CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pretentious marketing-speak

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by molly 2 View Post
    I could not believe the pre packed cauliflower stakes from a well known supermarket
    Has Dracula gone vegetarian now?
    Likes Minisorella, trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    Quote Originally Posted by Minisorella View Post
    What's a shoe mitten Collette? I obviously haven't stayed in hotels often enough Probably could have made use of a single though... I've been wearing just left shoes and boots for weeks now, with a moon boot on the other foot looking after my broken ankle.

My 'love to hate' marketing thing is perfume ads.... what pretentious drivel they are these days! You can pick them out a mile off, as soon as the tanned bodies, strings of pearls, waves, clouds or swirling lengths of silk appear. Add a voiceover, melodramatically and moodily cooing random phrases about self-awareness, love or life itself in film noir style and you can be sure they're selling perfume. Wouldn't it be fun if they just said it smells great - buy some

i took me a while to work it out..... it is a small cloth bag (like a thumbless-mitten) which presumably you put on your hand and polish your shoes with..... but no polish provided ... nor a brush.....

How is your ankle getting on ? can you weight bear yet ?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    Quote Originally Posted by izwozral View Post
    Skin care products that revitalize the spiffiddodumis ofthe contralidaize fennibellicums. As if we all know the scientific names of every gene, sube gene, dna and gawds knows what of the human body. Absolutely meaningless babble.
    Don't forget that marvellous invention the "digestive transit" ..... huh??

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    i sometimes listen to old tele programmes on my PC while playing card games to relax

its extraordinary how many times i hear the work "protect" - which is marketing psychobabble insisting that we need protection from:

gum disease
    weak pathetic hair
    lousy holiday operators
    toilet germs
    less-than-perfect-engine performanc
    sore throats
    confusion

any more please ?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 140
    Quote Originally Posted by delicagirl View Post
    i took me a while to work it out..... it is a small cloth bag (like a thumbless-mitten) which presumably you put on your hand and polish your shoes with..... but no polish provided ... nor a brush.....

How is your ankle getting on ? can you weight bear yet ?
    Thanks for demystifying the mitten... I guess I wouldn't be wearing one then!
    The ankle's doing great thank you. It was pretty good on weight bearing right from the start, as long as I kept the weight squarely centred... which is mainly why I was treating it like a bad sprain and still wandering around for over 2 weeks before I got an x-ray The boot has been marvellous, although I'm happy to say I can ditch it from tommorrow when I'm in the house... and I'm supposed to start exercising too. All good. Now I just need to work on the sleep deprivation

Have you settled cosily into your new home?
    Thanks delicagirl thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    Quote Originally Posted by Minisorella View Post
    Thanks for demystifying the mitten... I guess I wouldn't be wearing one then!
    The ankle's doing great thank you. It was pretty good on weight bearing right from the start, as long as I kept the weight squarely centred... which is mainly why I was treating it like a bad sprain and still wandering around for over 2 weeks before I got an x-ray The boot has been marvellous, although I'm happy to say I can ditch it from tommorrow when I'm in the house... and I'm supposed to start exercising too. All good. Now I just need to work on the sleep deprivation

Have you settled cosily into your new home?
    Yes i love it - A&J were here for a day or two and we had great times. He did all my little "jobs" as he does!!! Its a very friendly village, with lovely new village hall containing a profitless grocery/offie shop run by volunteers and a small profit-less cafe as well. The adjacent sports field has adult and childrens sports gym equipment for free use by all. i am in a quiet beautiful street with big garden and masses of birds. its also only 1.5 hours to Poole for the European ferry. so i am very happy here. Just about to finalise my moving house spreadsheet !!!
    Likes Minisorella, RoadTrek Boy, harrow liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Fiat PVC
    Don't forget that marvellous invention the "digestive transit" ..... huh??
    Ahh, a van full of my favourite biscuits
    Likes Minisorella, delicagirl liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    Quote Originally Posted by Deneb View Post
    Ahh, a van full of my favourite biscuits

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Roadtrek 190V
    Especially if their covered in plain chocolate!
    Colin
    Warning: Definitely contains nuts.
    Likes delicagirl, Minisorella, Deneb liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information