CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not really a facebook fan

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I agree with Tezza Facebook is pretty much what you make it, I have lost a few contacts over the years login issues and stuff I don't really understand.

I like Tezza part of closed groups that interest me, some of it annoying dross at times others very informative.

I use several reptile groups one predominantly US based I find it interesting some of their questionable husbandry methods, a few teens as well to keep it lively, Another group some contributors renowned in the hobby often writing thesis on a given species that goes way beyond what you would find in print normally and you have the ability to ask questions seek clarity and advice from the author.

Socially how I keep in touch with my eldest, she lives in Cheltenham when in the UK but invariably can due to her work be anywhere in the world so the messanger part is good, The thought her dad getting her out of bed in Los Angeles is not one I relish , following week it could be Durban or Sydney I cant keep track so she contacts me

This site, FB , Twitter et al ..all part of a social revolution that a few years ago would seem sci fi to most of us

Channa
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    fiat ducato autostratus
    My FB is friends only as well my daughter-in-law thought it was a good way of seeing my granddaughter and grandson's photos instead of not seeing them, and that is basically why I joined FB! Also my oldest brother lives in Manchester and he's not in the best of health and I keep in touch with his wife
    ,to see how he's doing,my other brother lives down London and I keep in touch with him also! I'm part of MM and Scottish Motorhome next door neighbour joined me ages ago!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    citroen relay conversionish stealth camp
    I agree that FB is what you make it! I started using it when my sons were off travelling, found it was the best way of keeping track of where they were. They only posted once and all friends knew! Also messenger would always get them. Got a bit hooked for awhile then worked it out...only use it the way I want to now. Cannot abide some of the idiotic stuff and some of the rubbish posted as fact. But, same as everything else...it can be ignored, deleted or blocked!
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tezza View Post
    All systems can be hacked even Linux .Been on FB since it started , havenít had a problem on there in all that time. Had a computer for years starting with the Commodore 64! And then bbc one. So in 25-30 years I have knowingly had bugs about 3 times.
    Its all just common sense , but whatís the worse that could happen? My laptop and iPad do not hold the codes for our nuclear missiles lol
    I have all bank acc etc on so if folk get hacked then there is a posibility every crook from here to hell will empty every thing you have and sell all your details,i cannot afford to lose the only fiver i have ever had.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by RoaminRog View Post
    everyone who has sent me a 'friend request' in the past.
    Thatís the second time youíve declined me Rog........should I change my lippy? 💋

Ann
    Likes RoaminRog liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Miami 740S
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    Thatís the second time youíve declined me Rog........should I change my lippy? 💋

Ann
    You don't have to change a thing Ann!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Miami 740S
    I can appreciate that facebook probably has it's uses, but all I wanted to do was apologise to the folk who had sent me a friend request.
    Thanks for all your replies.
    Rog.
    Likes REC liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mercedes 207D
    I had it for about two years then got rid of it about five years ago,it seemed like a good way to keep in touch with friends and relatives on the other side of the planet,but I found it had the completely opposite effect. No longer did I speak to them,I clicked a like button instead,I've reverted to email and phone so now I actually have a conversation,phone calls are now so cheap that I couldn't see a reason for FB,and I was never comfortable with all the tracking and targeted advertising.
    All too often we see the unforseen consequences of an innocent "like" or comment being used years later to refuse job applications or admittance to an organisation. I'm sure it has its uses for some people but for me the negatives,and potential problems down the line,far outweigh any benefit.
    668,the neighbour of the beast.
    Likes Byronic, RoaminRog, trevskoda, spigot liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleepers Symbol campervan
    I've had friend requests, ignored them, not into 'Social Slagging Sites'.

I keep in touch with family & friends with "WhatsApp", it's free, can send messages, photos & videos anywhere in the world.

It's simple to use, ideal for a thicko like me!
    Britons were wild camping long before campsites, it's a basic human right.
    Likes RoaminRog, trevskoda liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information