CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Delica JB500 camper new member

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1993 Delica JB500 camper

Mitsubishi Delica JB500 camper new member

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I've been eyeing these for years and never picked one up for some reason. I know there's a few floating around (delicagirl?) and sparse information on the net, so I'm going to do a thread specifically on the JB500 in it's stock form for maintenance/specs and then I'll be modifying it with the usual suspension lift, 33" tires, some cutting/mods to the camper box and front/rear bumpers to make it into a mini camper similar to a domestic slide in camper/truck but more compact with better use of space and footprint.

A few fun facts considering it's over 20 years old.

The campershell is factory built specific to the L200 4x4 4D46 Mitsubishi truck.. which is almost identical to the normal JDM L300 running gear/engine that I'm familiar with. The difference lies in the ladder truck frame vs monocoque van body.

GVW is not much more than a standard 90's JDM L300 which was surprising considering the size difference, but then it makes sense as it's on a stripped down ladder frame truck chassis.

Interior has propane stove, 3 way 12v/120v/propane(LPG) fridge, forced air furnace, water heater and an electric 12v radiant heater.

Full shower/sink & toilet w external removable cassette.

The windows are double glazed acrylic that are used in modern european/domestic and RV campers to eliminate condensation on windows and has manual blackout blinds.

Sleeps 4 adults. 2 full double beds.

Arrives in a few weeks and will start the mods right off the bat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes dane, Alf, Byronic, Herman liked this post
    Thanks Alf thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar Campscout Revolution
    Hi and welcome along to the site. Lovely van with all the features in a compact size great.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido
    deliica girl has one simalar to this
    photos are up in members chat from orkney

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    YEA !!!!!!! Lovely !!! this is identical to mind in almost every respect - except i have a small round window in the bathroom with a sliding opening vent, and i have different upholstery.

They are VERY unusual and i have only ever met 2 other owners in the UK and one of those was exported. There is another WC member who bought one a couple of years ago but he has stopped posting.

I knew nothing about vans when i bought mine and it has been a really steep learning curve as no manual is available anywhere. I was in contact with Mitsubishi japan last year to discuss weights and they were helpful. Also this community gave me massive help to understand and repair mine.

So if there is anything at all i can assist with - do get in touch. I would be delighted to help/share my knowledge.

There is an Mitsuibishi owners forum and there is the odd thread on their about our vans Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club - Free to join delica l300 and l400 owners community

i love my van and have done a huge mileage in it and only use campsites rarely. Owning it has changed my life - and my bank balance!!

Yours has ""forced air furnace, water heater and an electric 12v radiant heater." - tell me about the forced air furnace and the radiant heater as i dont have those.

good luck
    Last edited by delicagirl; 09-10-2017 at 08:20.
    Likes carol, Alf, jessef liked this post
    Thanks Alf, jessef thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Concorde charisma
    Quote Originally Posted by delicagirl View Post
    YEA !!!!!!! Lovely !!! this is identical to mind in almost every respect - except i have a small round window in the bathroom with a sliding opening vent, and i have different upholstery.

They are VERY unusual and i have only ever met 2 other owners in the UK and one of those was exported. There is another WC member who bought one a couple of years ago but he has stopped posting.

I knew nothing about vans when i bought mine and it has been a really steep learning curve as no manual is available anywhere. I was in contact with Mitsubishi japan last year to discuss weights and they were helpful. Also this community gave me massive help to understand and repair mine.

So if there is anything at all i can assist with - do get in touch. I would be delighted to help/share my knowledge.

There is an Mitsuibishi owners forum and there is the odd thread on their about our vans Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club - Free to join delica l300 and l400 owners community

i love my van and have done a huge mileage in it and only use campsites rarely. Owning it has changed my life - and my bank balance!!

Yours has ""forced air furnace, water heater and an electric 12v radiant heater." - tell me about the forced air furnace and the radiant heater as i dont have those.

good luck
    Delicious you forgot to mention the pink interior and the good looking gal driving it
    Likes delicagirl, Alf liked this post
    Thanks delicagirl thanked for this post

The laird is online now Full Member
    Name: Gordon
    Spouse: Fonky fi

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer b544 and luv it
    Hi welcome and enjoy
    Likes jessef liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by andyjanet View Post
    Delicious you forgot to mention the pink interior and the good looking gal driving it
    You spot on there as iv had her on my sofa.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes delicagirl, Alf liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    You spot on there as iv had her on my sofa.
    naughty boys !!!

I do indeed have a pink all-girlie interior to my van... - but Trev's gorgeous lady was on the other end of the sofa i was sat on whilst Trev and i were chewing the fat for a good few hours !! i know the Irish can TALK (i am half irish) but i reckon Trevskoda would win an award for it.... xx

Andyjanet - thank you .... i took the van to my local garage this week who diagnosed that its loss of power was due to a tired accelerator cable.... (phew!!!!) which they are going to deal with tomorrow.... and the French transmission repair seems to have been a success - so overall i am very relieved.
    Likes andyjanet, trevskoda, Alf, harrow, jessef liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    fiat ducato autostratus
    Hi and
    Likes jessef liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by delicagirl View Post
    naughty boys !!!

I do indeed have a pink all-girlie interior to my van... - but Trev's gorgeous lady was on the other end of the sofa i was sat on whilst Trev and i were chewing the fat for a good few hours !! i know the Irish can TALK (i am half irish) but i reckon Trevskoda would win an award for it.... xx

Andyjanet - thank you .... i took the van to my local garage this week who diagnosed that its loss of power was due to a tired accelerator cable.... (phew!!!!) which they are going to deal with tomorrow.... and the French transmission repair seems to have been a success - so overall i am very relieved.
    Your good for a chat & educated one at that me las.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes Alf liked this post

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information