CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Hello and welcome aboard, Christine & Craig
    Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    There but for the grace of God go I

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Pilote Galaxy 40
    Hi and welcome.
    Hears your first bit of advice, when choosing a motorhome, choose it for yourselves first and family second.
    Have a great time looking for your van and don't worry about asking questions.
    I can't help with Studland but hopefully someone will be along to help soon.
    You can't be lost if you don't know where you're going.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    New majestic 125
    Hi, Due to caring responsibilities am unable to get out as much this year, and I miss it, stumbling across places you would never otherwise visit is my favourite thing. On the van, I value storage space over an oven or microwave, which has so far only been used as a bread bin. The only other thing is the ability to have a permanent bed. Its good that the missus can sleep in and I can move about, also not having to make the bed every day is good for scruffy types like me. You can also use the bed to park stuff out of the way or spread an OS map out on. The van is based on the Eldis 125 not too large and under the bed at the back is a storage area accessible from outside which I also like.
    I picked the van at the Birmingham show, it was good to compare the range of vans available on the same day, once we had worked out some must haves and priorities to narrow things down a bit.
    Good Luck

Member Number
    Well, thank you all for your kind welcomes. Colin, the H may well be revealed. We actually ran out of spaces.

Christine and Craig.

Ps. The H isn't very interesting really.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Miami 740S with bidet
    The choice of van is VERY personal, but everything in the van is at the expense of something else.
    In other words, you must decide exactly what is important to YOU.
    Do you need a microwave or more storage, do you prefer a fixed bed or are you happy to use the sofas, do you have any children to consider, how independent do you want to be, are you prepared to fit solar panels for electricity or are you happy to plug into the mains at a campsite.
    There are literally thousands of options available to you, so donít go buying the first van you see. Take your time, maybe come along to a Meet, if there is one near you, and most people are happy to discuss their vans and show you round, with maybe a coffee as well!
    Or go along to the Motorhome Show at the NEC and wander in and out of hundreds of different shapes, sizes and design options, under one roof.
    The world is your oyster, take your time, enjoy choosing and most of all........ have fun!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Merc sprinter xlwb van still to convert
    Hi welcome and enjoy

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Gazelle
    Hi and

linkshouse is offline Westray Digital Art
    Name: Phill
    Spouse: Marlene

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer
    You'll find loads of useful and entertaining information here. There are occasional spats but that's all part of the entertainment!

I'm sure you will love motorhoming and wild camping in particular.

The POI map on the website is great but definitely get the app onto whatever device you use, it is the business. Then use Google Earth to further explore the areas that you're interested in.

Phill
    Travel Blog - travelsinforrest.uk

Member Number
    Motorhome
    fiat-ducato ci carioca 694

welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Sugartits and H View Post
    Hello all,

Well, we've joined this site and we haven't even bought our camper yet. Actually, we haven't even spent a night in one, although this will change in early June when we rent our first van and head towards Studland bay then beyond. Any suggestions for places to park would be gratefully received.

You may have guessed, we're complete novices, total campervan virgins. But neither of us have been so excited about a new adventure as we are about this one. We're going to buy our van, probably this summer, but we have so much to learn, this is where you guys (hopefully) come in. We're going to comb these threads first, then start a "Stupid Question" thread in the hope that you will take pity on a pair of eejits and help out. For example, we haven't a clue what the difference is between a 2 or 3 way fridge, You get our drift?

Still reading? I'll go to the foot of our stairs! Maybe we could become friends.

Kindest regards,

Christine and Craig
    welcome to the house of fun, ok pj

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1998 LHD Fiat Ducato 2.5 TDi CAT - Hobby 650 FSE

Change your name

Quote Originally Posted by Sugartits and H View Post
    Well, thank you all for your kind welcomes. Colin, the H may well be revealed. We actually ran out of spaces.

Christine and Craig.

Ps. The H isn't very interesting really.
    Get rid of it and the "and" - leaves a much more interesting Title. Better than Man boobs - hee hee.
    Live Life, Enjoy Life, Have Fun, You only have one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information