CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Health advice

Member Number

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by GWAYGWAY View Post
    Whatever it is it isn't enough. You will need at least 6000 iu's per day and vit K2 to go with it I take 10000 per day D3 and two 200 microgram K2 tablets . Dead cheap to get on Amazon in bulk . It has cleared my problems up and I have no trouble now. And going on the high fat diet I lost over a stone from my weight. Now under 10 stone and BMI 22.5 or so. With the bad psoriasis I would use 20000iu s and sunlight lamps. Real sun will be back in a couple of months time get out in it as much as possible in private at around midday. the angle of the sun before ten is not enough to allow the sunlight to penetrate the ozon layer without the Blue wave being absorbed by the angle through the ozone appearing to make it thicker.
    i have been prescribed 1000 daily..plus calcium tabs......(osteoporosis) would not like to self medicate as yorklass says its all such a delicate balance.........dont like taking med of any sort really because they all have side effects, however, sometimes it is necessary.....

as with calcium tabs....there is such a bewildering instructions when i first started taking them (not to be taken within 2 hours of certain foods) that was instructions in packet.....now i notice instructions have been changed... no mention of not taking with certain foods???????? reading on internet, its even more bewildering.......cal and vit d3 can interfere with other nutriants and medication.

something i cannot figure out is...i have always been very partial to milk and cheese etc.....so how do i end up with osteoporosis and frequent fractures of back.....doctors dont give much info either....so most info has to be searched for...then its contradictory....

however, i shall be asking doctor about higher doses of vit d3.........probaby they will say ,,,your blood levels are now in the normal range.........i wouldnt like to take a higher dose without their approval.........
    Likes yorkslass liked this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by campervanannie View Post
    I'm not one for coming on forums and discussing ill health but I was diagnosed with Rhumatoid Arthritisin 2002 after 4/5 of problems with joints now 15 years later after lots of knee draining and steroid injections and 4/5 different drugs self injections and the rest I finally am on a drug called retuximab it's given introvienously every 6 months which is great and made a massive difference to my life. I have now been diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis and psoriasis the latter is the one I am struggling with I have just had a course of penicillin as one of the scaly things on my an le split and I got an infection that is now cleared up but I cannot seem to keep the scaley things under control I have been prescribed betnovate cream and something called Dovobet gel I am not a depressive type person and am usually very upbeat about my ongoing illnesses but this psoriasis is really getting to me at the moment they want to send me for some sort of light treatment every 4 days for 6 weeks and the side effects on your skin and body do not make for great reading.
    So my question is to fellow psoriasis sufferers what do you use has anyone had this light treatment have you found something out of the ordinary that helps your I don't fancy the light treatment it says going out in the sun whe having this treatment can make you red and burn very easily and can have a lasting effect on how your skin reacts to the sun. Hope this doesn't come across as whining because I'm not I'm just a little fed up and frustrated.

hope you get your problem sorted annie......sorry cannot give any advice, cos i dont know,,,,,,,knew someone a long time ago who had it........used to apply plain yogurt on it good luck whatever treatment you decide upon.........

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido Le Randonneur 763F
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesting Zombie View Post
    Hi ya Annie,
    Psoriasis is awful isn’t it, I really feel for you, it looks horrible, It can be painful & sore, it makes you self conscious, Knocks your confidence & is bound to get you down MORE than once in a while!.
    But most know it’s not contagious, & you being among Friends & People that Know you, will help immensely as People will look past this, understand & Take you for you.
    As far as a remedy or effective Treatment goes,, Moisturiser & Lifestyle management to dump the Stress might be the way forward.
    YES, I suffer BADLY with psoriasis that first hit me around 15 years ago out of the blue & covered 70% of my body (& THATS a lot of Psoriasis Trust me !) leaving me quite literally looking like a Severe Burned Victim To anyone that could stomach gazing at me.
    Now I just have ‘Flare ups’ that come & go but only quite light attack’s really, & even Then only covering say around 35% of my body like I have Now -
    Attachment 61132

