CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3796 of 3801 FirstFirst ... 2796329636963746378637943795379637973798 ... LastLast
Results 37,951 to 37,960 of 38006

Thread: Edina's Chat Room

Member Number

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    mornig all...PANCAKE TUESDAY today.........

how do you like your pancakes..............

weather wet and miserabld here......same as usual ........

JENNIE know what you mean about trades people.......they come and give an estmate/price for job then you never see them again.

my kitchen floor below floorboards needed attention.....had 3 big firms and 3 smaller ones come and look they all gave me dfferent answers as to what the prblem was........none of which seemed logical to me..........

finally found the problem myself....none of the building firms had noticed it, and yet it was looking at you straight in the face....first thing i noticed.........didnt get anyone of them back...cos i dont trust them now.

as edina says its all plastic these days.......plastic windows, doors etc..........they probably dont know how to fix wooden ones now....although they are much nicer and more in keeping with the house.......

AND oh lady on her own.... BIG JOB LUV< BIG JOB.......give them a big miss with a flea in their ear........

do hope you get it sorted jennie.........its so frustrating and annoying.........also try and get someone to do smaller jobs...NO CHANCE....not without it costing the earth.....

DONT FORGET THE PANCAKES...........happy day to everyone
    Likes Edina, RoadTrek Boy, yorkslass liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 140
    Quote Originally Posted by Edina View Post
    Go for the plastic Jennie, it's trouble/maint free for years.
    You're right Chris, I know you're right but it's sooo expensive round here. My little pot of gold will only go so far and I need to do so much with it, including replace my 30 year old kitchen! I think I'll have to bite the bullet and go for it though because it's like pulling teeth to find someone who'll repair and paint... just wish I felt safe on ladders or I'd have a go myself but I want to live a while longer yet

Really dull and drizzly day here. I managed to miss a parcel delivery yesterday somehow - likely I was in the shower - but I can't summon up the motivation to grab my raincoat and get myself to the sorting office to pick it up. I will do it, I will... I'll just think about it for 5 more minutes... maybe have a cuppa first too...

Rob, any news about the blood pressure?
    Likes Edina, yorkslass liked this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by Minisorella View Post
    You're right Chris, I know you're right but it's sooo expensive round here. My little pot of gold will only go so far and I need to do so much with it, including replace my 30 year old kitchen! I think I'll have to bite the bullet and go for it though because it's like pulling teeth to find someone who'll repair and paint... just wish I felt safe on ladders or I'd have a go myself but I want to live a while longer yet

Really dull and drizzly day here. I managed to miss a parcel delivery yesterday somehow - likely I was in the shower - but I can't summon up the motivation to grab my raincoat and get myself to the sorting office to pick it up. I will do it, I will... I'll just think about it for 5 more minutes... maybe have a cuppa first too...

someone i know goes onto facebook (dont know how it works) an puts word out as to what job he wants doing and asks for recommendations or for someone who is willing to take on the job.....he seems to get it sorted.......even for work that needs doing on hisvehicle.......also look around where you live to see if anyone around has had their facias repaired.

iand as for painting it....just need someone whoes not afraid of heights and knows how to put the paint on where its supposed to go......general handyman, retired workman etc......good luck

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    .......Rob, any news about the blood pressure?[/QUOTE]

Not as yet Jennie.

I thought I had to go back tomorrow for further tests, but it is next Wednesday!

I was out today when they phoned with the results about my blood samples (Diabetes, Liver, Cholesterol etc.) and they can't give Julie my results, so I will 'phone them tomorrow.

I've switched to decaff coffee now, so I'm a bit of an athlete really!
    Likes Minisorella liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    fiat ducato autostratus
    Afternoon all trixie it annoys and saddens me at the same time when big and small firms muck people about and charge the Earth for jobs, as my sonís a joiner and he gives a good price for job and nine times out of ten he gets mucked about, I know there are firms big and small that do that,he hates to see people get ripped off!! Pity you werenít closer! Haha
    Likes Minisorella liked this post
    Thanks trixie88 thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    2002 Hymer B584 Classic
    Quote Originally Posted by Robmac View Post

I've switched to decaff coffee now, so I'm a bit of an athlete really!
    I had to come off decaff because we didn't have a decaffeinated coffee table to put it on
    Who was that gobby southerner who kept saying If they don't like me they can fcuk off
    Likes Robmac liked this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanette View Post
    Afternoon all trixie it annoys and saddens me at the same time when big and small firms muck people about and charge the Earth for jobs, as my sonís a joiner and he gives a good price for job and nine times out of ten he gets mucked about, I know there are firms big and small that do that,he hates to see people get ripped off!! Pity you werenít closer! Haha
    yes jeanette, its a shame too that the trades people get mucked about also.....folks that dont pay up etc ...it works both ways.

not nice when someone has done a few days/ weeks work or more and then they have to fight to get paid for it........i know of someone

who that has happened to many times.....i dont think folk realize how much hardship it can cause.......no so much the

individual customer ,,,,its the firms who go thru an agency who are the bad payers.........not only do they loose out on not

getting paid its the travel time and petrol and car parking charges which they have already forked out for. its shameful .....
    Likes jeanette liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    fiat ducato autostratus
    Quote Originally Posted by trixie88 View Post
    yes jeanette, its a shame too that the trades people get mucked about also.....folks that dont pay up etc ...it works both ways.

not nice when someone has done a few days/ weeks work or more and then they have to fight to get paid for it........i know of someone

who that has happened to many times.....i dont think folk realize how much hardship it can cause.......no so much the

individual customer ,,,,its the firms who go thru an agency who are the bad payers.........not only do they loose out on not

getting paid its the travel time and petrol and car parking charges which they have already forked out for. its shameful .....
    My son always says when heís going to do a job is that heíll give the best and fairest price and yes I know there are some who donít he often gets jobs that someone has started and itís ended in costing the person more to get put right he did a porch just the other day because of someone elseís bodge up and it ended up costing them a whole lot more,but it gives the good ones a bad name,because a lot of people think they are all the same. Thatís so true trixie about the hardships it causes they have bills and whatever to pay just the same!
    Likes trixie88 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Old bus
    Quote Originally Posted by Minisorella View Post

Jennie, you say there is some repair work needed on the fascia, so there are probably other places getting delicate and a builder/decorator will know that means a lot of work and time, and the finished job will not look perfect. To do a decent job would probably mean the removal of the existing guttering and brackets, repair or replace the boards before painting and then re-fitting the guttering, if it's re-usable. Cost wise I would think that a more expensive job than plastic cladding and guttering.
    Gone fishin'
    Likes trixie88 liked this post
    Thanks Minisorella thanked for this post

Member Number
    VALENTINES DAY TODAY>>>>>>>JUST A REMINDER>>>>>>>to pamper your other half.

Thread Information