CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello new to this

Member Number

Hello new to this

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Hello everyone.We brought our motorhome as we hope to retire in a couple of years. We brought it 6 months ago, spent the summer going out in it round East Anglia and had a couple of weeks in Devon. We now want to go to France for two weeks at the end of June beginning of July. Would be grateful for any advice, not even sure where to go in France, was thinking Alsace region, any advice would be very welcome. Think this might be the first of many posts! Regards Viv

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Keep your eye in here as lots of helpful fold who have been to all four corners of the globe,me i cannot get of this we island of ours,welcome from co antrim n/ireland.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Only dirty people wash

The laird is online now Full Member
    Name: Gordon
    Spouse: Fonky fi

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer b544 and luv it
    Hi welcome and enjoy

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar Campscout Revolution
    Hi and welcome along, any part of France is good.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    swift
    Hi,

Pauljenny is offline Failed jackpot winner
    Name: Where's Me- Wallet
    Spouse: Long suffering

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Indigo
    Welcome.

We have been on here since 2013.
    It's invaluable , full of information, ideas and support .
    It's not where you live... It's HOW you live..

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B584

First trip to France

Quote Originally Posted by Coopersus3 View Post
    Hello everyone.We brought our motorhome as we hope to retire in a couple of years. We brought it 6 months ago, spent the summer going out in it round East Anglia and had a couple of weeks in Devon. We now want to go to France for two weeks at the end of June beginning of July. Would be grateful for any advice, not even sure where to go in France, was thinking Alsace region, any advice would be very welcome. Think this might be the first of many posts! Regards Viv
    I'm just a guest, for now, but would suggest if this your first continental journey to read advice given by say RAC for legal requirements and other camping and caravanning clubs for this and general advice, I'm sure this club should be your starting point. Also, some motorhome insurance companies e.g. Comfort offer good information. You should consider being a full member here for free stop over POI's or Aires listings see link below. We mix staying at Aires with camp sites. And friends!
    Vicarious Media - Motorhome Aires and Stopovers

It is so much a good experience travelling in France where the motorhome is better catered for. We recently visited making our way to Lyon then onto Lake Annece returning via Reims (and places in between) where we stayed pretty much near the centre in the grounds of a youth hostel association (!). All the best, just do it. Hymer Grumps

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Dakota 2007
    This thread is a mine of information:

A Few Tips For Your First French Trip
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hobby Van Exclusive
    Quote Originally Posted by Coopersus3 View Post

As has already been said, the WildCamping POIs include some superb locations in France.
    CAMPINGCAR-INFOS is an excellent free resource, with a database of aires in France (and other countries). They also have an Android app that can be used offline (but does require payment of a subscription).

Wherever you go in France, it is well worth exploring the "plus beaux villages": Les plus beaux villages de France - Site officiel

The main thing is not to try to do too much; generally keep distances short and keep an eye on the weather forecasts. I go for more extended periods and use CLIMAT %%% par Meteo-France - Normales et releves sur la France metropolitaine to develop an initial general plan according to time of year, but ultimately am guided by PREVISIONS METEO FRANCE - Site Officiel de Meteo-France - Previsions gratuites a 15 jours sur la France et a 10 jours sur le monde while away.

Alsace is a lovely region, but the climate data does suggest that in June/July it may be somewhat wetter than other regions. My location in the UK means that I find it attractive to use central Channel ferry routes, meaning that the western regions with lower rainfall at that time of year are within easy reach.

Member Number
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information