CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The 'new' drug driving laws.... Potty?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I have to attend the funeral of one of my oldest and dearest friends on Monday. He was killed the week before last in a hit and run accident by a drink/drug driver.

One life lost another ruined. The rules can't be strong enough in my opinion.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Self Build Movano Panel Van. 2500 CDti D
    It's worth revisiting in 2018 now the law and testing have settled down.

I still see people smoking and driving after a few hours and am surprised they take this risk. I don't know anyone who has tested positive, but I would think not driving until at least the next day would be prudent.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Think the testing has to be a bit better than they are.
    Can't have zero levels - lots of products have alcohol in them but not for consumption. This recent case about a 'positive' test for cocaine is worth reading .... Cocaine-test bus driver wins unfair dismissal case - BBC News
    I know someone who drives but under the changed rules was concerned he would have to give up as he has permanent painkiller patches applied, with a Morphine based product (but apparently a lot stronger!). They don't affect his ability to drive and in fact give him the ability to remain mobile (and sane!)

FWIW, I don't think anyone should be allowed to drive when under the influence of alcohol or drugs but have to make sure the innocent are not incorrectly caught in poor testing.
    Camperbus Blog and Website - www.wildebus.com
    Electrical Bits - stores.ebay.co.uk/Camper-Van-Kit

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Quote Originally Posted by wildebus View Post
    Think the testing has to be a bit better than they are.
    Can't have zero levels - lots of products have alcohol in them but not for consumption. This recent case about a 'positive' test for cocaine is worth reading .... Cocaine-test bus driver wins unfair dismissal case - BBC News
    I know someone who drives but under the changed rules was concerned he would have to give up as he has permanent painkiller patches applied, with a Morphine based product (but apparently a lot stronger!). They don't affect his ability to drive and in fact give him the ability to remain mobile (and sane!)

FWIW, I don't think anyone should be allowed to drive when under the influence of alcohol or drugs but have to make sure the innocent are not incorrectly caught in poor testing.
    I have to be honest since I started on dialysis a new chapter in the health department I was amazed it is not a notifiable condition to dvla some diabetes sufferers are required but I would wager a lot don't notify ,,drug wise oramorph and tramadol are frequently prescribed to folks with my ailments alas had no need thankfully yet myself, Saturday no way was I fit to drive and justified using ambulances laid on I have driven once straight after and I felt fine and the drive non eventful so I guess a lot depends on my own integritywhether that is correct or not I have mixed views

Channa

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    I have to be honest since I started on dialysis a new chapter in the health department I was amazed it is not a notifiable condition to dvla some diabetes sufferers are required but I would wager a lot don't notify ,,drug wise oramorph and tramadol are frequently prescribed to folks with my ailments alas had no need thankfully yet myself, Saturday no way was I fit to drive and justified using ambulances laid on I have driven once straight after and I felt fine and the drive non eventful so I guess a lot depends on my own integritywhether that is correct or not I have mixed views

Channa
    I think there are a lot of things your meant to tell the DVLA but I can only guess what it does to your insurance premium. If the doctor says your OK go for it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information