wakk44 is offline Full member
    Name: Steve
    Spouse: memsahib

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B644

Another Phishing Scam

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I have today received the following e mail purportedly from Amazon advising me of an order.............

Your Amazon.co.uk order of "CHILDRENS POTTY CHAIR EASY..."

Today, 15:31You
    Order Confirmation

Order #206-7595135-6013134
    Hello,

Thanks for your Amazon Marketplace order with BARGAINS-GALORE. We’ll let you know once your item(s) have dispatched. Your estimated delivery date is indicated below. You can view the status of your order or make changes to it by visiting Your Orders on Amazon.co.uk.
    Arriving:
    Friday, January 13
    Your order will be sent to:
    sheila bawden
    3 challis close
    Basingstoke
    Basingstoke, hampshire RG22 6NA
    United Kingdom
    Order Details
    Placed on July 27, 2016
    CHILDRENS POTTY CHAIR EASY CLEAN KIDS TODDLER TRAINING CHAIR SEAT REMOVABLE LID (RED)
    Condition: New
    Sold by BARGAINS-GALORE
    Quantity: 7
    £38.99
    Item Subtotal: £38.99
    Postage & Packing: £0.00
    Order Total: £38.99
    Selected Payment Method: Visa
    If you haven't authorized the transaction, go to the ********* for full refund.
    We hope to see you again soon.
    Amazon.co.uk
    I have not ordered a children's potty chair,nor do I require one.
    I've no idea who the recipient is from Basingstoke but I fear she has been hacked in some way.
    The email somehow found it's way into my inbox,the Amazon logo looks quite convincing and I can see how it could fool some people.The scammers expect you to dispute the payment and ask for a full refund by clicking on the link within the email which I have removed so no one does.Then they prompt you to enter your bank account details,if you are daft enough to do this they will proceed to empty your bank account.

Last edited by wakk44; 10-01-2017 at 18:19. Reason: removed link
    From now on I'm going to treat people like they treat me,some should be glad,some should be scared.

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by wakk44 View Post
    I but I fear she has been hacked in some way.
    She's not relevant to it. As you said, they just want your Amazon/bank details.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    PEUGEOT EXPERT STEALTH /'95 RENAULT MASTER AMBULANCE
    Quote Originally Posted by wakk44 View Post
    I have today received the following e mail purportedly from Amazon advising me of an order.............

Your Amazon.co.uk order of "CHILDRENS POTTY CHAIR EASY..."

Today, 15:31You
    Order Confirmation

Hello,

Thanks for your Amazon Marketplace order with BARGAINS-GALORE. We’ll let you know once your item(s) have dispatched. Your estimated delivery date is indicated below. You can view the status of your order or make changes to it by visiting Your Orders on Amazon.co.uk.
    Arriving:
    Friday, January 13
    Your order will be sent to:
    sheila bawden
    3 challis close
    Basingstoke
    Basingstoke, hampshire RG22 6NA
    United Kingdom
    Order Details
    Placed on July 27, 2016
    CHILDRENS POTTY CHAIR EASY CLEAN KIDS TODDLER TRAINING CHAIR SEAT REMOVABLE LID (RED)
    Condition: New
    Sold by BARGAINS-GALORE
    Quantity: 7
    £38.99
    Item Subtotal: £38.99
    Postage & Packing: £0.00
    Order Total: £38.99
    Selected Payment Method: Visa
    If you haven't authorized the transaction, go to the ********* for full refund.
    We hope to see you again soon.
    Amazon.co.uk
    I have not ordered a children's potty chair,nor do I require one.
    I've no idea who the recipient is from Basingstoke but I fear she has been hacked in some way.
    The email somehow found it's way into my inbox,the Amazon logo looks quite convincing and I can see how it could fool some people.The scammers expect you to dispute the payment and ask for a full refund by clicking on the link within the email which I have removed so no one does.Then they prompt you to enter your bank account details,if you are daft enough to do this they will proceed to empty your bank account.

How sad. Nothing's sacred anymore is it? After reading about the 3 german students in a recent post, then reading this I don't know what the world's coming to!
    Much confusion!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    i have had similar things from netflix and apple - neither company do i have any connection with.....

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Concorde charisma
    I keep getting one for a set of ornamental deer antlers, i check amazon account from desktop and it is clear so just delete and sigh another ten minutes wasted on the computer

wakk44 is offline Full member
    Name: Steve
    Spouse: memsahib

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B644
    Quote Originally Posted by andyjanet View Post
    I keep getting one for a set of ornamental deer antlers, i check amazon account from desktop and it is clear so just delete and sigh another ten minutes wasted on the computer
    I did delete it but not before sending it to Amazon as a phishing scam,they have an email address to do this,whether it will do any good who knows?There must be a way to track down these scammers.
    From now on I'm going to treat people like they treat me,some should be glad,some should be scared.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Maybe they know something you dont YET.was there a bright star above your house.
    Only dirty people wash

Thread Information