CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The 'new' drug driving laws.... Potty?

merc the berc Guest

The 'new' drug driving laws.... Potty?

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Hi, what are you're views on these new laws?

Whilst i obviously don't condone driving under the influence of anything, is it just me or is the government totally out of touch [again] with reality?

You can now be road tested with a saliva test kit by the police for 16 different drugs, some prescribed and some illegal, Cannabis use for instance, seems to be taking the heaviest brunt in the fight against 'drug driving', with limits set even lower than for that of heroin, methadone, cocaine and wait for it LSD....

I have done a little research on the cannabis issue [early days yet, very little info out there at the mo] and it appears that the legal limit for cannabis is 2ug/l, and the drugwipe saliva kit can only test for 10ug/l, and that THC the active ingrediant in pot that gives you the high is broken down in the body within four to six hours.

So, after a few tokes after work of an evening, theoretically, the otherwise law abiding toker can drive fully fit the next morning to work, without having to worry about PC Pig feeling his collar, in yet another absurd, money making attack on the sponge that is the motorist.....

I will now stand back, retire and wait for all the incoming flack from all sides.......

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Quote Originally Posted by merc the berc View Post
    Hi, what are you're views on these new laws?

Whilst i obviously don't condone driving under the influence of anything, is it just me or is the government totally out of touch [again] with reality?

You can now be road tested with a saliva test kit by the police for 16 different drugs, some prescribed and some illegal, Cannabis use for instance, seems to be taking the heaviest brunt in the fight against 'drug driving', with limits set even lower than for that of heroin, methadone, cocaine and wait for it LSD....

I have done a little research on the cannabis issue [early days yet, very little info out there at the mo] and it appears that the legal limit for cannabis is 2ug/l, and the drugwipe saliva kit can only test for 10ug/l, and that THC the active ingrediant in pot that gives you the high is broken down in the body within four to six hours.

So, after a few tokes after work of an evening, theoretically, the otherwise law abiding toker can drive fully fit the next morning to work, without having to worry about PC Pig feeling his collar, in yet another absurd, money making attack on the sponge that is the motorist.....

I will now stand back, retire and wait for all the incoming flack from all sides.......
    One could have a "toke" the night before, walk to work, then random drug tested on site, there is no max or min set, it is zero tolerance, which how it should be, whether walking, working or, driving.
    Likes trevskoda, Obanboy666, silverweed liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    motorhome
    Sounds fair to me!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Lunar Premier H622

Governments

Or more accurately Politicians seem obsessed with "Drugs" but pay little heed to the damage done by Alcohol and tobacco.

I suspect many of them overindulge in Alcohol yet......
    Likes trevskoda, izwozral, FringeDweller liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    Quote Originally Posted by jagmanx View Post
    Or more accurately Politicians seem obsessed with "Drugs" but pay little heed to the damage done by Alcohol and tobacco.

I suspect many of them overindulge in Alcohol yet......
    Not so really. They have targeted drunk drivers for decades, seems only fair that they should now start to target drug drivers.
    Likes trevskoda, delicagirl liked this post
    Thanks trevskoda, peter palance thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Self-build
    Known quite a few guys who liked their joints and either they were all naturally godawful drivers or it was having an effect.
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    some of the skunk coming out nowadays is ridiculously strong stuff ! i reckon most of the ex dope smokers on here who haven't tried it would have trouble walking,let alone driving !

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC

Dunno, I would probably still allow Nigella to rustle me up a Lobster Thermidor.

(Well I would consider that important!)
    Likes izwozral liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Self-build
    Quote Originally Posted by n brown View Post
    some of the skunk coming out nowadays is ridiculously strong stuff ! i reckon most of the ex dope smokers on here who haven't tried it would have trouble walking,let alone driving !
    Guy next door smokes it. Jeez, you can smell if he opens the back door for a few seconds, even when he isn't actually smoking. And theres a baby and a 4yr old in there.

Odd thing is that the guy previously living there smoked a bit from time to time and the new guy complained like hell about the smell having moved in, but his stuff smells 10 times as strong (stink not strength).

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Self Build Movano Panel Van. 2500 CDti D
    I don't think it has been very well thought out vis a vis cannabis.

The legislation seems to be designed to catch users, not just those under the influence.

I wonder how drinkers of alcohol would feel if they had a drink on Friday evening and then got tested and convicted on Sunday morning even though they were completely sober. Cannabis works in a different way to alcohol. Some compounds remain long after any any imparting effects have gone completely.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information