Attachment 61133

No, NOT showing you my Belly, Back, Bum etc lol lol but it’s just more of the same.
    Now I’ve tried LOADS of stuff per the years, including light treatment but have to say all to little or no effect in my case.
    I find THIS moisture works for me -
    Attachment 61134
    & because I use SO much of it, I get it from Boots or Superdrug online at 2.99 on offer from the usual 6.00.
    Chin up girl.
    Cheers for that your looks exactly like mine I do feel a bit more upbeat about it now so far mine is on my ankles elbows for arm and back of hands I will order some of that can you tell me what you have used as shower get/ soap I at the moment am using Dove head to toe baby wash it was the gentlest I could find at Tesco to put me on until I find out what others are using thanks for your post.

C359C53C-B7A0-4421-9D66-35B53CECBDA6.jpg I have also found this to help moisturise it.
    Last edited by campervanannie; 13-02-2018 at 16:36.
    Rock bottom is the firm foundation i rebuilt my life on. J k Rowling

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)
    Quote Originally Posted by campervanannie View Post
    Cheers for that your looks exactly like mine I do feel a bit more upbeat about it now so far mine is on my ankles elbows for arm and back of hands I will order some of that can you tell me what you have used as shower get/ soap I at the moment am using Dove head to toe baby wash it was the gentlest I could find at Tesco to put me on until I find out what others are using thanks for your post.
    Yeah over the years when I was being over conscious of my choices I have used Dove in the past, But I actually found it TOO creamy & took LOADS of washing off (Loads of water !), I use to use Just Coconut oil, or Aloe Vera wash & all sorts of other stuff. But have to be Honest Because I’m a very Hairy Zombie (Well,,,Everywhere apart from my Head that is !) I Wash in the Morning then Cream up & then have a Shower most nights & Cream up.
    I just use something like -
    4943FC21-5D73-411D-A42D-8F9F954C0C34.jpg
    Now & a Soft bristled Nail Brush,,, Crazy I know But HELL it fees SOOO good lol lol lol.
    Last edited by Nesting Zombie; 13-02-2018 at 16:56.
    Likes campervanannie liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer
    My husband has suffered on and off with psoriasis over the years and managed to mostly keep it under control with moisturisers and the creams you have been prescribed. He did however find a miracle cure and it cleared up completely while he was undergoing chemotherapy, it has slowly come back since he finished treatment 3 years ago but he is controlling it and it is still not as bad as it has been at its worst. A fairly drastic way to cure psoriasis though.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    HYMER ML I
    Quote Originally Posted by trixie88 View Post
    i have been prescribed 1000 daily..plus calcium tabs......(osteoporosis) would not like to self medicate as yorklass says its all such a delicate balance.........dont like taking med of any sort really because they all have side effects, however, sometimes it is necessary.....

as with calcium tabs....there is such a bewildering instructions when i first started taking them (not to be taken within 2 hours of certain foods) that was instructions in packet.....now i notice instructions have been changed... no mention of not taking with certain foods???????? reading on internet, its even more bewildering.......cal and vit d3 can interfere with other nutrients and medication.

something i cannot figure out is...i have always been very partial to milk and cheese etc.....so how do i end up with osteoporosis and frequent fractures of back.....doctors dont give much info either....so most info has to be searched for...then its contradictory....

