Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello all

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mercedes V230 Camper Conversion

Hello all

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Hi,

I have just joined the forum after a time lurking and reading as many posts as possible and I wanted say hello.

I am about to make some big changes in my life. On Thursday I am quitting my job in IT which I now loathe after being transferred to a different employer last year.

I'm 55 this year, long divorced, and apart from my dog Molly, I have very few responsibilities. So I am taking a few months off whilst I decide on a plan for the next few years of my life. At the top of the plan list is the idea of fulltiming in a motorhome, something I've always fancied doing but thought I would never get the chance. As with many people, I am sick of the rat race and primarily working for a living so I'm considering renting or selling my house to finance my life for a few years. I have some financial safety nets in place now and in the future so selling my house won't leave me without a base so it's really a case of deciding the best way forward.

I currently own a Mercedes V230 camper conversion which is way too small for fulltiming so I'm still trying to decide on a vehicle if I do choose to go for it along with many other decisions and choices that will have to be made in the next few months too.

Reading the many posts on here has been really useful in research terms, sometimes highlighting things I hadn't considered or had a different viewpoint on, so I'd like to say thanks to you all too.

The laird is online now Full Member
    Name: Gordon
    Spouse: Fonky fi

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer Travelvan 2*2 572
    Hi welcome and enjoy,great that you seem positive in what you want to do ,think fulltiming means bigger van thatís for sure

Member Number
    Motorhome
    swift
    Hi,

I hope all your future decisions are the right ones for you. Good luck and keep us updated.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 140 💫
    Hello Andy and welcome to the forum
    Sounds like there are some huge changes coming up for you and I wish you all the best in your new life. You won't regret quitting your job and swapping it for a life of exploring, that's for sure. I'm officially retired now but I also quit an IT job at the same age as you and didn't miss it for a second! Let us all know how you get on.

Deleted user 21925 Guest
    Welcome along from another ex It worker who also now loathes it.

Best thing I ever did was volunteer for redundancy.
    Likes Minisorella liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Only a memory
    Welcome.. Good luck, Andy.
    You've already made a smart move,joining us here.
    I wish we'd been able to, when we started out in 1999.. We were in our mid- 50s, too.

Make your membership earn it's fees, by reading through all the forums on the practicalities of motorhoming and the extra complications of full timing. You'll be well rewarded for the effort.
    Don't be too ambitious, at first... You're on a marathon, not a sprint.
    Ask as many questions on here, as you want.
    Keep us posted on your progress
    It's not where you live... It's HOW you live..

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Carthago Chic C-Line 4.9
    Hi and welcome along to the site, hope the van search goes well.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Merc sprinter elwb van still to convert
    Hi welcome and enjoy, the NEC Birmingham show is on next month, great choice to look at, if you can go during the week, you get less people on campers and more time to look and try the different set ups, someone on the sit was hiring to find out what was right for them and sure thay were on third hire, great idea,

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Thank you for all the encouraging and positive replies.

Well, it's done, my 4 week notice is in and I leave my job at the end of Feb. This is it, it all starts here..........

Member Number
    Motorhome

The first day of the rest of my life.

This is it, the first day of my plan. I left my job yesterday so it's going get real from now on. Here goes....................
    Likes Adamanteus, RoadTrek Boy liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information