ask the mechanic in chief Before us it belonged to the AA so maybe they would've done that?
    The French passion website says "They are reserved exclusively for France Passion members driving a selfcontained motorhome (water, waste, rubbish)" :/

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Ford Transit
    Quote Originally Posted by TJBi View Post
    Last year, I did a brief tour of a few France Passion locations in company with a Belgian woman with a red - from memory Renault - van conversion. No problems. Travelling solo, she regularly uses France Passion regarding it as safer than wild camping, though she does do a bit of that as well. Just order your guide, windscreen sticker and membership card in plenty of time.

Tom
    I am sending them an email, how did you solve the toilet and shower problem when you travelled in the converted van?

Thanks

Sabine

Update: They said only self sufficient vans are allowed.
    Last edited by SabineSmeraldo; 19-05-2017 at 14:17.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleper Nuevo ES
    Welcome ...

& if you need the odd night on a site... google "archies campings" -> offers 10s of '000's of POIs for every sat nat for just about every country in Europe.
    If at 1st you don't succeed ... skydiving probably isn't for you

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hobby Van Exclusive
    I am sending them an email, how did you solve the toilet and shower problem when you travelled in the converted van?

Thanks

Sabine

Update: They said only self sufficient vans are allowed.
    I didn't travel in the converted van; she did. She had a toilet on board. I am not aware of any requirement for on-board showers.

Tom

Member Number
    Motorhome
    fiat ducato silver wanderer
    Hi
    Last edited by Jays; 20-05-2017 at 07:49.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner Aviano
    France Passion as Br it Stops very rarely offer any facilities - just parking for the night. You will need to find Aires etc to dump grey or black waste and top up with water.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hobby Van Exclusive
    Do you think deadlocks are definitely necessary? Not sure about the OBD port, will ask the mechanic in chief Before us it belonged to the AA so maybe they would've done that?
    The French passion website says "They are reserved exclusively for France Passion members driving a selfcontained motorhome (water, waste, rubbish)" :/
    If it's RHD with lock on driver's side only, you don't need deadlocks, but can go for a replacement cylinder (Hykee). Is it definitely necessary? See all the forum threads about stolen Mk7 Transit-based motorhomes and (on other types of forum) Transit vans more generally, as well as theft of tools from Transit vans operated by a wide range of workmen. If you're happy for people to be able to achieve quick and easy access to the interior of your van using a relatively cheap and easily obtainable lock pick, don't bother upgrading from the standard Tibbe lock.

Tom

Member Number
    Motorhome
    swift
    Hi,

Member Number
    Maybe we can tip each other off if we find any good places
    Will do,hope Wifi is up to it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information