CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Going off half cocked

Member Number

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by n brown View Post
    take a pretty clever stencil to print off any of those pics ! pretty much gone are those days , when you could point to some flash on the wall and ask for the third one down , now the artist has to translate the clients often weird and tangled fantasy into a coherent pic ,often on the spot - and that's a special talent .
    as for a waiting time to see if you really want one done , you'd have to book 6 months ahead if you wanted one off my kids ,or any decent artist, that should be long enough !
    Nigel this was recent, I thought you had to be an artist ?

She works in Portsmouth

Nabsim is offline Full Member
    Name: Nabs (Neil)
    Spouse: Caz

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Geist Phantom
    Quote Originally Posted by izwozral View Post
    Don't ever get pished on scrumpy and have a bottle of Indian ink and a sewing needle in reach. That's what happened to me as a 13 year old and in my drunken state I decided to tattoo RAL on my hand. I got as far as creating a black blob before I passed out. Yup, it's still there and it looks sh1t.
    Ha Ha Ral, I was 17 and it wasn't booze but I did similar

However I did get my first 'proper' one done about 10 years ago so that was a long cooling off period. Personally though I dont give a feck about what others think, if I want to tattoo anywhere then its my body, my choice.

Why folks moan about stuff others do that doesn't harm them in any way I dont know
    Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Likes mistericeman, n brown, Robmac, izwozral liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    Has anyone else noticed how a tattoo on the leg changes the whole body profile and makes someone look lopsided.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    Quote Originally Posted by harrow View Post
    Nigel this was recent, I thought you had to be an artist ?

She works in Portsmouth
    Pompey probably has loads of tattoo shops, and i wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them are old school using flash cards to entice all those young sailors to have traditional style tats.
    anyone happy to work off stencils can get a machine , buy someone else's pics and make their own stencils with biro and vaseline , no artistic skills needed. or perhaps mum didn't realise an artist may use a stencil to work out the sizing of the tat , and where all the elements are in relation to each other.
    too blessed to be stressed

Nabsim is offline Full Member
    Name: Nabs (Neil)
    Spouse: Caz

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Geist Phantom
    When I had mine done they had stencil books, this was at an event though. I think it depends on where you go and what you want as to whether it is completely free hand or not. I have seen on tv where they will sketch out the outline then print it as a stencil/transfer that they then put on the patient, victim or whatever haha It still needs an artistic ent to be able to make the stencil. Of course there are both ends of that as well, some who only ever use shop bought stencils and some who do all free hand.

A good tattooist can be booked up months or even years in advance for freehand work. Someone mention a Hells Angel in an earlier post, an awful lot of the smaller tattoo shops are owned/run by members of bike clubs and have seen some wonderful tattoos so dont worry too much
    Don't Worry, Be Happy

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    I've got a mate who is a tattooist, so if I wanted another I don't have to wait too long (or pay!).

Can't see me having any more at my age though.

A skinhead, covered in tattoos and piercings often comes into my local. He looks and acts quite menacing. But if you imagine him without the tattoos and piercings and with hair, you wouldn't think twice about punching his runty little face in.
    Likes Nabsim, RoadTrek Boy, izwozral liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B660SL
    Hi, I have several tattoos, all done since the age of 50 and each has a meaning to me and my wife including the 2 black Norse/Celtic symbols, there's 1 more tattoo to come but that has got to wait a few months.

Graham
    Likes Nabsim liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    urprising how many older folk decide a tat was on their bucket list !
    and then they get hooked, one of my dtr's clients had her first just after her 70th birthday, and has had more since

here's jeff gogue -might not be art but i like it ! Attachment 65371

Attachment 65372
    too blessed to be stressed
    Likes mariesnowgoose, jeanette liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information