CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Retirement

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Van died of Tin Worm so back to the tent for a while

Retirement

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I retire at the end of November this year and my company's Staff Bank have told me that I must have a full 24 hrs off before I return to work. ??? I am also told that I cannot earn more than I did before I retired ??? Have I got this retirement lark all wrong. What's everyone else doing when they first retire. As we will be heading into winter I have agreed to work two mornings a week for the petrol fund for the van in the spring and have a lot of work needed to do on house and garden but then .

Richard

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbear View Post
    I retire at the end of November this year and my company's Staff Bank have told me that I must have a full 24 hrs off before I return to work. ??? I am also told that I cannot earn more than I did before I retired ??? Have I got this retirement lark all wrong. What's everyone else doing when they first retire. As we will be heading into winter I have agreed to work two mornings a week for the petrol fund for the van in the spring and have a lot of work needed to do on house and garden but then .

Richard
    Surely the only person who has any interest in how much you earn is the tax man ? Nowt to do with your ex employer surely ? Unless you are going back as a "consultant" on a part time basis and that is company policy

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Van died of Tin Worm so back to the tent for a while
    Quote Originally Posted by delicagirl View Post
    Surely the only person who has any interest in how much you earn is the tax man ? Nowt to do with your ex employer surely ? Unless you are going back as a "consultant" on a part time basis and that is company policy
    Something to do with the pension rules. If I start to earn more than I was before, the pension stops. This is not going to happen as I do not intend to work more than 12hrs a week, most weeks. I see no point in retiring and working harder. Time to enjoy what I have worked for, for a long time.

Richard

Member Number
    Motorhome
    mitsubishi canter mini artic
    just retire dont work at all.
    there are so many things you can not do today but put off till tomorrow . how can you have time to work?
    soon you will be able to think about all the things you thought you might want to do . but not do them .
    far better to team up with some last of summer wine lads and enjoy life .

Member Number
    Motorhome
    motorhome
    Be careful working part time!

It could affect your health!

Let go old boy it's your time now.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    I work part time and it really focuses my brain and gives me a sense that I am still contributing to society and earning for myself... I also play hard... I suggest you have a period of no work for 3 months just to see how you like "retirement". To many folks it is a time to face an empty life full of boredom, for others its a time passionately filled with the things we never had time for when in full time work... Each of us has to sort out our own way of dealing with the final 30 years of our lives......

Member Number
    Motorhome
    and i thought i was going to live for ever .
    as billy connelly used to have on his jacket ,to old to die young.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Going back to work are you mad,work is the curse of the drinking classes.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    Going back to work are you mad,work is the curse of the drinking classes.
    as old as you are do you need to go to a class to drink?
    thought by now it was natural. hee hee .
    i like going around to some places i have worked they all seem to be looking for staff . there does seem to be loads of jobs available these days when you dont want it . but you do get free coffee etc .
    go for a ride around on the m,bike call in here and there saves stopping at a cafe .

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner Delphin Performance T821
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbear View Post

Richard
    People like you should be horsewhipped ........ for a number of reasons.

You obviously did nothing while you were at work ....... otherwise you would be tired and worn out physically and mentally.

You are preventing a young person progressing in a career.

You are annoying us happily retired folk with your silly talk. Especially we hardworking, productive types who retired early and never looked back.
    Gan canny Marra.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information