CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The 'new' drug driving laws.... Potty?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    vw t5

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I know succesful and respected people who use canabis. It's the abuser not the user that's the problem.

Obanboy666 is offline Full Member
    Name: Steve.
    Spouse: Widower.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Devon Conversions Tempest.
    Quote Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
    I know succesful and respected people who use canabis. It's the abuser not the user that's the problem.
    Wrong, my late wife had to deal with many hard drug addicts who had started off on Canabis then progressed onto heroin and cocaine.

It's a road leading to disaster imho.
    The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - its all that matters.
    Likes silverweed, trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Sprinter
    Quote Originally Posted by Obanboy666 View Post
    Wrong, my late wife had to deal with many hard drug addicts who had started off on Canabis then progressed onto heroin and cocaine.

Not wrong at all, may as well come out with a statement like "life is a road leading to disaster".

I know plenty of puffers who have been smoking cannabis for years who wouldn't dream of using other drugs, including alcohol.

I also know people who have gone off the rails, but to make a blanket statement "wrong" is wrong.
    Likes n brown, britcoms liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Self Build Movano Panel Van. 2500 CDti D
    Cannabis does not necessarily lead to harder drugs any more than alcohol or tobacco. I can't believe people are still trotting out this old chestnut. Too much Daily Mail reading going on methinks
    Likes Caz, britcoms, gypo liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    06 Ford Transit LWB, med roof. As at Sep

I believe many 'drug addicts' started on milk.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    the one thing that is indisputable is that people who have a tendency for dependency ,once they've got a skunk dealer sorted then a coke dealer and crack dealer will be easier to find once they're in that world . saying that,if they couldn't get drugs they'd just get out of it with alcohol,and if that got too dear there's always glue,petrol,butane,mushrooms oooh the list for the wannabepissed goes on !
    Likes wildebus, trevskoda, Sunshineseeker liked this post

Obanboy666 is offline Full Member
    Name: Steve.
    Spouse: Widower.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Devon Conversions Tempest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
    Cannabis does not necessarily lead to harder drugs any more than alcohol or tobacco. I can't believe people are still trotting out this old chestnut. Too much Daily Mail reading going on methinks
    The old chestnut as you put it was my late wife's observations during her 30 + years working in mental health.
    But obviously you must be more qualified than health professionals to dismiss their observations as Daily Mail reading.

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - its all that matters.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Self Build Movano Panel Van. 2500 CDti D
    Your wife saw cannabis users who turned to harder thing. I have seen many cannabis users who haven't. My observations are no less valid than hers.

Your (second hand) conclusion was it "Was a road leading to disaster" ie The Daily Mail conclusion. Just a black and white argument.

Addictive personalities and/or circumstance play a much bigger part in the story. Alcohol and tobacco lead to the same disaster given the right circumstances.
    Likes trevskoda, Sunshineseeker, britcoms liked this post

merc the berc Guest

Aah, the old gateway drug argument is still alive and kicking then.....

I have smoked for over thirty years and have never touched harder drugs, been offered them plenty of times but it's just not my bag.

I also do not get behind the wheel when i have had a smoke either, these new laws have bugger all to do with road safety and everything to do with going after a certain type who they obviously despise.

Considering other more liberal countries are legalising/decriminalising cannabis, this country is taking us backwards. Reefer madness, anyone?

merc the berc Guest
    It also appears that the new drugwipe kit only tests for cannabis and cocaine at present, who is the biggest risk? The pothead who had a toke the night before or the smackhead who has just whacked up, safe in the knowledge that as long as he does'nt look wasted and his driving appears ok, plod will let him drive on....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information