CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2141 of 2304 FirstFirst ... 1141164120412091213121392140214121422143215121912241 ... LastLast
Results 21,401 to 21,410 of 23037

Thread: whos awake

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Robmac View Post
    I yearn for the days pre H&S Jenny. My childhood was full of situations which would be frowned upon today. As a 6 year old, long bike rides out in the country, camping in the local woods, weekend fishing trips with my friends rather than parents, rafts on the river etc. etc. Oh well, all gone now, but I wish my grandkids could experience stuff like that.

By the way, I keep varying the way I spell your name! is it 'y' or 'ie', me memory ain't what it used to be!
    We used to put a sandwich and bottle of orange squash in our little saddle bags and ride up onto the North Downs until our legs gave up! Then we'd leave the bikes and walk for ages, ducking under those single wire electric fences to stroke the cows and horses. Always home in time for tea... heaven knows how!

It doesn't bother me how you spell it but it's Jennie with ie - honestly don't remember why - unless someone was cross with me, then it was Jennifer!
    Likes - Robmac, Edina, Haaamster, jeanette liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minisorella View Post
    We used to put a sandwich and bottle of orange squash in our little saddle bags and ride up onto the North Downs until our legs gave up! Then we'd leave the bikes and walk for ages, ducking under those single wire electric fences to stroke the cows and horses. Always home in time for tea... heaven knows how!

It doesn't bother me how you spell it but it's Jennie with ie - honestly don't remember why - unless someone was cross with me, then it was Jennifer!
    It was lashings of Ginger Beer for me Jennie.

Yes I did read The Famous Five! Although my early life (and later come to think of it) was mainly influenced by Tom Sawyer, and Swallows and Amazons.

Does it show!
    Adventure before...... something or other.
    Likes - Edina, Minisorella, jeanette liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    it's not H&S, it's the tabloids using fear to sell their rags, add the fact that most mothers have a car to take their kids to school and back home where they can be further insulated from the real world, sitting in their warm rooms with their electronic portals to another dimension.....oooh don't get me started - i don't think my parents knew who us kids were sometimes, turning up late at night, filthy and exhausted, quick raid of the larder and off to kip

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by n brown View Post
    it's not H&S, it's the tabloids using fear to sell their rags, add the fact that most mothers have a car to take their kids to school and back home where they can be further insulated from the real world, sitting in their warm rooms with their electronic portals to another dimension.....oooh don't get me started - i don't think my parents knew who us kids were sometimes, turning up late at night, filthy and exhausted, quick raid of the larder and off to kip
    Quite right Nigel, it's not H&S, but it sounded good for a whinge!

Yep, all the same dangers were around when we were kids, (less traffic I suppose) but we were naive enough not to fear it, and it wasn't reported enough for our parents to worry about it too much.

Laws have changed a lot though, mainly for revenue. If a kid was to build a raft and sail it down the river now, they would probably want them to have a river license, boat safety certificate and insurance.
    Likes - Edina, jeanette liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Morning everyone it's still blowing a hoolie here and nieghbours have propped fence up for now,I've picked up all the papers tins and whatever else has blown in the garden, other nieghbour said a few tiles have lifted from her roof, and windows are rattling away and I have to go out to the doctors soon,Mmm not looking forward to that!! Well whatever your all doing have a good one and stay safe out there.
    Likes - Robmac, yorkslass liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Wind's just starting to blow here now too.

Although it is quite cold, I did just see a Bee blow past outside!

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minisorella View Post
    ........... - unless someone was cross with me, then it was Jennifer!
    The landlady in my local does that Jennie.

Well, she doesn't call me Jennifer! But if I swear or get out of order in any way, she looks over the top of her glasses and snaps "Robert!"
    Likes - Minisorella, jeanette liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robmac View Post
    It was lashings of Ginger Beer for me Jennie.

Yes I did read The Famous Five! Although my early life (and later come to think of it) was mainly influenced by Tom Sawyer, and Swallows and Amazons.

Does it show!
    Don't get the Amazon reverence with you Rob but you sure do Swallow a lot of beer
    Likes - carol, Robmac, Minisorella, jeanette liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Haaamster View Post
    Don't get the Amazon reverence with you Rob but you sure do Swallow a lot of beer
    One does one's best Paul.

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Evening all hope the wind hasn't done too much damage. Annie did you get to the opticians? Our three practically lived in the fell where we live out first thing in the morning with sandwiches and the obligatory bottle of pop and as you say Jennie back home for tea time no phones no electronic gadgets,
    Likes - Minisorella liked this post

Thread Information