CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal garden shed

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mercedes 814

Metal garden shed

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Anyone bought,and can recommend any suppliers of the above,looking for approx 10'x8' size...Done a search and many seem to have a lot of neg feedback regarding quality,parts missing damage etc.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    Quote Originally Posted by karakachan View Post
    Anyone bought,and can recommend any suppliers of the above,looking for approx 10'x8' size...Done a search and many seem to have a lot of neg feedback regarding quality,parts missing damage etc.
    My daughter bought one, (Not sure where from though).

She said she would never have one again due to terrible condensation problems.
    Likes tribute11 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)
    The one I have had experience of was Thin, Flimsy, Very Low ‘Head butting’ internal beams, & the Sliding Doors kept Buckling & Falling off !.
    Likes time4t liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper suffolk/ Mercedes sprinter b
    I bought one and would never recommend anyone buying one they are flimsy and not secure, and if like me you are in an area where it gets windy then it just destroys them

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Get someone to make you up a metal frame,then buy the sheets pre cut with the cloth type anti drip lining,these can then ither be dome head bolted or large head rivited onto the frame,1000 times better than shop cr-p working out about 20% less money to.
    Last edited by trevskoda; 13-03-2018 at 11:18.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes helen262, time4t liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Quote Originally Posted by karakachan View Post
    I looked at metal garage, called company to enquire on material thickness, .3mm thick, which I could cut through with a Stanley knife, needless to say, I didn't make the purchase.
    Likes trevskoda, time4t liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    97 sprinter ex police riot van.
    Almost all single skin steel panel sheds will suffer from condensation, they'll also require some kind of reinforcing.

What's wrong with a wooden shed?

If you want a steel panelled shed then the best way if you like DIY is to build one. the cost of my workshop is less than £1500.
    It's 18ft long by 13ft wide by 10ft high (internal dimensions), it's built using 80mm thick composite steel panels which I bought secondhand, it has secondhand RSJ's for the ridge, eves, floor & corner upright beams.

The floor is made from secondhand & new scaffolding boards laid on new 10" by 2" tanalised beams, with one steel beam in the centre.

Iv'e been told that I could have done it for less if I had used Z purlins but I like RSJ's!!

Composite sheets are the way to go but it really needs 2 people to handle them safely.

Hope this helps

Phill
    Last edited by time4t; 13-03-2018 at 11:12.
    Learning to dance, where one step forward & two steps back is progress!
    Likes Edina liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Old bus
    Quote Originally Posted by time4t View Post
    Almost all single skin steel panel sheds will suffer from condensation, they'll also require some kind of reinforcing.

If you want a steel panelled shed then the best way if you like DIY is to build one. the cost of my workshop is less than £1500.
    It's 18ft long by 13ft wide by 10ft high (internal dimensions), it's built using 80mm thick composite steel panels which I bought secondhand, it has secondhand RSJ's for the ridge, eves, floor & corner upright beams.

The floor is made from secondhand & new scaffolding boards laid on new 10" by 2" tanalised beams, with one steel beam in the centre.

Iv'e been told that I could have done it for less if I had used Z purlins but I like RSJ's!!

Composite sheets are the way to go but it really needs 2 people to handle them safely.

Hope this helps

Phill

That's not a shed, it's a nuclear shelter - but I wish I had one like it
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    97 sprinter ex police riot van.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edina View Post
    That's not a shed, it's a nuclear shelter - but I wish I had one like it
    Yes, & my wife wishes it was finished!!

Phill
    Learning to dance, where one step forward & two steps back is progress!
    Likes Edina liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Quote Originally Posted by time4t View Post

Hope this helps

Phill
    The ultimate man cave.

I have recently purchased a 20x8 foot shipping container, which is to replace my crumbling brick and wood workshop, I wanted the quick fix, hence container purchase. Delivery pending.

Ps, cost just under a grand with delivery, some welding is required and, I managed to get a significant amount off, as cheap welders are hard to find!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information