Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Homeless, sort of......and

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rimor K Max

Homeless, sort of......and

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    ....a cautionary tale.

We completed the sale on our house on the 29th September, promising the buyers we would move out on that date. We thought that we would be moving to our new address two weeks later, how wrong we were. Our solicitor discovered that the new house is not on the Land Registry and the beneficiaries [deceased estate]of the sale of the house are having their names registered with the registry. Our solicitor advised us that the registering process can take up to 14 weeks, which means we are homeless, well sort of, we are having a jolly in the MH for the duration.
    It does beg the question though, why are the beneficiaries registering their name when they are selling the house? And,why put the house on the market before the registration is completed? It is a tad galling to say the least as we are paying two lots of removals and storage in between, costing us an extra £2k we hadn't accounted for. Furthermore, surely the estate agents, one of the biggest in Cheshire, would have been aware of the situation?
    Apparently, there are many properties that are not on the Land Registry and it only became a legal requirement in the mid '70's for all property to be registered. One of the consequences of this is, solicitors are making a fortune out of this extra work, surprise surprise eh.
    If it weren't for the fact that the new house ticks most of the boxes and the price is right, we would be looking elsewhere.

So, if you are considering buying property, ask if it is on the Land Registry, it just may save you a lot of money, time and hassle.
    When I was younger I felt like a man trapped inside a woman’s body. Then I was born.
    Likes delicagirl liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    I don't think an estate agent would know Ral ? what solicitors do.......still homeless and living in the van, will you be touting to tarmac drives ? whittle afew pegs ...I am making light but hopefully worth it in the end

Channa
    Likes trevskoda, izwozral liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Halfords dome tent £15
    Why would the estate agent be interested it is the legal aspect and nothing to do with them they are purely sales negotiators and advertising providers.
    We had similar and ended up paying for probate as the beneficiary of the will hadn't done anything about registering the probate for 12 years !
    We got it sorted through the court but it took ages !

Pauljenny is offline INTERNATIONAL PLAYBOY
    Name: erm?
    Spouse: Management, ?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Indigo
    Good job you invested in a decent MH.
    Enjoy your enforced adventures.

I'd be sorely tempted to play the tough guy with the estate agents, telling them that it's their cock up that has created this situation.
    Show them a photo of your MH and tell them that you'll drive off into the sunset if they don't put the matter right, and pay the costs out of their commission, by 29th October, ( or whatever ).
    Mind you, I'm sat on a warm Algarve terrace and haven't fallen in love with your dream home.
    You're sitting pretty... A buyer with no chain or commitments..... And a wad of ready cash in your hand.
    Make sure that the vendors are aware of this.
    If it all goes wrong, come and park on our new village aire.
    To the pure in mind, all things are pure
    Likes trevskoda, channa, izwozral, helen262 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Once he aquires a southern irish accent all will be fine.
    Good luck with your move.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes channa liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1997 Lunar Road Star 570 2001 BMW 1150RS
    Can you tarmac our drive please
    A shiny roof is the sign of a sick mind

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Quote Originally Posted by oppy View Post
    Can you tarmac our drive please
    neer mind that !!! lucky heather is on special offer I have heard , the floral variety not the lass that lives on Finkle Street

Channa
    Likes oppy liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner Aviano
    Seems odd - I wonder if they are trying to avoid inheritance tax on the property by saying it’s their home and in the meanwhile it’s going to cost you. I must admit I’d be threatening to walk away- but maybe that’s what they want.
    Last edited by jennyp19; 11-10-2017 at 21:17.
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rimor K Max
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    I don't think an estate agent would know Ral ? what solicitors do.......still homeless and living in the van, will you be touting to tarmac drives ? whittle afew pegs ...I am making light but hopefully worth it in the end

Channa
    I am not sure Andrew, we were asked if we were freehold, if we owned the property outright and if there was anything relevant that they should know about.
    When I was younger I felt like a man trapped inside a woman’s body. Then I was born.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    Hi Ral.

Surely this should have shown up in the conveyancy searches, a search of the land registry is a legal requirement when buying/selling a house.

It sounds to me that your solicitor should have picked this up BEFORE completion on the house. Or am I misunderstanding the situation?

In the meantime, I will send round my friends Mr Smith and Mr O' Malley and their large families to house sit (well drive sit) your new home for you. Did you say there was an outside loo?
    God bless Colonel Sanders. Marvellous man!
    Likes delicagirl liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information