CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter fuel allowance

Member Number
    Motorhome
    fiat ducato silver wanderer

Winter fuel allowance

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Just read any person wintering in a location with a higher ambient temperature than the U.K will lose there allowance!
    What do you think?
    Move to Scotland!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    mitsubishi canter mini artic
    that might only be temporary though . if they get independance and stay in the eu. they wont be allowed it .
    pensions etc will be locked to the leaving date and no winter payments . possibly we wont allow them back either . after all its so nice abroad why would they want to come back.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    fiat ducato silver wanderer
    Totally agree

Member Number
    Motorhome
    transit lwb semi high panal van
    see the shadow chancellor is moaning he will lose his 200 quid cos hes on 100k and over 65 and entitled to it

i know pensioners who give it to charity cos they dont need it.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B544
    [QUOTE=ricc;827890]see the shadow chancellor is moaning he will lose his 200 quid cos hes on 100k and over 65 and entitled to it

i know pensioners who give it to charity cos they dont need it.[/QUOTE

Can you provide a YouTube link to that please , not a Tory newspaper link ? And donating to charity ? I think Jc donated all the xtra money he got for being leader of labour . And has published and shadow chancellor has too their tax returns . Still wAiting on the nasty party to do this lol .
    The less you want the more you live .

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B544
    From FB...people seeing sense

PLEASE PASS THIS AROUND, UNTIL EVERY ONE HAS HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO READ IT... YOONS, LEFTIES, RIGHTY'S, COMMIES + OLDIES - THIS IS SURELY SOMETHING WE ALL NEED TO THINK ABOUT!!!!THE ONLY THING WRONG WITH THE GOVERNMENT'S CALCULATION OF AVAILABLE PENSION IS THAT THEY FORGOT TO FIGURE IN ALL THE PEOPLE WHO DIED BEFORE THEY EVER COLLECTED OLD AGE PENSION.WHERE DID ALL THAT MONEY GO?Remember, not only did you and I contribute to our Pension, our employer did, too. It totalled 15% of your income before taxes. If you averaged only 15 000 over your working life, that's close to 220,500. Read that again. Did you see anywhere that the Government paid in one single penny?We are talking about the money you and your employer put in a Government bank to ensure that you and I would have a retirement pension from the money we put in, it was not money that the Government had any right to spend elsewhere. Now they've started to call the money we paid in an 'entitlement' when we reach the age to take it back. If you calculate the future invested value of 2500 per year (yours & your employer's contribution) at a simple 5% interest (that's less than what the govt. pays on the money that it borrows from overseas), after 49 years of working you'd have 892,919.98.If you took out only 3% per year, you'd receive 26,787.60 per year and it would last better than 30 years (that means until you're 95 if you retire at age 65) and that's with no interest paid on that final amount on deposit! If you bought an annuity with the money and it paid 4% per year, you'd have a lifetime income of 1976.40 per month.THE CROOKS IN GOVERNMENT HAVE PULLED OFF A BIGGER ROBBERY THAN THE GREAT TRAIN ROBBERS EVER DID.Entitlement!!?? My foot !! IT'S MY MONEY!! I paid IN cash for my pension. Just because they borrowed the money to spend on other things, that doesn't make my pension some kind of charity or handout!!They call the old age pension an entitlement even though most of us have been paying for it all our working lives, and now, when it's time for us to collect, the government is running out of money. Why did the government borrow from it in the first place? It was supposed to be in a securely locked box, not to be used as part of the Government's general funds.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B544
    Seems like other countries did what they were supposed to do with our money.

IMG_1729.JPG

Member Number
    Motorhome
    mitsubishi canter mini artic
    unfortunately the figures given arent really true.
    the post above is really about works/private pensions . in truth every one that payed in payed very little towards their govt pension . most of what folk payed was not pensions but national health payments .
    the original set up was very wrong , it really was bout the young paying for the old , the first pensioners hadnt paid anything towards their pension .
    not many years ago i forget when if you had earnt 7500 quid and payed nhs payments on paye you had payed enough for a full year to count . after that it went in the nhs pot . its always been a very corrupt system.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B544
    Quote Originally Posted by vwalan View Post
    unfortunately the figures given arent really true.
    the post above is really about works/private pensions . in truth every one that payed in payed very little towards their govt pension . most of what folk payed was not pensions but national health payments .
    the original set up was very wrong , it really was bout the young paying for the old , the first pensioners hadnt paid anything towards their pension .
    not many years ago i forget when if you had earnt 7500 quid and payed nhs payments on paye you had payed enough for a full year to count . after that it went in the nhs pot . its always been a very corrupt system.
    But it was using as an example of just 15k over 40 years. And the point being made was the government ( all) should have had that locked away or if it borrowed it then should have been paying the going rate of interest on what they borrowed. Just like any other financial institution should and would do. Money you deposit in a bank is lent out and the bank pays you a small amount of interest but charges the borrower a lot higher rate. That's how banks make money. Then when you want your money out you get it. The banks don't have a budget once a year and then tell it savers this is all you can get if it did there would be riots.
    The above post is not set in stone but just giving an example. So some would would pay less but some would be entitled to a lot more. And where has all the money gone that the deceased have paid before they could even get a pension. And it will be only a few years before everybody won't get one. My nephew is 25 and I doubt he will ever get one. But I doubt if NI would be reduced.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Devon Conversions Tempest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jays View Post
    Totally agree
    Me to.
    The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - its all that matters.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information