CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thieving Gits

Member Number

Thieving Gits

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Last edited by jeffmossy; 03-03-2017 at 20:18.
    Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, cool buzzing, high talking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing...........Cant remember

Member Number
    Motorhome
    LDV Convoy
    2009. Do you think they found it yet?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    HYMER ML I
    That is the standard way they do no care as they know it will be hidden up before they get home to the site. If someones caravan or MH goes it will be left for a few days in a place no seen from anywhere, just to make sure there is no tracker on it.. It is a place between the point of theft and the site they use. and it is to stop the vehicle having to pass the theft site where it might be seen.. If something goes it always worth a look around the hidey holes just off the road, We went out with a light plane from the caravan park and found it stuck up a track in a wood.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    09 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Swift Mondial RL
    Quote Originally Posted by 1888 View Post
    2009. Do you think they found it yet?
    I don't know but it had already been stolen for 3 years by 2009.

IanH Guest
    If you have a hands free phone, always report any vehicle/trailer number plate that don't match, directly to police.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW T5 Auto-Sleepers Trooper
    This happened only a few miles from me the police were aware of the location of the caravan but deemed it unwise to try to recover the caravan from the site it was on. They recognised the van the men were driving and the thieves as well. Caused a local outcry at the time.
    Form your own option.
    Alf

Member Number
    Motorhome
    wobble box
    ive found a fool proof way of preventing my van from theft ,the tow hitch is quite easy to remove realy from the draw bar only a few mins to do while at home on the drive ,and somewhat cheaper than the anti theft devices available ,nobody will tow it away without the hitch .i suppose i could always remove the wheels as many do ,but its messing around and takes a while ,plus if i need to move it in a hurry i cannot without wheels .
    in the process of hunting for another tin shed on wheels

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    This happened only a few miles from me the police were aware of the location of the caravan but deemed it unwise to try to recover the caravan from the site it was on. They recognised the van the men were driving and the thieves as well. Caused a local outcry at the time.
    Form your own option.
    Alf
    And so it should !!!!!!!
    Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, cool buzzing, high talking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing...........Cant remember

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW T5 Auto-Sleepers Trooper
    That's no good they will look at it go buy the new part and Nick it

Alf

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    ive found a fool proof way of preventing my van from theft ,the tow hitch is quite easy to remove realy from the draw bar only a few mins to do while at home on the drive ,and somewhat cheaper than the anti theft devices available ,nobody will tow it away without the hitch .i suppose i could always remove the wheels as many do ,but its messing around and takes a while ,plus if i need to move it in a hurry i cannot without wheels .

Member Number
    Motorhome
    wobble box
    Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    That's no good they will look at it go buy the new part and Nick it

Alf
    doubt that anybody is going to go to the trouble of buying and fitting a new or even second hand tow hitch ,especially for a 20 some year old caravan ,especially when they would have to go to the trouble of breaking the locks off the the holes in the drawbar where the hitch fits first. frankly they would just move on to the nicer newer more expensive van a few doors away .ive found that if the gippoes want a van they go for newer types after all they do have standards to keep up ,other thieves that basically want something to nick and flog on or break for parts usually go for the quick easy get away . youve just got to look at the increased incidents of transit motor homes being stolen why because there easy to nick mind you transits have always been the thieves no1 they've always been a doddle to take .you could nick one and drive it away with nothing more than a screwdriver and a 8inch bit of wire . i admit there a bit harder now ,but still a doddle
    in the process of hunting for another tin shed on wheels

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information