Wooie1958 is offline That`s Nice.
    Name: Hey You
    Spouse: Yes M`Lady

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL

World Record ?

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    French motorhome just pulled into the aire and it was just 15 seconds before the satellite dish went up

Is this a record ?
    Did I mention I`d Won In The 1000 Giveaway
    Likes Full Member liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    autotrail imala715
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooie1958 View Post
    French motorhome just pulled into the aire and it was just 15 seconds before the satellite dish went up

Is this a record ?
    can't be a record as a record is smaller ,black and a hole in it.
    Unless it's a 78, that's cm not rpm.

You load the gun and I'll pull the trigger.
    Last edited by rockape; 14-05-2018 at 19:20.
    NEVER raise your hand to your kids,, it leaves your groin unprotected.
    Likes N/A, trevskoda, Tezza33 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    No its the new radar detector sniffing out council no camping ticket wardens
    Only dirty people wash

Pauljenny is offline Retired Exotic Dancer
    Name: Not George Clooney
    Spouse: Long suffering

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Indigo
    Some of them never take the aerial down, even on the move.
    The wives often sit in the back, while the van is underway. She needs something to stop her getting bored.
    We have often spent a couple of nights on an aire and never seen Madame outside the van.
    Funny chap, Johnny Frog.
    Last edited by Pauljenny; 14-05-2018 at 20:34.
    It's not where you live... It's HOW you live..
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    no , our experience is different . the French van arrives and pulls in about 3 metres away from its neighbour. there is a moment of anticipation . then madame steps out, wearing the uniform of short grey hair , blouse and pedal pushers, and some sort of espadrilles and accompanied by a small yapper. she quickly assesses the situation, gets the chocks out and starts shouting instructions in a stentorian voice until the van is levelled to her satisfaction. picking up the yappy thing, she re-enters the van with a good slam of the door and the dish goes up- never see them again until just before the guy comes round for the money, when they disappear with the dog for a walk

thoracic surgeons take your breath away
    Likes rockape, Pauljenny liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto-trail Scout
    At the municipal aire in Arromanches a couple of days ago, one French outfit arrived complete with scooter on a trailer, took the next bay to ours with the trailer up-ended at the back of the bay and then parked the scooter on the concrete slab leading to a gully that everyone was using for grey water disposal. Another French outfit arrived and, despite there being three empty regular bays, parked in the bay dedicated to the borne. So nobody could pump and dump. I thought he was filling up with water, ditching the contents of his cassette or getting an hour's worth of electricity for the princely sum of 2, but he stayed there all night. Somehow, a rapidly deployed satellite dish seems small potatoes compared with the thoughtlessness shown by those two ... particularly since I was unable to dump grey water before moving off and had the grey-water-full alarm ringing in my ears all day!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bailey Autograph 625
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffL View Post
    At the municipal aire in Arromanches a couple of days ago, one French outfit arrived complete with scooter on a trailer, took the next bay to ours with the trailer up-ended at the back of the bay and then parked the scooter on the concrete slab leading to a gully that everyone was using for grey water disposal. Another French outfit arrived and, despite there being three empty regular bays, parked in the bay dedicated to the borne. So nobody could pump and dump. I thought he was filling up with water, ditching the contents of his cassette or getting an hour's worth of electricity for the princely sum of 2, but he stayed there all night. Somehow, a rapidly deployed satellite dish seems small potatoes compared with the thoughtlessness shown by those two ... particularly since I was unable to dump grey water before moving off and had the grey-water-full alarm ringing in my ears all day!
    Oh dear & I thought a French couple were being selfish when they stayed on the dump point to add the disgusting fluid to the cassette etc. once it was emptied. Couldn't tap my foot loudly enough!
    =^..^=

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Kontiki 640
    Quote Originally Posted by n brown View Post
    no , our experience is different . the French van arrives and pulls in about 3 metres away from its neighbour. there is a moment of anticipation . then madame steps out, wearing the uniform of short grey hair , blouse and pedal pushers, and some sort of espadrilles and accompanied by a small yapper. she quickly assesses the situation, gets the chocks out and starts shouting instructions in a stentorian voice until the van is levelled to her satisfaction. picking up the yappy thing, she re-enters the van with a good slam of the door and the dish goes up- never see them again until just before the guy comes round for the money, when they disappear with the dog for a walk
    I always find this procedure hilarious. Somehow though its more fun watching the German women shouting instructions though.

Mrs D vowed from day one she was never doing that. I wouldnt let her anyway. Its a matter of pride that I reverse or pull forward onto the blocks unaided. I could do it blindfolded now.

r4dent is offline Mostly Harmless
    Name: Pete
    Spouse: Liza

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bailey Approach
    Quote Originally Posted by n brown View Post
    madame steps out ...starts shouting instructions in a stentorian voice until the van is leveled to her satisfaction.

They should use the technique we saw a GB couple use on a Spansh site.

SWMBO gets out and phones her other half.

He Bluetooths his phone to the van so he can use the phone hand free.

They have a quite conversation until the van is where they want to be.

Clever really. We keep meaning to do it, but never remember until we are half way down the first glass of wine.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Pauljenny is offline Retired Exotic Dancer
    Name: Not George Clooney
    Spouse: Long suffering

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Indigo
    There is a French equivalent to us... Campingcaristes. Sauvage.fr.
    They are running a similar thread about the antics of us Brits, who turn up on their aires.
    It's like a mirror image.

They say that we have such big dogs in our vans..far too big to carry anywhere.

They say our ladies sit outside their vans, drinking, talking and totally ignoring the TV.
    They are appalled to see that we don't have lace net curtains on the windows.
    But what really upsets them is our insisting on only speaking English, eating only traditional English food and wilfully mispronouncing the names of their towns.

Parriss? Lions? Ashby dee lah zoosh..?
    It's no wonder they hate us.
    It's not where you live... It's HOW you live..
    Likes jagmanx, rockape, Edina, RoadTrek Boy liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information