Wooie1958 is offline That`s Nice.
    Name: Hey You
    Spouse: Yes M`Lady

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL

I`ve Finally Gone And Done It !

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I`ve finally dumped British Gas and BT after being with them for 35 years here in this house

Done well with British Gas over the years and had some very good deals ( Dual Fuel ) especially when i could tie in for several years at a time but them days are now gone

BT has also been good, especially the BT Infinity that we went onto the the early days and has been very reliable but their prices are just spiraling beyond belief

I tried both of them to see if they could match the deals i`d found with new suppliers but neither was interested and basically said .......... OK, bye

The new suppliers will save me nearly 60 a month compared to the old ones which isn`t to be sniffed at
    Did I mention I`d Won In The 1000 Giveaway
    Likes delicagirl, carol, stonedaddy, jeanette liked this post
    Thanks peter palance thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 590RL
    Great stuff, we too left British Gas, who we have been with since '79, (duel fuel), we moved to Solarplicity, again duel fuel, as there is no standing charges, (roughly 26p per day for each), and that for us makes up the bigger part of our bills, their per unit costs are still comparable anyway. Next big move is from Talk Talk for our landline and broadband, we've been with them from the start, but had so much trouble with them over bills this year, (shouldn't have had any as we paid 18 months upfront), that we've finally had enough.
    WestRidingofYorks
    Likes peter palance liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacar
    We are sticking with BT, not paid them a penny for Broadband or calls for 7 months since we moved. We kept asking them for a bill and we kept getting we owe them 0.00! I'm happy with that if they are.
    Toe jam really is delicious.
    Likes Cheerful Charlie, pamjon liked this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by izwozral View Post
    We are sticking with BT, not paid them a penny for Broadband or calls for 7 months since we moved. We kept asking them for a bill and we kept getting we owe them 0.00! I'm happy with that if they are.
    BT will be please they do like a happy customer.
    Likes izwozral liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    I compare duel fuel prices every year and quite cheerfully change to the best deal. Why not, it's no bother. I just got an email from Avro, my current supplier, telling me my contract ends in August, so I did a quick check and found they are still the cheapest, so they have me for another year. I really don't know why I have a landline, because the only people to ring are an old relative and the cold callers, but it comes with Virgin so it's probably easier to leave it in place.

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooie1958 View Post
    I`ve finally dumped British Gas and BT after being with them for 35 years here in this house

Done well with British Gas over the years and had some very good deals ( Dual Fuel ) especially when i could tie in for several years at a time but them days are now gone

BT has also been good, especially the BT Infinity that we went onto the the early days and has been very reliable but their prices are just spiraling beyond belief

I tried both of them to see if they could match the deals i`d found with new suppliers but neither was interested and basically said .......... OK, bye

The new suppliers will save me nearly 60 a month compared to the old ones which isn`t to be sniffed at
    Who's your new broadband supplier unless it virgin media and it's a landline it will be done by BT.

Virgin media employ the people sacked by BT

I quite understand my broadband was free while I worked for them when I retired they wanted 21 for the broadband alone and then plus the line rental so I shopped around and got both for 2 a month with a cash back deal.
    Last edited by harrow; 17-07-2018 at 13:34. Reason: added more

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by harrow View Post
    Who's your new broadband supplier unless it virgin media and it's a landline it will be done by BT.

Virgin media employ the people sacked by BT

I quite understand my broadband was free while I worked for them when I retired they wanted 21 for the broadband alone and then plus the line rental so I shopped around and got both for 2 a month with a cash back deal.
    who are you with for 2 pound a month harrow.....interesting

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by trixie88 View Post
    who are you with for 2 pound a month harrow.....interesting
    Not now trixie, I pay about 11 a month currently with plusnet.

But it was with EE with a massive cash back cheque so it worked out to 2 a month for a phone line and broadband.

Both are actually provided by BT
    Thanks trixie88 thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW T4 Villa XL High Top
    I use the Money Saving Expert's energy club.
    They keep an eye on everything & tell you when you should be switching
    =^..^=
    Likes trixie88, carol liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by harrow View Post
    BT will be please they do like a happy customer.
    When they catch you and twig on you may have to sell up to cover the bill,id ship out now to pastures new.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes delicagirl liked this post

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information