police are hunting the terrierists and are following all leads
    too blessed to be stressed
    Likes time4t, 2cv, runnach, mark61, Goggles liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    97 sprinter ex police riot van.
    hoping to make a collar or two

Phill
    Learning to dance, where one step forward & two steps back is progress!
    Likes runnach liked this post

Member Number
    Least winner of BIS had the right idea....
    Grab your Whippet and retire to safe distance till someone sorted the idiots out.

Mind our little brindle whirlwind would have had the idiots by the knackers in short order. 20161106_150318.jpg
    Likes runnach, channa, time4t liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    MAN 7.5T
    I don't always agree with PETA and their methods,but on this occasion I couldn't agree more,the likes of Crufts and Kennel Club should be ashamed of what they've done to dogs. Selective standards and breeding is not the way forward for healthy annals and style over substance seems to be their only motivation.
    The last time someone tried to standardise breeding,he died in a Berlin bunker,if he'd had his way Europe would now be full of beautiful,retarded and unhealthy people.
    Why is this ok for dogs.
    668,the neighbour of the beast.
    Thanks martinmartin thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    ironic that PETA should also allegedly have euthanasia vans for the quick dispatch of creatures they purport to save . nobody comes out smelling of roses in this debacle
    Last edited by n brown; 12-03-2018 at 21:55.
    too blessed to be stressed
    Likes martinmartin liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacar
    No better than the bleedin' idiots who set the mink free that are now decimating all sorts of wildlife.
    A yawn is just a silent scream for beer.
    Likes mistericeman liked this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    I don't always agree with PETA and their methods,but on this occasion I couldn't agree more,the likes of Crufts and Kennel Club should be ashamed of what they've done to dogs. Selective standards and breeding is not the way forward for healthy annals and style over substance seems to be their only motivation.
    The last time someone tried to standardise breeding,he died in a Berlin bunker,if he'd had his way Europe would now be full of beautiful,retarded and unhealthy people.
    Why is this ok for dogs.
    I think you may have missed the point!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    Why is this ok for dogs.
    None of the final 7 Dogs looked to have any deformities to me. No flat faced dogs or lame ones.

I can also verify that the winning dog comes from a loving home and her Breeder is ethical and looks after all the dogs she has bred. I know them both, my Wife knows them both very well.

As for the Kennel Club, it is Breeders who have mutated the shape of dog breeds. The KC has a written Breed Standard for each breed. This recognised by each Breed Association. If the KC is guilty of anything, it is of not policing the Breeders firmly enough.

Crufts has nothing directly to do with anything. There are Championship Dog Shows around the UK all year round. To get to the Crufts Championship Show, a Dog needs to qualify by winning or being placed at an earlier Championship Show. There are a small amount of ways that certain Breeds can get to Crufts without that but the numbers are very small.

If you are really upset about the treatment of dogs, then go and find the Puppy Farms churning out neglected and ill puppies and get them stopped. Or try and stop the import of large numbers of the same from Eastern Europe.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    PETA are right to ask questions , there entrenched distorted views however and the way they fight there concerns is at best questionable.

As Ral suggests letting minks loose is wonderful but the havoc caused to indigenous wildlife is given scant regard.

I love my snakes and other reptiles part of a zoological licence is to have a breeding programme in our case it was poison dart frogs, I have a male crawl cay boa who I hope to breed with and along with others re introduce to the wild (8 left on a survey) There is a lot of work , re enriching environments especially within private collections.

The issues within some commercial environments and where PETA have valid opinion money is allocated to new childrens playgrounds etc and very little allocated to animal enrichment,

Public as a rule are totally unaware of the rules we have to follow in a zoo, for example any death of an animal an autopsy carried out if it is a husbandry issue then hopefully can be addressed.

Aside in my opinion if my snakes are breeding, then they are reasonably happy, Pythons particularly are very environmentally sensitive

Channa
    Likes time4t liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    MAN 7.5T
    Quote Originally Posted by maingate View Post
    None of the final 7 Dogs looked to have any deformities to me. No flat faced dogs or lame ones.

I can also verify that the winning dog comes from a loving home and her Breeder is ethical and looks after all the dogs she has bred. I know them both, my Wife knows them both very well.

As for the Kennel Club, it is Breeders who have mutated the shape of dog breeds. The KC has a written Breed Standard for each breed. This recognised by each Breed Association. If the KC is guilty of anything, it is of not policing the Breeders firmly enough.

Crufts has nothing directly to do with anything. There are Championship Dog Shows around the UK all year round. To get to the Crufts Championship Show, a Dog needs to qualify by winning or being placed at an earlier Championship Show. There are a small amount of ways that certain Breeds can get to Crufts without that but the numbers are very small.

If you are really upset about the treatment of dogs, then go and find the Puppy Farms churning out neglected and ill puppies and get them stopped. Or try and stop the import of large numbers of the same from Eastern Europe.
    I note you were quick to say there's no flat faced breeds or lame dogs in the show,I hadn't mentioned either so presumably you are aware of the problems caused by breed standards. Although Crufts isn't directly related to the KC,it is their breed standards which are applied to all entrants,and entrants must have KC membership.
    I don't doubt most breeders are humane,dog loving types,but as long as they are constrained by these ridiculous breed standards then the carnage will continue.
    Diversity is the basis of all life and these standards seek to take that away from dogs,does anyone really care if a dog is X too tall,or its colour isn't quite Y? There was a time when dogs were bred for function over form,that has now been reversed to favour form over function.
    The British Vets Assoc. and RSPCA have tried to get breed standards changed,but apparently the KC know better,a recent example being Cavalier King Charles that are dieing in horrific ways because the breed standard has now made their brain cavity too small for their brains to grow into. People pay the price in vet bills,and dogs pay the price with shortened or painful lives.
    Something has to change.
    668,the neighbour of the beast.
    Likes alcam liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information