CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oak Furniture land - taking the mick?

Member Number

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by vindiboy View Post
    It is going to be a well used second hand item by the time you get it, that is for sure !
    With every kind of body fluid at no extra charge.

Because it is second hand you have to reduce your expectations,

and blot out of your mind images of the security guard sitting on it while wearing no underpants,

other peoples children........

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    If we imagined what had happened to furniture we use then we would never sit in a secondhand van or car, or a restaurant chair. As for an hotel bed!!!!!!!.
    Likes Alf, wildebus liked this post

Member Number
    Let's be realistic it is only a bed settee that has had sweaty bottoms, body fluid and cheesy feet on it,

now hotel beds have plenty of wildlife in them.

Sleep tight, and hope the bed bugs don't bite

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    thanks to all ... especially the body-fluid-brigade.....

i just got back from the shop and they are not moving one bit. They said i knew about the lack of free delivery for ex-display items. They showed me original paperwork which i signed to which was attached a Vis-vest-yellow-coloured flyer saying this free deivery was not available for exdisplay - even though on my invoice/receipt it says i have chosen free delivery. i was not given a yellow flyer. i have a photo of the huge posters all round their store saying "Free Delivery on all Items".

They also claimed that them keeping my property for a month was perfectly acceptable because their own deliveries had been held up and so they had nothing to put in its place on the shop floor.

I have two more expensive items on order due to be delivered tomorrow.... i said i was so unhappy that if they would not pay a local haulier to deliver my sofa i would cancel the larger order for tomorrow... there is 30% cancellation charge - the manager at Yeovil said he did not have the authority to give me in writing that they will not charge me 30%!!!! I am currently waiting for a call back from Refunds department.

B*ggers ......
    Thanks harrow thanked for this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by delicagirl View Post

i just got back from the shop and they are not moving one bit. They said i knew about the lack of free delivery for ex-display items. They showed me original paperwork which i signed to which was attached a Vis-vest-yellow-coloured flyer saying this free deivery was not available for exdisplay - even though on my invoice/receipt it says i have chosen free delivery. i was not given a yellow flyer. i have a photo of the huge posters all round their store saying "Free Delivery on all Items".

They also claimed that them keeping my property for a month was perfectly acceptable because their own deliveries had been held up and so they had nothing to put in its place on the shop floor.

I have two more expensive items on order due to be delivered tomorrow.... i said i was so unhappy that if they would not pay a local haulier to deliver my sofa i would cancel the larger order for tomorrow... there is 30% cancellation charge - the manager at Yeovil said he did not have the authority to give me in writing that they will not charge me 30%!!!! I am currently waiting for a call back from Refunds department.

B*ggers ......
    My Nephew ordered furniture,damaged on delivery .They actually threatened to take it back but would not supply a replacement and would refuse to sell him anything else.Not a nice company to deal with when faults are brought up.
    Likes delicagirl, Alf liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff G View Post
    My Nephew ordered furniture,damaged on delivery .They actually threatened to take it back but would not supply a replacement and would refuse to sell him anything else.Not a nice company to deal with when faults are brought up.
    i have just read their review site and there are 6% of really bad reviews...... i have to decide if i am willing to accept the furniture tomorrow or if i dont potentially lose 450+ and then fight them.......

sighs.....

i'll be glad when its 2018 !!!
    Likes Alf, harrow, Jeff G liked this post

Member Number

B*ggers ......
    Yes it leaves a bad taste in the mouth,

and that's just the body fluids.

Park the bus outside and put up a banner warning other shoppers.

And you know where to dump your grey water.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    Quote Originally Posted by harrow View Post
    Yes it leaves a bad taste in the mouth,

and that's just the body fluids.

Park the bus outside and put up a banner warning other shoppers.

And you know where to dump your grey water.

i like it !!!

if they dont call me today i dont think i will accept the delivery tomorrow afternoon, nor will i sign anything, and then go park up outside their store as suggested !!!!
    Likes Bigusdickus liked this post
    Thanks harrow thanked for this post

Member Number
    i have just read their review site and there are 6% of really bad reviews...... i have to decide if i am willing to accept the furniture tomorrow or if i dont potentially lose 450+ and then fight them.......

sighs.....

i'll be glad when its 2018 !!!
    Can you actually get a refund? The way they treated my nephew,put me off a potential purchase.

grath is offline Full Member
    Name: Graham
    Spouse: Kathleen

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B654 SL Star Edition 3 Ltr, 4500kg
    Please. do as I suggested. Contact the Chief Executive (MD)
    Has worked for me a few times and never failed!.

The last time was at Wicks a couple months ago. I got a full refund, kept the goods and received a 50 voucher
    This was for bark clippings!
    Try it!
    Graham+Kath = grath
    Tramping the Dream, Chasing Rainbows & Enjoying the Pot of Sunshine

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information