however, i shall be asking doctor about higher doses of vit d3.........probaby they will say ,,,your blood levels are now in the normal range.........i wouldnt like to take a higher dose without their approval.........
    I have an idea that MOST doctors in general practice have no idea at all about the research going on now into the levels needed to avoid most of the common deficiency diseases. The all go by guidelines put out years ago and hardly changing. It was always thought that D built up in the fat and would become toxic, but it doesn't ,in fact the fatter the patient the more they need.
    It has recently been increase from a recommended 200 iu's to 600 ius for pregnant women when the latest dose should be 6000 minimum. That is to stop the mothers passing the deficiency to the baby, along with a possibility of rickets and brittle bones. A lot of current prosecutions for child abuse have been overturned when the blood lvels of both mum and baby were found to be woefully low. Calcium supplements MUST have an adequate D3 and K2 level otherwise the calcium is left in the blood to build up in the arteries and kidneys where it is a big problem. (My problem was too high calcium , Hypercalcaemia ,and causing arterial deposits which were blocking my heart arteries, much better after a year of diet and vitamin change)
    Rest assured, I would not be taking the dose I do take, if it was going to harm me. I feel a need to get the deficiency information out to all those that are actually in need of it. NICE is not going to take a U turn anytime soon, as they do not want to look stupid having been too low by miles for all those years. Governments Departments have to keep face and do it slowly.
    I didn't have enough time to take it slowly so I found out what was happening, and I certainly did not want the heart by pass I was being aimed at last year, Have no need for it now the symptoms are still going and I am a damn sight fitter than I was at 45, when it started, now I am 68 and a lot better now than then.
    PS Those that take creams and paraffin based gels MUST NOT SMOKE in bed because it make the sheets into firelighters, and it is estimated by the fire brigades that a hundred or so people have died in fires when the sheets caught fire after a build up of creams made them very flammable.
    Last edited by GWAYGWAY; 13-02-2018 at 20:31. Reason: spelling
    Thanks trixie88 thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 590RL
    Trouble is with a lot of skin problems GP's don't really seem to have a clue how to sort. Hubby got rosacea which they thought was psoriasis to start with, nothing worked they finally said it was rosacea and that there was nothing much they could do to treat it, (the creams etc they gave did no good), then after months and months of trawling the internet and trying various things someone said they had used surgical spirit and tea tree oil, so in desperation he tried it - it worked quite well, its much better now, and surprisingly its worse when he doesn't get any sun. Anything (within reason) is worth trying, but if putting it on the skin do just a small area to start with.

I also hear about the paraffin based creams, after being used for many years it soaks into material (clothing, bedding etc) and unless you do a 90 degree wash it will still be impregnated with it and highly flammable. Lots of deaths caused by this, horrific.
    WestRidingofYorks
    Likes GWAYGWAY, campervanannie liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Elddis Eclipse
    There is a relatively new treatment available on prescription called Enstilar . I used it for 6 weeks last year and ended my treatment at the end of September . I have had no need to treat my affected areas until now . I have just started treatment again and if it's anything like last time I hope to be relatively clear in the next 4 weeks. Although the scales have returned they haven't returned as bad as was previously.
    My understanding when I first started using Enstilar is that not many GP's were prescribing it due to it being new on the market and therefore they possibly aren't all aware of it .

Ask your GP if it's suitable for yourself and if so can he/she prescribe you some , it has been the best treatment I have ever used
    Steve

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkieowl View Post
    and surprisingly its worse when he doesn't get any sun.
    I also hear about the paraffin based creams, after being used for many years it soaks into material (clothing, bedding etc) and unless you do a 90 degree wash it will still be impregnated with it and highly flammable. Lots of deaths caused by this, horrific.
    Yes sunshine is an anti inflammatory helps with eczema although too much sun has risks.

You surprise me about things like Diprobase and Epiderm they do wash out of my clothes on a 40 degree wash, agreed you don't want to set fire to yourself while you are plastered in the ointment.

As a test I just used a metal skewer with a lump of Epiderm and put it in the flames of the gas cooker and it just dripped off, no flames no burning no excitement.

Likes campervanannie, Edina liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido Le Randonneur 763F
    Quote Originally Posted by harrow View Post
    Yes sunshine is an anti inflammatory helps with eczema although too much sun has risks.

You surprise me about things like Diprobase and Epiderm they do wash out of my clothes on a 40 degree wash, agreed you don't want to set fire to yourself while you are plastered in the ointment.

As a test I just used a metal skewer with a lump of Epiderm and put it in the flames of the gas cooker and it just dripped off, no flames no burning no excitement.

Lol was that the scientific test under controlled conditions. 🤞🤞
    Rock bottom is the firm foundation i rebuilt my life on. J k Rowling
    Likes channa, Edina, harrow liked this post
    Thanks harrow thanked for this post

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information