Name: Marie
    Spouse: She's going bald too

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooie1958 View Post
    Just got the final bill from British Gas, £1,891.63

The final readings are nothing like the final readings i gave and are way ahead of what they are even now

I`ve cancelled the Direct Debit and i`ll pay once it`s sorted out.

The main reason i finished with they is because they were always fannying around with my monthly payments and this just confirms it
    That's exactly what we did with Unicom.

In the end we didn't pay them a penny. They got fined by Ofcom instead (not just for us but a whole load of other customers they'd also been ripping off)

Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    There but for the grace of God go I

Member Number
    Switching energy supplier if you’re in debt
    This advice applies to England Print
    Whether you can switch supplier if you’re in debt to your gas or electricity supplier depends on how long you’ve owed the money.

You've been in debt for 28 days or less
    If you've owed the money to your supplier for 28 days or less, you can switch supplier. The debt will be added to your final bill from your old supplier.

You've been in debt for more than 28 days
    If you've owed the money to your supplier for more than 28 days, you can't switch supplier until you've paid the money back.

If your supplier tells you they're raising their prices and you decide to switch, you'll have 30 days to pay off the debt before they can stop you.

You can't be stopped from switching if it's your supplier's fault that you're in debt - for example because they've estimated your bill wrong. If you do owe them money you'll still need to pay this when you get your old supplier's final bill.

If you have a prepayment meter
    There are different rules for switching supplier if you pay in advance for your gas and electricity.

You can switch supplier unless you owe more than £500 for gas or £500 for electricity.

You’ll need to ask the new supplier to agree to transfer your debt along with your supply (this is called the ‘Debt Assignment Protocol’).

If your supplier doesn’t let you switch
    Your supplier might try to stop you from switching, even if you're entitled to. If this happens, you should make a complaint.

If you have a prepayment meter, you might want to write to your supplier and explain that you have the right to switch. Use our template letter to help you.

How to switch supplier
    Find out how to switch supplier if you’re entitled to.

Further help
    If you’re having problems switching supplier, contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline.

link

Switching energy supplier if you’re in debt - Citizens Advice
    Likes R0B liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Gazelle
    Quote Originally Posted by harrow View Post
    Not now trixie, I pay about £11 a month currently with plusnet.

But it was with EE with a massive cash back cheque so it worked out to £2 a month for a phone line and broadband.

Both are actually provided by BT
    My youngest son is with EE and he gets a great deal and he always has can’t remember what he pays now though

Wooie1958 is offline Cupid Stunt
    Name: Hey You
    Spouse: Yes M`Lady

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    Already moved, the final bill should be approx £169 given the final readings

Spoke to them on the phone and the young child / work experience person i spoke to said that it was computer generated so it would be correct.

I told them to get a grown up to ring me back, nothing yet.
    Trust No One
    Likes winks, R0B liked this post

Wooie1958 is offline Cupid Stunt
    Name: Hey You
    Spouse: Yes M`Lady

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    Just had a grown up from British Gas ring me to sort out the problem.

Eventually they agreed the £1891.63 was incorrect but they couldn`t or wouldn`t comment on how that figure had been worked out.

They then agreed it should be £169.27 and as a sign of goodwill for a long serving customer would reduce the bill to £169.27.

This has been confirmed by email and a new final bill.
    Trust No One

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Peugeot Tabbert
    Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    The reason TalkTalk is cheaper is not because they run on wafer thin margins, it's because their service is crap. They don't rent enough backhaul capacity. Their CS is understaffed and under-resourced.

If you are happy to pay a cheap price for less good service, that's a valid choice. But don't fool yourself into thinking you are getting a bargain: you are just buying cheap.
    I'd guess 90%+ customers never have a problem, so it doesn't matter to them. Been with Talk Talk for 6 years now, cheap and haven't ever had to contact them.

You're right though of course, as also with energy suppliers they offer cheaper tariffs by underemploying, some of them are virtually impossible to contact.

I work in the industry on the technical side but some of the stories from customers, whew... For the vast majority it's smooth but when things go wrong, getting it sorted takes ages as it's almost impossible to reach anyone competent enough to help.

If they screw up my advice is just stop paying them - best way of gettting them to focus on the situation and resolve it.
    Likes maingate liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasinbeer View Post
    I'd guess 90%+ customers never have a problem, so it doesn't matter to them. Been with Talk Talk for 6 years now, cheap and haven't ever had to contact them.

You're right though of course, as also with energy suppliers they offer cheaper tariffs by underemploying, some of them are virtually impossible to contact.

I work in the industry on the technical side but some of the stories from customers, whew... For the vast majority it's smooth but when things go wrong, getting it sorted takes ages as it's almost impossible to reach anyone competent enough to help.

If they screw up my advice is just stop paying them
    - best way of gettting them to focus on the situation and resolve it.
    Very true. I have just had one year with Green Star Energy for my Gas and Electricity. They are absolutely useless and I am pleased to get away from them. I stopped my Direct Debit some time ago but I am still waiting for them to supply my Bill to settle the Account. If anyone is thinking of changing supplier, avoid Green Star Energy.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 590RL
    Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Are you one of the millions of people whose details were stolen in data leaks - twice? For which TalkTalk have been fined the biggest fone ever by thr dat registrar, but neglected to tell their customers about?

You may not have had a problem yet, but when you do, there is no help. And you probably will, because of their overselling business model

The reason TalkTalk is cheaper is not because they run on wafer thin margins, it's because their service is crap. They don't rent enough backhaul capacity. Their CS is understaffed and under-resourced.

If you are happy to pay a cheap price for less good service, that's a valid choice. But don't fool yourself into thinking you are getting a bargain: you are just buying cheap.
    Don't think we were, we've been with Talk Talk from the start, and other than a few minor hiccups in the past, which were always sorted out ok, we've not had any problems until this last year, you cannot now seem to get them to understand, we've been going round in circles since Aug 2017, thankfully our contract is ending this month, and it's now in the hands of the ombudsman, it's not a great amount of money we may end up paying for cancelling our DR, but it's the principle, luckily we have all transcripts, emails, letters etc from Talk Talk, one adviser asked if we were happy with the service, hubby said up until recently, her reply - oh that's good then!!!
    WestRidingofYorks

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleepers Symbol campervan
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkieowl View Post
    Great stuff, we too left British Gas, who we have been with since '79, (duel fuel), we moved to Solarplicity, again duel fuel, as there is no standing charges, (roughly 26p per day for each), and that for us makes up the bigger part of our bills, their per unit costs are still comparable anyway. Next big move is from Talk Talk for our landline and broadband, we've been with them from the start, but had so much trouble with them over bills this year, (shouldn't have had any as we paid 18 months upfront), that we've finally had enough.

Just checked out Solarplicity, I've never seen so many dreadful reviews pertaining to one organization.
    Britons were wild camping long before campsites, it's a basic human right.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information