CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hovel or derelict or just simple dwelling wanted

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Merc 309D Westfalia James Cook

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Remarkably we (partner) has a 3 acre bush block with all mod cons for sale, small house, 1 bedroom, shower toilet, kitchen/lounge, big verandah, septic system, outbuildings, 40,000 litre tanks, dam, wild birds aplenty, kangaroos, wallabies.
    Ideal six monther - plenty of room to park anything from a bongo van to a 40' semi caravan. Stay for the Australian Summer, go back to the UK for the UK Summer. Never see a Winter again. 6 month Tourist visa each year. Rent it out for a $150 a week in the off season.
    Used by the Curra Ukulele Naturist Troubadors for their weekly meetings - this alone is a unique selling point.
    Curra is a wonderful location - at night you can hear Duelling Banjos playing, during the day can be shooting and skinning kangaroos or digging for gold.
    $POA
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse (defined as a liberal gift) from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, followed always by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years." - attributed to Alexander Fraser Tytler, (October 15, 1747 - January 5, 1813) a Scottish-born British lawyer and writer.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    Quote Originally Posted by vwalan View Post
    its very easy to catch rain water.
    sceptic tanks or even better cess pits with double chamber and water drain off . should never need emptying .
    yes several solar panels or a wind generator even a petrol diesel genny on a switch works .
    there are loads of houses and farms working on these systems all over uk.
    just most dont know or come across them.
    life can go on very easily with out the mod cons .
    It would suit me fine to be honest (as long as there is a pub nearby).

I was thinking more of the resale value, and the actual salability, I would imagine that you would have a limited market without mains services?
    God bless Colonel Sanders. Marvellous man!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    mitsubishi canter mini artic
    Quote Originally Posted by Robmac View Post
    It would suit me fine to be honest (as long as there is a pub nearby).

I was thinking more of the resale value, and the actual salability, I would imagine that you would have a limited market without mains services?
    there are loads of places around here with septics , bore holes for water etc .
    i know there are loads country wide .
    it actually can increase the resale value as you dont pay for sewage . the water is very much cheaper. but rain water can be free.
    i have a small rainwater supply . shame just before i lived here the last owner went on mains sewage . once on cant come off . still have the cesspit in my garden . also use solar from the trucks inverter to power items in the house in summer.
    there really is a trend for not having mains .
    i could easily manage without mains water ,sewage or even electric .
    i do have an lpg tank in my garden for gas.
    our local pub for years ran off a big gennie in a shed .
    in the country it really is happening .
    Likes trevskoda, delicagirl, Robmac, harrow liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by vwalan View Post
    its very easy to catch rain water.
    sceptic tanks or even better cess pits with double chamber and water drain off . should never need emptying .
    yes several solar panels or a wind generator even a petrol diesel genny on a switch works .
    there are loads of houses and farms working on these systems all over uk.
    just most dont know or come across them.
    life can go on very easily with out the mod cons .
    Any thing goes as long as one gets a mobile signal.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    mitsubishi canter mini artic
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    Any thing goes as long as one gets a mobile signal.
    yes ,even better if you use an alfa antenna and get free wifi.
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    when we lived in Portugal my then 14 yr old daughter dug out for a cess pit in one day,had the brickwork in the following day and piped and in use the next. water from a small spring, more from rainwater collection on the cisterna and off the roof , leccy from a genny or oil lights, woodburner for heating .
    whole new set of chores , but not a bad life !
    of all the bodily functions that could be contagious
    thank god it's only the yawn
    Likes vwalan, Jays, Chainsaw Charlie, trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 530L
    Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Charlie View Post
    Keep looking for something really simple ideally with a bit of land , if anyone sees something that looks like a nightmare we just might be interested.
    This living in a normal house is so boring, I walked along the road last night and couldn't help but seeing into a lot of houses it was quite an eye opener as I couldn't believe how people fill their houses with absolute crap , it got me thinking that most people's belongings are actually what the chain stores have made them think they need .
    Loved the plastic ornaments !
    Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Charlie View Post
    Have you got a link ?

Land for sale in Braeswick, Sanday, Orkney KW17 - 45220823 - Zoopla

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information