CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Telephone Preference Service scam

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries

Telephone Preference Service scam

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    hello - just to alert folks... just had a call asking me if i was still getting nuisance calls .... i asked where their head office was and they said Romford ...a quick google while listening to them.. then they tell me my subscription is due for renewal and the card i used ia nearly out of date.... meanwhile reading the TPS website (i did register with them years ago) - i find they are not at Romford and offer a free service.

I rarely use the anglo saxon exhortation to go forth and multiply - but i did this morning .... he hung up
    Thanks - Alf Thanked this person

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by delicagirl View Post
    hello - just to alert folks... just had a call asking me if i was still getting nuisance calls .... i asked where their head office was and they said Romford ...a quick google while listening to them.. then they tell me my subscription is due for renewal and the card i used ia nearly out of date.... meanwhile reading the TPS website (i did register with them years ago) - i find they are not at Romford and offer a free service.

I rarely use the anglo saxon exhortation to go forth and multiply - but i did this morning .... he hung up
    Chancers everywhere these days. What annoys me is, they seem to have a knack in targeting older people, who come from an era where you could trust what you were told.
    Likes - Alf liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Unfortunately my parents got stung by this. It was automatically deducted from their account the following year which is when we found out and stopped any future deductions but too late to get the 75 back.
    Linda
    You can't be lost if you don't know where you're going!!
    Likes - Alf liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Had this a couple of times recently, I listen to the tittle tattle and then put the phone down.
    Likes - delicagirl liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    I had the " I belive you have been involved in an accident" call only yesterday , I googled the number and a link came up on 1 page regarding an app for mobiles called true caller , which has a database of known scam/spam numbers and automatically blocks them , it's available on android and iphone.

(I did check out reviews and install it , it's also free ).
    Steve
    Likes - delicagirl, Looser cruiser liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenJ View Post
    I had the " I belive you have been involved in an accident" call only yesterday , I googled the number and a link came up on 1 page regarding an app for mobiles called true caller , which has a database of known scam/spam numbers and automatically blocks them , it's available on android and iphone.

(I did check out reviews and install it , it's also free ).

Your belief is wrong good morning ...... puts phone down

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    I think similar expletives as your own may possibly have been used
    Steve
    Likes - delicagirl liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    The problem with nuisance calls is that you cannot control the ones that come in from India and the like. The Telephone Preference Service can only help with calls that originates from the UK, and then it doesnt stop all sales calls, but it will decrease, they can't stop the sales calls from abroad.If i was being bothered by calls and it is getting worse for sure, i would change my number, go x directory and never ever give my number out, except to family and friends.The worse thing you can do is give your number as a contact when ordering something online, don't do it....Give a dodgey number, they can contact you by email anyway ....
    Luck is where hard work meets opportunity.......
    Likes - delicagirl, trevskoda liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    i did email TPS to tell them about this number 01654636122 - which i put into website called Access denied | who-called.co.uk used Cloudflare to restrict access and it was clear from the many review comments that it is a scamster number for a wide variety of alleged business problems.......

to my great satisfaction TPS emailed me personally to thank me for doing so... nice to be appreciated....
    Likes - trevskoda, winks liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    If you use BT dial 1572 after receiving a call and the number can be blocked. Doesn't work if the number is withheld though.
    BT Call Protect: Discover the features and benefits in cutting unwanted calls - BT
    2CV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information