CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Well Thats Odd !

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Yeah,,meant to tell you,,,While You was away at your Husbands Parents, I had a Cunning Plan to make some Money,

99226654-5033-48A9-AB8B-956E955AE7C8.jpg

Mine was called ’ EweGene’ But like so many times in recent life,,,I always seemd to Come Third, Fouth, Fith But Never First Or even joint second let alone or Heaven forbid First !.
    I must have forgot to shut the Gate before I left,,,Ooo & Watch where you tread !!!.
    Last edited by Nesting Zombie; 03-06-2018 at 15:22.
    Likes Hen on the Nest liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)
    So, Now We Haven’t Had any Rain For WEEKS in this part of The Cornish Boarders, & we haven’t had a Day below 25°C in temperatures either for around the same length of time.
    & What does the Elderly Owner of the Site decide to Do ?....Light the Bonfire of VERY Dry Lalandi & Verious other Dry Fuel that has been a accumulating on this Dumping Ground For combustibles over the months in the middle of the Dog Walking Field. Now This Bonfire ‘Was’ Fairly Big & Totally the Wrong shape meaning Massive Base But Not that Tall.
    I was 200 yards away when I heard the Shout
    ‘ZOMBIE, Bring the Tracktor QUICK!!!’
    I looked up from the Con creating I was doing Thinking ‘Well That’s Odd’ to see the GREY/WHITE smoke Pluming up, & heard The Sound of the Formidable Cracking that a accompanied it.
    Now I’m from the 1st Generation of Zombies, We Don’t Run, We Shuffle, BUT Some How I Got from where I was by the Stream Which is right at the Bottom of the Site, To the Top of the Site, Got the Tractor & arrived at the Bonfire in the Adjacent field over the Road in SECONDS !. & Without anything having to be said I Drove with the Bucket down along the Hedge line to scrape the Tinder Dry Grass clippings that was Spontaneously Flaring from the fierce heat that the fire was by now producing making a path & was LITERALLY a few feet away from the Treeline !. Close call.
    I then ‘Bucketed’ the Fire up into a more recognisable & Safer Bonfire shape !.
    Now I haven’t got any decent Pictures of Her Shoes On Fire From Her attempts of Stamping, Or the Fire At it’s Worse as, Well I was busy, But when Under control I snapped Thease & Hope you can see what I’ve tried to describe.
    8F0E0883-620E-4063-9600-E96D84246270.jpg
    DA3EAE9E-DF0F-48ED-9BAC-0DDF1D93736B.jpg
    09A25D1D-7273-4DD4-AEDB-0C12CC86DD6E.jpg
    Yeah they DONT capture the moment, Thease was taken around 30mins AFTER the shout,,, It WASN'T the Fire itself, It was the HEAT From the fire that was Catching the Grass Clippings. If you look along the Hedge line you can just see where I drove the Tractor with the 5 foot Wide Bucket along clearing the Grass. Then the Chared remains of the Grass after I gave it a good Stomping with my size 11s & the back of a Shovel.
    She is taking me into the Village tomorrow so I can get some Cider !.
    I’ve done 3 Weeks of the 5 Weeks agreement & Tomorrow is my last day off before I leave Next Friday.
    Last edited by Nesting Zombie; 13-06-2018 at 13:26.

Nabsim is offline Full Member
    Name: Nabs (Neil)
    Spouse: Caz

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Geist Phantom
    Hope you gave suitable instruction for future reference
    Don't Worry, Be Happy

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)
    Hmmm,
    Just been called into the office, & I Think I’ve just upset The ‘Bosses’,,,Let me Explain.

