CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3141 of 3147 FirstFirst ... 2141264130413091313131393140314131423143 ... LastLast
Results 31,401 to 31,410 of 31463

Thread: whos awake

Wooie1958 is offline Cupid Stunt
    Name: Hey You
    Spouse: Yes M`Lady

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Lots and lots and lots of Gilets Jaunes on all the junctions and roundabouts on the trip to Grandvilliers today.

Something big is about to happen according to the French motorhomer at the side of us on this aire

Stay safe anyone over here in France.
    Trust No One
    Thanks The laird thanked for this post

The laird is offline Full Member
    Name: Gordon
    Spouse: Fonky fi

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer Travelvan 2*2 572
    You ainít having much luck matey
    Hope things get better and no hassle for you folks there

Wooie1958 is offline Cupid Stunt
    Name: Hey You
    Spouse: Yes M`Lady

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    At Grandvilliers now and it was apocalyptic rain about an hour or so back.

Now glorious sunshine and blue skies however ........... more horrible black and purple clouds are heading our way.

We'll be glad to get home as we are seriously pissed off with this god damned awful weather.
    Trust No One

Member Number
    Motorhome
    swift
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooie1958 View Post
    At Grandvilliers now and it was apocalyptic rain about an hour or so back.

Now glorious sunshine and blue skies however ........... more horrible black and purple clouds are heading our way.

We'll be glad to get home as we are seriously pissed off with this god damned awful weather.
    The weather is just as bad here, heavy showers and drizzle in between. Only consolation is we havn't been flooded, if that happens we will need Noahs Ark.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Gazelle
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkslass View Post
    You must have more patience than me, I'm afraid my feet would have been rooted in the shop till I had my eye test.......and remained standing outside specsavers staring in until they aknowiedged me,

Our opticians just closed without warning or explanation we found out on FB but Iím with you on the things you said Sue about standing outside and about the appointments!
    Likes yorkslass liked this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanette View Post
    Our opticians just closed without warning or explanation we found out on FB but Iím with you on the things you said Sue about standing outside and about the appointments!
    Boots Opticians this morning appointment for myself and my wife, we had both received conformation emails, for eye tests and new glasses, reading and distance.

But only my appointment was booked, all the eye tests were fully booked but would we mind waiting in store in case someone did not turn up.

Spitting feathers !

Well Boots Opticians phoned me this afternoon and all they can offer is another appointment, no offer on glasses or anything else.

I said can we have the prescription and have our pupil distance measured, NO

Could we have the reading spectacles free if we bought the distance single vision glasses, NO

Although they have offered another appointment do you think we should go to another opticians or will they let us down again ???

mariesnowgoose is offline Official OTW
    Name: Marie
    Spouse: She's going bald too

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i
    Quote Originally Posted by harrow View Post
    Boots Opticians this morning appointment for myself and my wife, we had both received conformation emails, for eye tests and new glasses, reading and distance.

But only my appointment was booked, all the eye tests were fully booked but would we mind waiting in store in case someone did not turn up.

Spitting feathers !

Well Boots Opticians phoned me this afternoon and all they can offer is another appointment, no offer on glasses or anything else.

Could we have the reading spectacles free if we bought the distance single vision glasses, NO

Although they have offered another appointment do you think we should go to another opticians or will they let us down again ???
    I would tell them to sod off. Pity you didn't have me with you. I'd have had both of you at the front of their queue before you could say Jack Robinson

Had my eyes tested at opticians in the past and just paid for test and taken prescription away with me.
    Then went to ASDA where they had much nicer & funkier frames for a lot less money that the ones they had at the opticians

Does it say anywhere in their literature that you have to get the frames and glasses from them?
    If not I would be having words with them, but it's probably not worth wasting your breath if they're so useless & unhelpful.
    Might be worth trying another opticians instead.

We all get ripped off good and proper when it comes to buying specs in the UK!
    Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    There but for the grace of God go I
    Likes harrow, yorkslass liked this post
    Thanks harrow thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Gazelle
    Quote Originally Posted by harrow View Post

Spitting feathers !

You can go to any opticians even if you donít have a prescription because they will give you a new eye test if your not happy and to be honest I wouldnít be a happy bunny, if that had happened to me! Our opticians isnít boots and weíve been going for years so we donít know what happened, but Malcolm just went to vision express and he was pleased with them,heíd been to specsavers and he wasnít impressed with them,to be honest
    Likes harrow liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    swift
    You can take your prescription anywhere provided you have paid for it or you have had it done free due to medical conditions. If you have a free test via an offer, then part of that offer means you purchase your glasses with them, I would find an independent....much better service.
    Likes harrow liked this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkslass View Post
    You can take your prescription anywhere provided you have paid for it or you have had it done free due to medical conditions. If you have a free test via an offer, then part of that offer means you purchase your glasses with them, I would find an independent....much better service.
    Boots Opticians.

My wife and I have decided not to attend the appointment offered tomorrow.

We will ring the store this morning and let Boots Opticians know that we will be going elsewhere.

Reading google reviews, the last review of the store was a very similar situation but where a customer this time made an appointment in the store.

Kamaran Ranyay
    11 reviews
    4 months ago-
    Worst branch ever! they dont know how to book appoitments. They booked an appoitment for me i went there and nothing in the system 😡 telling me in not booked in. Get some staff who knows how to use computer! You have ruined my day.never going to go to this stupid branch again.

Thread Information