CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: Amazon echo or google home

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail navajo

Amazon echo or google home

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I am trying to decide if I want one of these and if so, which do I go for ? I have I pad and I phone. Would use it for listening to the radio, music and questions for general knowledge crosswords etc. At the moment I donít have any subscriptions to any music types. Want something cheap to use.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    They are utter rubbish.

Mine would not do anything to raise the temperature at home. I had to phone the bloke next door and get him to put some coal on the fire.
    Some people are alive only because it is illegal to shoot them.
    Likes hextal, harrow, DeryneGillian liked this post
    Thanks harrow thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Self-build
    I get the feeling it's just me that finds the idea of sitting a set of 'always on' directional mics, linked to a 3rd party, in the house
    just a tad 1984.
    Likes Makzine, Private, time4t liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 140
    Quote Originally Posted by angelaa View Post
    I am trying to decide if I want one of these and if so, which do I go for ? I have I pad and I phone. Would use it for listening to the radio, music and questions for general knowledge crosswords etc. At the moment I donít have any subscriptions to any music types. Want something cheap to use.
    There's also Apple's very expensive offerings - HomeHub and AirPort - but I'm not sure I'd personally go that route at all. To be honest, you already have most of what you need in the iPad and phone - just add a decent bluetooth speaker. Easy to move around to listen to the radio and music all over the house, plus you can ask your crossword questions of Siri or Google Voice. Mind you, it sounds like fun to have a willing 'techno-slave' at your beck and call

As for music subscriptions, like Apple Music, Amazon Music or Spotify, etc.. whatever gizmo you buy won't make any difference to the cost of the subscription itself. You can use all of these apps on your iPad or iPhone.
    Likes time4t liked this post
    Thanks angelaa thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer 694 - Renault master pvc
    I wonder? a friends house has a Siri and when the kids were making a lot of noise arguing it asked if they wanted it to ring the police 1984 or what also they can't tell lies and asked if they are connected to the CIA they shut down, interesting ?
    When you don't care what anyone thinks of you, you have reached an awesome level of freedom
    Likes Private, hextal, Minisorella, jeanette liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1997 Weinsberg Komet
    Is there not a low power 12 volt option for campervans?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Vauxhall Movano
    Hi
    Just got Amazon Alexa, she's good......Daughter had the Google one but found Alexa better....she has 4 small boys who always ask difficult questions.....Alexa for me, stops all the arguments lol xx
    Fiona
    Likes angelaa, Minisorella liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto sleeper nuevo
    Tess does not need one she just asks phill.
    Likes Minisorella liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Geist Phantom
    I purchased an Amazon Echo last year on one of the Prime sale days (so much reduced price even though they are cheap) as I heard they were going to bring Sonos integration out later in the year.

It does now control the Sonos kit but last time I checked there were problems with Apple Music due to Apple bringing their own version out.

Ours works well although we rarely use it
    Likes angelaa liked this post

Thread Information