As some might Know I am 3 days away from finishing my Agreed time Helping Out a Retirement age but still VERY ACTIVE couple on a site that is still in its infancy years (This is its 5th Season), Now There is NO other Staff, Just (at the Moment) The 3 of us.
    Nowthen, I Have Just been asked to STAY ON PERMANENTLY & to sweeten the deal been offered a Bedsit (Room) On Site,,,Now This room IS Fairly Big, Got a Kinda Kitchen area along one wall, Yeah it’s ok, But NO Washing Machine, Dryer, Fridge, Toilet or Shower Facilities in it & Would therefore have to use the ones on site (That are Brilliant BTW) & The Electric is on it’s OWN £1 coin meter. & 3 of the 4 Walls have got Damp on them & I’m NOT even going to mention the Carpet (MINGING !)
    They said that obviously I could have this room & take less Money as a wage if I stay !.

My apparently offending Answer was -
    Thank You for the offer, But let’s be fair You haven’t thought THAT one through have you ?.
    Look, I’m currently on £40 a Day for doing a 10 hr day, 6 Days a week with Free Pitch, Water, Electric, Rubbish, Grey & Black Desposel & That was the Agreement, & To Be Honest it’s been Fine.
    But I’ve Got Full Cooking, Heating, Shower, Toilet Facilities, Fridge, Washer/ Spinner Aboard The Nest (My Home) & am allowed to stay on Pitch for 1 week AFTER I finished working here. So Please explain to me WHY do you think you’re doing ME a favour offering me This ‘Manky’ room Deal to Stay as if it’s Better or More Comfortable than The Nest !.

(Awkward Silence with Them looking at each other for a Prompt)

Do you need a Minute ?.

Yes, Well....Let’s Call it a day there, & Maybe we will speak tomorrow ...!

I thought Well that was Odd !.

799731F4-6FDF-4670-8885-2732BEDDA0EB.jpg
    D1985EE6-44CE-424B-9291-FE68FA9B4296.jpg
    7FCB4912-45C7-4837-A297-068ECCF3854A.jpg
    99AEBEBD-443F-46DF-AB65-D137A9529CE0.jpg
    Last edited by Nesting Zombie; 19-06-2018 at 15:00.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido
    expenisve pitch over 35 a day

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldish hippy View Post
    expenisve pitch over 35 a day
    Hi ya Hippy,
    Sorry Matey,,,What do you mean !

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido
    min wage

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldish hippy View Post
    min wage
    Ahh Got Ya,,,
    Yeah I understand now.

mariesnowgoose is offline Unreformed Mongoose
    Name: Marie
    Spouse: Neilyg

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Ford Legend Auto-Sleeper 1988 Diesel
    Some people definitely fit into the permanent plonker category

First of all one of 'em tries to set fire to the place and then they follow that by thinking they're doing you a huge favour offering you rotten accommodation which costs you an additional £1 a time on the meter for power - er, I don't think so!

Have they seen the facilities inside your lovely van, or, more to the point, other than providing facilities for campers, caravaners & motorhomers do they or have they ever actually used one themselves??

There is a shortage of workers prepared to look after sites - the Caravan Club & others with big sites (and small!) struggle to find the staff and have been the last 5 years or so. Think you need to remind your current temporary employers about this FACT otherwise - in the words of Joni Mitchell - they won't know what they've got til it's gone...

Minimum wage or not, your acquired life skills are worth that plus the rest, cheeky buggers!
    Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    Marie
    Likes Nesting Zombie, Hen on the Nest liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)
    No, They Haven’t actually seen inside The Nest, But I have to say, I was a bit Perplexed at what seemed to be a Hartfelt ‘We are doing you a Favour if you Stay’ offer !.
    Forget the Money side of things, We had an agreement that suited BOTH sides and a deal was don, Yep Happy with that,
    BUT THIS offer really made me Wide eyed & Chuckle.. Maybe I shouldn’t have done it quite so much in front of them, But hey,,,,
    Yeah apparently they had an Older Gentleman Who basically JUST done the Cleaning for a season two years ago, Then Guy for a month last year & he left.
    I wonder if it was because of the same offer lol lol lol

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread Information