CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Nice little earner.

  1. #11

    Member Number
    24231
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    767
    Motorhome
    Autosleper Nuevo ES


    CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezi View Post
    Who said he was ?

    Dezi
    Ey-up, when someone says "late" in that context they don't mean they missed the bus. It's a common polite softly way of saying ... kicked the bucket, moved on, departed these fair shores, popped off this mortal coil etc. etc ?
    Last edited by Mul; 10-03-2018 at 11:31.
    If at 1st you don't succeed ... skydiving probably isn't for you

  2. #12
    Pauljenny's Avatar
    Pauljenny is offline International Bon Viveur
    Name: Not George Clooney
    Spouse: Long suffering

    Member Number
    32024
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    6,758
    Location
    Touring around Blighty in a white box.
    Motorhome
    Bentley Indigo
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    You been on the booze again,think its your pocket allowence from wify that you are on about
    Can't fault your logic, Trev.
    But you can't fault my mathematics.

    How else could I finance her lifestyle?

    I've done my hour's work this week.

    Now enjoying the results.
    IMG_20180310_113103.jpg
    It's not where you live... It's HOW you live..

  3. #13

    Member Number
    4387
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,319
    Motorhome
    Murvi Morello
    Quote Originally Posted by Mul View Post
    Erm, when someone says "late" in that context they don't mean they missed the bus. It's a common polite softly way of saying ... kicked the bucket, moved on, departed these fair shores, popped off this mortal coil etc. etc.


    I cannot fault your logic Mul except for one teensie weensie nit picking little thing, and I am not sure how I can gently break it to you gently.

    Bite the bullet lad, but Yosser Hughes was a fictional charactor created by a playwright, a bit like Shakespeares Rosalind in "As you like it", or so I've heard .

    Yosser has ceased to be since some time in the 1980s so I think we can safetly say "the late departed".

    Next week Pedants' Corner will back in its normal spot in Private Eye.

    Dezi
    Likes winks liked this post

  4. #14

    Member Number
    7973
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,010
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    I like that William Shakespove as well Dezi.

    He did his best work during his Punk era in the 80's.
    1

  5. #15

    Member Number
    24231
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    767
    Motorhome
    Autosleper Nuevo ES
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezi View Post




    I cannot fault your logic Mul except for one teensie weensie nit picking little thing, and I am not sure how I can gently break it to you gently.

    but Yosser Hughes was a fictional charactor created by a playwright, a bit like Shakespeares Rosalind in "As you like it", or so I've heard .

    Yosser has ceased to be since some time in the 1980s so I think we can safetly say "the late departed".

    Next week Pedants' Corner will back in its normal spot in Private Eye.

    Dezi

    I cannot fault your logic Dezi except for one teensie weensie nit picking little thing -> Bite the bullet lad, Yosser didn't die (the program just ended) so whether fictional character or real actor "late" was still, and I am not sure how I can gently break it to you gently, still wrong.

    Mul
    If at 1st you don't succeed ... skydiving probably isn't for you

  6. #16

    Member Number
    4387
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,319
    Motorhome
    Murvi Morello
    Quote Originally Posted by Mul View Post
    I cannot fault your logic Dezi except for one teensie weensie nit picking little thing -> Bite the bullet lad, Yosser didn't die (the program just ended) so whether fictional character or real actor "late" was still, and I am not sure how I can gently break it to you gently, still wrong.

    Mul


    I am beginning to lose the will to live now.

    In this World of yours Mull is it just fictional screen charactors who live forever, do we include other fictional charactors like winnie the pooh,

    piglet from Wind in the willows,or from science fiction we could have Donand Trump.

    YouTube

    Dezi

  7. #17

    Member Number
    50391
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,859
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Last time I sold a house I had to pay for a stupid EPC. I asked the estate agent how many people ask to see them. She told me that nobody ever asks to see them. The last house I bought presumably had one, but I never saw it.
    Pointless waste of money, based on nothing worthwhile. And you have to pay for them. At least they not as bad as smart meters.

  8. #18

    Member Number
    74993
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    12
    Location
    England
    Good earner but I bet it gets pretty tedious! I'd rather earn half that and do something I enjoy

  9. #19

    Member Number
    3609
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,173
    Motorhome
    Swift Kontiki 640
    Its a good earner if he is doing it constantly but 45 for a visit and a report seems cheap to me. The next job might be an hours drive away or more. Paper work, expenses etc. I generally charge 65 an hour for IT services, sometimes more sometimes less but even when I was super busy (Semi retired now) your not doing that all day and every day. No add on sales either, hes not selling you any kit or subscriptions. For all you know he might only do two a day which would be about basic wage.

  10. #20

    Member Number
    25357
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,355
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezi View Post




    I am beginning to lose the will to live now.

    In this World of yours Mull is it just fictional screen charactors who live forever, do we include other fictional charactors like winnie the pooh,

    piglet from Wind in the willows,or from science fiction we could have Donand Trump.

    YouTube

    Dezi
    Is Piglet dead ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •