Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Europe adventure, loads of questions

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Ford Transit

Europe adventure, loads of questions

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Hi there,

we are Sabine and Alan, currently living in the Scottish Highlands.
    We have bought a very nice bright yellow Ford Transit and are converting it for our upcoming travels around Europe starting in mid June.
    We will go from the Highlands through England to France, Italy, Austria, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium and back.

I have already found a lot of great information on here but if anyone has got suggestions for places we must see or great overnight parking,
    please let me know We have got a nervous dog so anywhere not too busy would be perfect.

Currently I am trying to find a good (free) overnight parking spot anywhere on the way from the Lake district to Folkestone.
    Also I was looking at an Italian organisation called Fattore Amico (a network of farmers offering free overnight stays), has anyone got experience with this?

Thank you very much in advance, I am very happy I found this forum

Sabine

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar Campscout Revolution
    Hi and welcome along, become a full member and gain access to 1000s of locations both here and in Europe.

Member Number
    We are doing it in reverse(country wise,not gear wise)

Member Number
    Motorhome
    fiat ducato autostratus
    Hi and

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Ford Transit
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff G View Post
    We are doing it in reverse(country wise,not gear wise)
    Maybe we can tip each other off if we find any good places

The laird is online now Full Member
    Name: Gordon
    Spouse: Fonky fi

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer b544 and luv it
    Hi welcome and enjoy ,would have to agree with Phil regarding membership especially the journey you intend to cover,
    You will also find other benefits through Full membership also

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Sonic Supreme
    Do not bother with Factoria amicale in our opinion. We had it two years ago and tried to use it a couple of times. In both cases the farmhands / staff did not know anything about it. And we had to move on. Very different to the France passion which we use extensively.
    Also be aware if you head a long way down in Italy, he will come across lots of wild dogs.
    We particularly like the Moselle Valley, the Black Forest, and the Dolomites.
    Enjoy your travels.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Old bus
    Hi and welcome aboard,
    Keep us updated during your travels and, as some have mentioned, lots of stop-overs on the POIs.
    I wanna go fishin!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hobby Van Exclusive
    Yes, as suggested above, France Passion has some excellent locations. The WildCamping database also has some superb wilding locations in France as well as a range of aires. For a comprehensive range of aires, CAMPINGCAR-INFOS is very good.

If you have a Mk.7 Transit, hope that you've at least done the lock upgrade and protected the OBD port (or that they had been done by a previous owner).

Tom

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Ford Transit
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunegapyears View Post
    Do not bother with Factoria amicale in our opinion. We had it two years ago and tried to use it a couple of times. In both cases the farmhands / staff did not know anything about it. And we had to move on. Very different to the France passion which we use extensively.
    Also be aware if you head a long way down in Italy, he will come across lots of wild dogs.
    We particularly like the Moselle Valley, the Black Forest, and the Dolomites.
    Enjoy your travels.
    Thanks, I sent them an email and they replied they only accept campervans anyway, not converted vans. Do you think France Passion would work with a converted van?
    We're only going to be in the north of Italy, our dog is a former Cyprus street dog so maybe they'd even get along

Any recommendations about the Dolomites? In Germany we're only going to be in the south, east and north (I am from the east).

Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information