CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The 'new' drug driving laws.... Potty?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by merc the berc View Post
    Aah, the old gateway drug argument is still alive and kicking then.....

I have smoked for over thirty years and have never touched harder drugs, been offered them plenty of times but it's just not my bag.

I also do not get behind the wheel when i have had a smoke either, these new laws have bugger all to do with road safety and everything to do with going after a certain type who they obviously despise.

Considering other more liberal countries are legalising/decriminalising cannabis, this country is taking us backwards. Reefer madness, anyone?
    What about work, do you indulge at work, or during breaks? Many construction/engineering companies operate zero tolerance policy, random alcohol and drug sampling are administered every day, is this wrong, too?
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

merc the berc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by runnach View Post
    What about work, do you indulge at work, or during breaks? Many construction/engineering companies operate zero tolerance policy, random alcohol and drug sampling are administered every day, is this wrong, too?
    No, never mix work with pleasure, same as drinking alcohol there is a time and a place.

If you ever go to Holland visit a coffeshop, it's quite a civilised affair, much like the cafe culture in France.

Not everyone is a quivering paranoid wreck after smoking cannabis, despite what the Daily Fail says....

Member Number
    Motorhome
    It really doesn't bother me mate. Except at work, where there are enough hazards to contend with. Those travelling men working various large sites are now having to mend their ways, no more heavy sessions the night before.

I remember when Torness Nuke Station was under construction, one welder from the west, had to have a couple of tins of Carlsberg Special Brew, to steady him before setting off to work in reactor rooms. Same again at lunch time.

Clampdown is not a witch hunt, I guess the powers at be reckon enough is enough!!

merc the berc Guest
    If they are that interested in road safety, they should sort out the pot holes not the pot heads....

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by merc the berc View Post
    If they are that interested in road safety, they should sort out the pot holes not the pot heads....
    Brilliant!!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Self-build
    They should make driving whilst on the phone a 6 point offence. Still loads doing it round here.

Oh, and a few police to actually enforce it might be useful.
    Likes izwozral liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by hextal View Post
    They should make driving whilst on the phone a 6 point offence. Still loads doing it round here.

Oh, and a few police to actually enforce it might be useful.
    With worse to come mate, this morning news, massive budgets cuts for English and Welsh Police Forces. They'll probably follow the Scottish route, where there is only one force "Police Scotland". Rational for merging all scottish forces, to save money, where in fact, the merge was/is a huge debacle. Too many powerful egos infighting, while the paying public receive a chit service!!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Knaus SunTi
    Saw a recent post from a guy working the rigs; he had to take a drugs test in order to work, his gripe was that the tax he paid then went to feed the drug and alcohol habits of (some of )the unemployed. His solution was for those wishing to benefit from the taxes he had to be drug free to pay, should also prove themselves drug free.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by hextal View Post
    Guy next door smokes it. Jeez, you can smell if he opens the back door for a few seconds, even when he isn't actually smoking. And theres a baby and a 4yr old in there.

Odd thing is that the guy previously living there smoked a bit from time to time and the new guy complained like hell about the smell having moved in, but his stuff smells 10 times as strong (stink not strength).
    I have known folk to smoke cigys in a home where children live,or try to ,fecken disgrace stinkin lot.
    Head down,incoming.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes harrow liked this post
    Thanks harrow thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer 584 Classic
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    I have known folk to smoke cigys in a home where children live,or try to ,fecken disgrace stinkin lot.
    Head down,incoming.
    Did it take you three years eight months to think about that Trev?
    Likes Fazerloz, trevskoda, mariesnowgoose liked this post
    Thanks mariesnowgoose thanked for this post

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information