CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Nice little earner.

  1. #1

    Member Number
    4387
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,350
    Motorhome
    Murvi Morello

    Nice little earner.



    CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I am selling a property, a flat.

    Today I had the surveyer come to do the EPC rating, in and out in twenty minutes.

    This is the my first time with this particular gentleman and talking to him he informed me that he had 14 properties
    to do to day.

    Apparently he is also doing a lot of surveys for Eon energy because in this area some individuals qualify
    for free loft insulation from Eon.

    Totting up his figures at 45 for twenty minutes work, times 14 per day = 3,150 pw

    x 45 weeks per year = 140,1750. per year.

    To quote the late, great Yosser Hughes "Gis a job mate, Ican do that".

    Dezi
    Likes yeoblade, trevskoda liked this post
    Thanks Pauljenny thanked for this post

  2. #2

    Member Number
    56601
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    11,760
    Location
    Mid Devon
    Motorhome
    Old bus
    Other man's grass is always greener?

  3. #3
    Pauljenny's Avatar
    Pauljenny is offline Retired Exotic Dancer
    Name: Not George Clooney
    Spouse: Long suffering

    Member Number
    32024
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7,019
    Location
    Touring around Europe in a white box.
    Motorhome
    Bentley Indigo
    As a pensioner. I still have to do about an hour a week, every week of the year, keeping my bank accounts shipshape.... At a rough estimate, that's about 500 an hour. Tax, NICs. and pension contributions free.

    40 hours a week.... Equals 20 grand... About a million quid a year, round figures.

    What would I have to gross to be left with that, after deductions, if I was working?
    I could afford to go part-time.

    So, crawling around in peoples dusty lofts, surveying in the rain?

    Nah... !
    I wouldn't get out of bed, for his wages.

    I hope you gave the poor chap a handsome tip?
    It's not where you live... It's HOW you live..

  4. #4

    Member Number
    46529
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,288
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    they dont crawl around in dusty lofts - if you are lucky they will open the roof hatch and peer in - or just write "access denied due to furniture impedence". They also assume masses about the property based on others they have done in the past. Some are ok some are useless. If you get two done in the same week betcha they give different results by difference inspectors... another bureaucratic time-wasting-money-consuming-nonsensical-bit of froth
    Last edited by delicagirl; 09-03-2018 at 17:10.

  5. #5

    Member Number
    22267
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,901
    Quote Originally Posted by delicagirl View Post
    they dont crawl around in dusty lofts - if you are lucky they will open the roof hatch and peer in - or just write "accessed deny due to furniture impedence". They also assume masses about the property based on others they have done in the past. Some are ok some are useless. If you get two done in the same week betcha they give different results by difference inspectors... another bureaucratic time-wasting-money-consuming-nonsensical-bit of froth
    When I was trying to move house prior to cancer I just had the cheapest EPC report on my house because they are required and just a hoop to jump through.



    I think I paid about 24, a waste of money but you have to do it.
    Last edited by harrow; 09-03-2018 at 16:29. Reason: added
    Likes delicagirl, yeoblade, trevskoda, Private liked this post

  6. #6

    Member Number
    24231
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    781
    Motorhome
    Autosleper Nuevo ES
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezi View Post

    To quote the late, great Yosser Hughes "Gis a job mate, Ican do that".

    Dezi
    ... Bernard Hill aint dead ( crackin' gritty series, havent watched it for years. Just going thro' LOTR extended AGAIN.!?
    If at 1st you don't succeed ... skydiving probably isn't for you

  7. #7

    Member Number
    37932
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,200
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 630G (X250)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezi View Post
    I am selling a property, a flat.

    Today I had the surveyer come to do the EPC rating, in and out in twenty minutes.
    .........

    Totting up his figures at 45 for twenty minutes work, times 14 per day = 3,150 pw

    x 45 weeks per year = 140,1750. per year.

    To quote the late, great Yosser Hughes "Gis a job mate, Ican do that".

    Dezi
    But your calculation is flawed - Expenses!

    The Range Rover he turned up in doesn't pay for itself.

    The weeks training would have cost him.

    Estate Agent that recommended him will want his cut.

    (Another bureaucratic job creation scheme)

    And as said, the accuracy of the 'survey' makes it useless.
    Swift 630G
    in the boot
    Likes trevskoda, GWAYGWAY liked this post

  8. #8

    Member Number
    25133
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,554
    Location
    Glengormley
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauljenny View Post
    As a pensioner. I still have to do about an hour a week, every week of the year, keeping my bank accounts shipshape.... At a rough estimate, that's about 500 an hour. Tax, NICs. and pension contributions free.

    40 hours a week.... Equals 20 grand... About a million quid a year, round figures.

    What would I have to gross to be left with that, after deductions, if I was working?
    I could afford to go part-time.

    So, crawling around in peoples dusty lofts, surveying in the rain?

    Nah... !
    I wouldn't get out of bed, for his wages.

    I hope you gave the poor chap a handsome tip?
    You been on the booze again,think its your pocket allowence from wify that you are on about
    Only dirty people wash

  9. #9

    Member Number
    4387
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,350
    Motorhome
    Murvi Morello
    Quote Originally Posted by Mul View Post
    ... Bernard Hill aint dead ( crackin' gritty series, havent watched it for years. Just going thro' LOTR extended AGAIN.!?
    Who said he was ?

    Dezi

  10. #10

    Member Number
    4387
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,350
    Motorhome
    Murvi Morello
    Quote Originally Posted by yeoblade View Post
    But your calculation is flawed - Expenses!

    The Range Rover he turned up in doesn't pay for itself.

    The weeks training would have cost him.

    Estate Agent that recommended him will want his cut.

    (Another bureaucratic job creation scheme)

    And as said, the accuracy of the 'survey' makes it useless.
    You have missed out the champagne lunches at the unfortunately named "Shpoons & Forx" I kid you not, in Bournemouth.

    Schpoons & Forx | Seasonally Driven, Locally Sourced.

    Dezi
    Likes yeoblade liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •