CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: R t dot com

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 140

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Dual booting is a good idea for legacy software, as long as there's enough space on the unused partition. There are a few options. If you're using a desktop PC, another solution might be to pop in another hard drive to keep everything completely separate, then you can change the boot order of the drives to suit whichever system you want to use. Booting up from an external hard drive via usb is a thought or you can use 'virtual machine' software and load the 2nd operating system in there. I won't spoil your fun any more Channa! Good luck with the project
    Likes channa liked this post

Nabsim is offline Full Member
    Name: Nabs (Neil)
    Spouse: Caz

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Geist Phantom
    Windows 7 and above comes with everything you need to run virtual machines you just need to turn it on

Well if you are running Pro versions it is included but seems may not be on Home. You can get round it though if you have a Google or my preferred option is VMware if you like dabbling haha
    Likes channa liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    hi all - i went into control panel today - gulp!! As you all suggested - i looked for and found the update bit and it said the latest update had been done early today - and there is one update available which it wants to update. I guess this is because i have not clicked yes on a little dialogue box which comes up now and again for updates. So i guess my new IT man has left the updating process on - but i have to choose to use it when the little dialogue box comes on. i will do that next time i see it. Thanks everyone
    Likes channa, Minisorella, Nabsim liked this post

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information