CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: strange birdie

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger

strange birdie

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    daughter came back to her van today to find a robin sat on the worktop,sat looking at her , not bothered, none of that mad panicky flapping about you usually get with birds. sent me a pic of her picking him up to put him out , totally calm. soon as she released him , he flew back into the van , and sat there looking at her. odd

thoracic surgeons take your breath away

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Gazelle
    Quote Originally Posted by n brown View Post
    daughter came back to her van today to find a robin sat on the worktop,sat looking at her , not bothered, none of that mad panicky flapping about you usually get with birds. sent me a pic of her picking him up to put him out , totally calm. soon as she released him , he flew back into the van , and sat there looking at her. odd
    Maybe it wanted feeding Mr.B

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanette View Post
    Maybe it wanted feeding Mr.B
    I think you are right Jeanette, a hard Winter makes them desperate. We now get a Siskin on the feeders. A fairly common bird but never had one in the garden before.

We have fed a pair of Crows in the Country Park for years now. Because of the hard Winter, I have been taking wild bird seed for the small birds and spreading it about. For the last 10 days, a Cock Pheasant has been waiting for us to turn up. He is at the bird seed within 30 seconds of it going down. There is also a cheeky Robin who is not as tame as in Nigels story but he makes a racket to let you know he is there. I put the bird seed on top of a couple of fence posts for him.
    Likes jeanette liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Gazelle
    Thatís what I do put some seed on fence posts nearer the window the robin waits on the garden for me to fill the feeders and we have a few goldfinches and bullfinches, we have a Cock Pheasant that comes into the garden but makes a racket when heís finished feeding! Always feed the birds especially in this cold weather we feed them all year round we donít put nuts out in the warmer weather though!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    i agree on the feeding , but i've never seen a wild bird happy to be picked up - fat litle bugger too !

thoracic surgeons take your breath away
    Likes maingate liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Gazelle
    We had a neighbour who had a tame magpie it was funny to see it hopping up the road and then come into the house,

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by n brown View Post
    nesting zombie was showing some pics of a robin who came into his van....last week i think it was........however, to be able to pick robin up and him to fly back into van....wow that was something special.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    If she trans him well then join the circus,id watch two birds.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    97 sprinter ex police riot van.
    My mums friend was told she couldn't have children. She was in her garden when a Romany lady called by & tried to sell her some flowers & clothes pegs.
    While they were talking, a sparrow flew down & pitched on her pinafore, it stayed there for a few moments & flew off, the Romany looked at her & said "Oh, you're pregnant" my mums friend told her she can't conceive, but the lady assured her she was & even knew she would have a girl!

2 months later it was confirmed!

Strange or what.

Phill
    Learning to dance, where one step forward & two steps back is progress!
    Likes n brown, maingate, jeanette, RoadTrek Boy liked this post

Thread Information