CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not really a facebook fan

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Miami 740S

Not really a facebook fan

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Reading through my emails tonight, one in particular caught my eye. It was asking me if I had read about Penny13 and Rong's latest trip to Portugal.
    After clicking on it, I was magically winged to facebook.
    I was amazed to discover how many folk (on here) had requested to be my 'friend'.
    Although I do have an account on facebook I very rarely, if ever use it. I would just like to thank and apologise to everyone who has sent me a 'friend request' in the past couple of years, I had no idea.
    Please don't think ill of me, but there would not be any point whatsoever in accepting, as I would never get to see who is doing what! Sorry.
    Best wishes, Rog.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Dethleffs globetrotter lxi
    Youíre a true gent mr R donít know of anyone who would apologise for this I bow my hat to you.👌
    OOR WUSSY
    Thanks RoaminRog thanked for this post

Pauljenny is offline INTERNATIONAL PLAYBOY
    Name: erm?
    Spouse: Management, ?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Indigo
    IMHO, Facebook is the spawn of the Devil.
    It's a drug, ,as is Twatter.
    If enough people say that the Moon is made of Ambrosia Creamed Rice, and enough idiots respond with likes, because their idiotic " Friends " have liked it..
    It will become an accepted fact the The Moon IS made of that tinned delicacy. Neil Armstrong, knows nothing.

Anyone who has the temerity to disagree, is trolled, reviled and doesn't get many" likes".
    That's how we've got President Donald. J. Fart.
    Goodnight.
    To the pure in mind, all things are pure

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Ochre
    It can be really useful in closed groups. For example we have a Bentley motorhomes group in which members can discuss things about their vans, and even communicate with the man who built them. No one outside the group can see and it's a great communication tool.
    Admittedly there is lots of rubbish there, but it's easy to simply avoid it.
    I recently sat in the desert in California watching some wildcampers round a fire in Glencoe live. I find things like that amazing.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    fiat ducato autostratus
    Paul I'm on Facebook because it's the only way to see my daughters two children (long story) I do see them when there is birthdays and other family get togethers but apart from that I wouldn't see them! We are friends on FB
    Likes RoaminRog, channa liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B544
    Facebook is only as good as you make it.when people slag it off it’s not Fb’s Fault that people have boring friends who want to show you their dinner. It’s your fault for having them as friends. I belong to a load of different groups on there , from metal detecting, to the latest one I joined which is , vans with lights. I get a load of information from here , but I also get tons from FB , and on any subject I choose. I have a person in Gaza as a “ friend “ ( I know their not friends really) but his daily posts give me so much information on hats going on there. I also belong to the London Muslim Group because I want to know more about muslims rather than what the daily mail tells me. Another “ friend” who I got talking to on there from Morocco who is a student and photographer who has said he would willingly give us any info we want or need and also meet up with us to take us to some of the places he goes take photos.
    I have real friends who I am no longer friends with because they started posting Britain First shite. I have blocked a few because all they ever do is post selfies grrrrrrrrrr.
    And of course , all my political groups , so my timeline is filled with Hymer group , motorhome madness , campervan overnight parking? And half a dozen more motorhome groups. To me it’s like having the best magazine available with only the stuff that interests me.my post are only seen by “ friends “ nobody can add me without my say so. If I were to mark it I would give it 10/10 .
    Like I said . It’s what you make it , it’s a tool the trouble is many people don’t know how to use the tool to their advantage.
    Last edited by Tezza; 06-12-2017 at 03:21.
    The less you want the more you live .
    Thanks RoaminRog thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    I looked at face book but found so many trackers and spyware trying to get inside my pc i decided no thanks.
    I want to keep my details secure so until facebook is cleaned of these nosy gits im staying away.
    Thank goodness for privicy badger flagging up spyware and showing me who is at there nasty work,any one on windows must be scratching like a flee ridden dog with all the bugs they have unknowingly downloaded,head down now.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes izwozral, Alf, roamingman, toystory liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B544
    All systems can be hacked even Linux .Been on FB since it started , havenít had a problem on there in all that time. Had a computer for years starting with the Commodore 64! And then bbc one. So in 25-30 years I have knowingly had bugs about 3 times.
    Its all just common sense , but whatís the worse that could happen? My laptop and iPad do not hold the codes for our nuclear missiles lol
    The less you want the more you live .
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW T4 Villa XL High Top
    Quote Originally Posted by Tezza View Post
    My laptop and iPad do not hold the codes for our nuclear missiles lol
    Why not? Mine do.
    =^..^=
    Likes RoaminRog, maingate, Tezza, GinaRon, Alf, trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Lunar Premier H622

Agreed

BUT...

I do find it useful to keep in touch with friends
    I only ever post to friends
    and refrain from re-posting "Nonsense£

However I did post this
    Which fits in wit the "hazardous roads thread"
    BBC - Travel - The Pakistan village with a unique system of philanthropy

One of my very best (if not the best) adventure trips with Exodus in August 1974 !
    Then Pakistan was relatively safe
    We flew to Islamabad/Rawalpindi before following the KaraKoram Highway.
    We passed Abbottabad on our route north following the Indus Valley. A stopover in Gilgit (home of Polo) at the foot of Mount Rakaposhi
    Then on to Kashghar via the Khunjerab pass.
    We retraced our step to Gilgit where we turned west towards Shimshal and the Hindu Kush mountains to Chitral.
    Then on to Peshawar. The main party continued to Rawalpindi. I stayed on for a couple of days and visited the Khyber pass accompanied by a soldier with a Lee Enfield Riifle
    I then got the train to Rawalpindi to fly home
    Pakistan.PNG
    Likes delicagirl, GinaRon, trevskoda liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information